5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy, Sensual, Sexy, Seductive
Firstly, Sherilyn Fenn is absolutely gorgeous in this movie, and I mean drop dead gorgeous. No matter how many times I watch this film, and it's been a few over the years, she never fails to take my breath away. Why she does not keep her hair colour this colour all the time is beyond me.
Published on 22 Dec 2003 by Mr. Dean R. Hughes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on Audrey
Cute Southern Belle meets big rough carnie and smouldering passion -sex ensues as her wedding day approaches.
A lot of this film ended up on the cutting room floor - the scenes that actually give the story it's internal logic. No doubt to make room for the sexploitation of young SF.
Published 20 months ago by Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy, Sensual, Sexy, Seductive, 22 Dec 2003
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Anyway, the story to the film concerns a restless spirit, gypsy type -Richard Tyson- who enters into an erotic affair with a rich southern belle -Sherilyn Fenn- who is due to be married. The chemistry between the two really sizzles and, accompanied by some great erotic music provided by Jonathan Elias, the movie creates a wonderful steamy but dangerous atmosphere. Anyone that has been in a situation where love has been forbidden will appreciate.
There are also some fantastic tunes in the film "Trance" by Loria Jonzun is a mesmerising piece of music and George Thorogood lends his version of "Who Do You Love" to great effect. Buy this film and watch it alone with a bottle of your choice - it's magic.

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
A dark movie with a brooding plot. Easy to follow storyline that could have been a little more adventurous. Worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on Audrey, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Plenty of shots of her puppies and a full frontal which is so unnecessary and out of place it is actually embarrasing. And sad to see this beautiful actress being forced to bare all for a few gratuitous moments.At what cost to her career ?
You get the feeling that the cast were genuinely trying to put some energy into this,but ultimately it was about getting SF's keggs off for public or rather pubic display.
We'll always have Audrey

3.0 out of 5 stars Very mixed reactions, 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Before purchasing Two Moon Junction, I knew that this movie was popular for its erotic sex scenes between Sherilyn Fenn and her co-star Richard Tyson. But the reason I bought this movie was because of the excellent soundtrack I had glimpsed on the internet, along with a few scenes that impressed me in their directing, editing, and tension like at the Carnival and in the DeLongpre's house when Sherilyn's character (April De Longpre) catches Perry in her shower. All these scenes made me consider this movie as something interesting enough to buy and watch.

To me, I felt the first part was the best, mostly for its cinematography and its lighting. Especially when there is a juxtaposition of Sherilyn diving in the pool while the carnival is being installed by Perry and the rest of the crew. Along with an excellent scene while we hear the song Who do you love and an excellent scene between April and her grandmother Belle, the first part of the movie really impressed me. Even Kristy McNicols's character was perfect in her funny role and I felt she should have had more presence in the film. So to me, that first part of the movie works well.

But for the second part, starting when the characters leave the carnival after a big accident, I felt the story turned more into an excuse to show some arousing scenes between Fenn and Tyson and exploit the actress's nudity. Sure the big argument between her and Perry was very funny, but when I watched her sex scenes, I still had the feeling that Sherilyn Fenn wasn't comfortable doing them for she was always crying at the end of those scenes. And to me I think that situation really hurt the film. Not only that, some of them were just over-the-top, like the one in the restaurant which to me didn't work. In the script, I also felt the movie had too much characters that were underdeveloped, though not as much as Chad - April's future husband- who I felt could have had a richer personality, other reasons to marry April, and do things that would explain why April feels that she wouldn't be happy with him and would prefer Perry instead. I also felt a loss of quality in the second part's cinematography, as if Zalman King lost interest to show some interesting visuals and found more important to see Fenn's body and not her male co-star.

Now I am not saying that this movie was entirely bad. Like I said before: a very good first part and a not-that-impressive second part. But I think that Zalman King should have put more priority in his script and directing and not take too much interest on exploiting Sherilyn Fenn's nudity. Because that was when the film was losing quality and became something that didn't interested me as much as when it started.

PS: For those of you that think this version is the original wide-screen version, be aware that this version is the full screen version. So that you won't be surprised when you receive your copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug 2014
mickie max (billingham england) - See all my reviews
a one off very good dvd great storyline of love romance great acting

5.0 out of 5 stars sherilyn shines!!!, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Whats not to love about this movie?! Its been a favourite of mine for years so i thought id finally give it a review.Like all 80s'erotic thrillers'its not to be taken seriously,it has a fun storyline & lotsa steamy scenes.
I agree with the other reviewer that it is definatley for fans of Sherilyn fenn who is at her erotic best!

5.0 out of 5 stars two moon junction, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
it is wonderful to see erotic relationships in such beautiful surroundings and treated with taste and understanding I really enjoyed watching it

1.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia and rose tinted specs, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
I remember me and my best friend loving this movie back when it came out. I saw it on Amazon by accident and although I couldn't remember much about it, ordered it out of a feeling of nostalgia. What a total disappointment. It's so cheesy and dated and well, totally rubbish! Gutted but its taught me that sometimes its best to leave things like big hair, huge shoulder pads, blue lip liner and fashionable 80's chick flicks in the past where they belong lol :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Laughable, 4 Feb 2008
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Thin on plot and with characters totally lacking in chemistry, this film is not worth renting. The very poor story line and lack of any kind of tension, let alone sexuaL, do not merit the time it takes to put the film in the DVD player. Don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
i bought this film years ago and i loaned it to someone who failed to return it to me, hence i ordered it here, its a good film, if you havent seen it you should add it to your dvd collection.

Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989]
Two Moon Junction [DVD] [1989] by Zalman King (DVD - 2003)
Used & New from: 7.87