4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 year old loves it
Published on 21 April 2009 by Jennifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good quality as expected
I bought this for my daughter's 4th Birthday. She loves playing doctors and so I knew it would be well used.
She loves the doctor's set but I was bit more disapointed...
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by sb28

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 year old loves it, 21 April 2009
Jennifer (Lochmaben, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
This is a really good set. It has everything and is strong. Also comes with most of the batteries required (just not the AA ones). My daughter loves it. She's almost 3 but will grow into it still as she only uses a few things ar the moment. The only disappointing thing is that the box looks all organised with a space for everything but that is only temporary packaging insets and you end up just throwing everything in the box and it's all a bit of a mess and I have a feeling parts will get lost because it's hard to track them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite expensive.... but worth it!, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Just bought this set after much uhmming and ahhring about the price- not cheap- but I thought that the 'extra' items included in this set (the mobile with realistic sounds, the 'working' pager and the stethascope that makes noises) would make it worth it as my boys (aged 18 mths and 3)are both mad on phones and pressing buttons on any gadget they can lay their hands on. I wasn't disappointed!- this set is a huge hit. The mobile is great- lots of sounds and a flashing red light; the pager is good too, and the stethascope really made me laugh with the coughing sound it makes. These 3 items really 'make' this set- but the rest is good too- seems very durable and the play syringe is great. This was one toy they really couldn't stop playing with. All in all, quite expensive.... but well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them amused r hours, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
I bought this for my niece. She loves playing doctor with this set. No point in going to your gp as she has everything she's needs in this set!! She loves it so that's all that matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing Doctor Set, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Our five year old loved this set and, after Christmas Dinner, went around the various snoozing grown-ups taking temperatures and checking blood pressure. She loved it.

Only slight annoyance was that I had to carefully remove the picture stuck to front of the case (and I could only just manage to remove all the glue) because it depicted a BOY as the Doctor on the front. This would not have gone down well. In this day and age, it should not be a boy as the doctor and a nurse as a girl. Graphics Department please note!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor play kit, 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
The kit was all-plastic and seemed durable, with plenty of items with which a modern doctor will be familiar! The electronic pager seemed to emit authentic sounds and the stethoscope produced some realistic noises too. My five-year-old granddaughter was intrigued with the set - the many instruments giving rise to useful discussion. She kept returning to it throughout the day. My guess is that it was both instructive and diverting and so was good value. Perhaps I should have bought the child's white coat to go with it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, shame about the quality, 18 Jan 2010
M. P. Waddington "Maggie" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
My grandchild just loved this toy but after playing with it for around 30 minutes the blood pressure monitor bulb split and the emergency bleep stopped working. I was really sad that although the toy was quite expensive the quality just wasn't there. However, I returned the toy and received a replacement and I can now say that after many, many hours of play none of the items have broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medical toy, 10 Sep 2010
Lynda Shaughnessy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
My daughter plays with this all the time. We purchased it as a birthday present and she never tires of it. Everyone who comes to our house has to be a patient! The items in the case are durable and look as good now as the day we bought them, even with the amount of use they get!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good quality as expected, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
She loves the doctor's set but I was bit more disapointed...
For the price I expected a very high quality which unfortunately it is not. Thankfully my daughter is pretty gentle with her toys-the blood pressure monitor is VERY flimsy and in the hands of a not-so-gentle 2/3 year old would be destroyed within seconds!!
Also just to point our that whilst the stethoscope and "bleeper" do come with batteries, the mobile does not!
Overall it is a nice kit and my daughter really likes it but I personally wouldnt have spent that amount of money if I had known that the quailty wouldn't match the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's Play Doctors, 5 Jan 2010
D. E. Lowe (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set

Initially I thought this seemed quite expensive for what appeared to be a fairly standard set. Most of the instruments are what you would normally get for a fiver. However, the pager, mobile phone and stethoscope which emit very appropriate sounds make up for this. The specs are a waste of time I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little family doctor, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
The items in this set seem sturdy and my son loved the fact that some of them make actual sounds. The bag is a plus for storage. I recommend this set to any child who loves pretend and play.

Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set