5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, really excellent.
I wasn't sure just how useful this 6 piece airtight storage set would be, but having received it and got the hang of closing the very airtight lids I now find that I could use another two sets !

The range of sizes is good and pretty well accommodates anything we have found and want to keep airtight.
One use, which I'd never considered, is using one for the...
Published on 15 May 2011 by R. Gorman

1.0 out of 5 stars failed very quickly
The 'locks' on these no longer worked after only a few months, the lids wouldn't fit properly any more and the locks wouldn't lock. Possibly not as microwave or dishwasher safe as they claim.
Published 23 months ago by rpincowes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, really excellent., 15 May 2011
R. Gorman "ba1485" (Bangor, Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)

One use, which I'd never considered, is using one for the storage of home made croutons (they do taste so much better that those bought in sealed packages). Normally I'd store something like these in a bowl enclosed with cling film but these containers are vastly better and I've managed to keep croutons crisp and fresh for up to a week without problem, something I could never do with the bowl and cling film method.

As time passes we are finding more and more uses for them and can't recommend them highly enough - there's also a breakfast cereal container sold separately which is also a fantastic piece of kitchen kit.

At the very reasonable price for these very high quality airtight containers, I have no hesitation in recommending them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Additional salad crisper option, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
Lock + Lock are very good food storage boxes - the seals are good, and they can be used in fridge, freezer, dishwasher and indeed microwave (as long as you unlock the lid and just have it resting, unsealed)

They do indeed stack neatly on top of each other - however, the same size boxes do not stack INSIDE each other, empty, which is an option I wanted for boxes not in use. I recommend these Food Container 0.5L 11x11cm H 6.5cm 5pcs Clear plastic Guaranteed quality - click onto the supplier, who carries a range of sizes, 0.3, 0.5, 0.75 1l for economical robust little stacker boxes and lids which fit inside each other, emptied, waiting to be used).

Lock + Lock are a much sturdier,solider (and much pricier) option. This particular set combination though was ideal - for that large 5.5 litre container which comes with a perforated inner base tray - making this ideal as an extra salad crisper box for the fridge, the perforated inner base/drainage tray helps keep lettuces and the like perkier for longer, and the size is perfect for all the salad ingredients.

Good though it is I kept my eye on pricing, and at the time I bought this there was an offer on which made it a very good deal indeed. It's always worth looking at all the buying options, the first shown is not always the best deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value and quality for the expense., 29 April 2014
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
I didn't think i'd ever purchase a plastic container with flexible lids that you constantly have to flex in order to close and secure the lid purely because what you see in shopping markets is rubbish and they break off rendering the product useless...However this particular make is great. The lids really seal well and the plastic is designed to flex without "work-hardening" and cracking.

Bought a 2nd set as addition for more containers of a different size. They simply flex and clip shut with an excellent seal. Easy to open and take freezing soup and other meals very well. I would say rather let the frozen items thaw before you flex plastic as this is just good practice and most materials (even metal) is brittle when frozen.
Going to buy more and eventually replace most of my worn out Tupperware.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
Lock & Lock won my heart 5 years ago - things stay fresh for months in these containers - air and water tight so no leaks when transporting liquids. I've tried all the different brands of "lockable" containers and none are as good as these in my experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Containers, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
a good 6 piece set of solid containers that do the job, air and water tight and keep things fresh
only down side, stains easily

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 25 Oct 2008
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
I have accumulated dozens of these containers in all different sizes and think they are the best containers I've encountered. Many other containers are very difficult to open when first taken from the freezer, whereas these open easily so one can scoop out things like prawns or peas easily. They stack neatly thus using space efficiently. They really are air and water tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars No mess!, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
This Lock & Lock Food Storage Set is great as there is a variety of useful sized boxes for anumber of uses. I have used most for the fridge and the smallest ones for storing small craft pieces.They are easy to use and to stack.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite storage containers, ever, 24 Dec 2014
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
These are by far my favorite kind of food storage containers. I'm quite picky about them as I usually take my lunch to work - I won't tolerate spilly / drippy lunches all over my bag. I've had this set for about 6 wks, but I've had others in the past that lasted for years. This brand is really great. Although technically, you can microwave them (and the lids) - I did so and it was either too long, too hot, too powerful, or too tightly sealed b/c the top warped. However - it still works fine and somewhat went back into shape. I imagine you might want to be careful with freezing as well (don't fill to the top or you'll bust the lid off). I prefer the 2 smaller sizes... the large one is really quite large (5.5L) and barely fits in the typical UK flat-size fridge - I ended up pulling out one of my crisper drawers, and using this instead, to store half used veggies. The large one also comes with a plastic 'grate' that is the same size as the bottom - not sure what this should be used for - I suppose if you put something drippy in there. Though the grate is mere mm above the bottom of the bin, so I'm not sure how effective / useful it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it!, 24 May 2014
D. Cole (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
Simple and does what it needs to do. I've had liquids inside these and never leaks, so its defo worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality product but double check the sizes of each item for your needs, 2 Nov 2009
Mark1000 (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
The Lock & Lock range is easily the best container storage system I have come across. No fiddly problems of mishapen lids not fitting or sealing. The only slight issue I have with this multipack is that the mid-sized units (you get 3) are a little bit shallower than I was expecting. Fortunately I have found alternative uses for them (was going to be for sandwiches) but to give an idea of height you can't quite fit a typical swiss roll inside one without squashing it. Other than that, I will continue to buy other L&L containers as they are of exceptional quality and the sealing effect doesn't suffer going from freezer to microwave to dishwasher and back to the freezer again.

Lock & Lock Food Storage Set 6 Piece