4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 year old loves it

Published on 22 Mar. 2013 by NG

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 year old loves it, 21 April 2009
Jennifer (Lochmaben, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
This is a really good set. It has everything and is strong. Also comes with most of the batteries required (just not the AA ones). My daughter loves it. She's almost 3 but will grow into it still as she only uses a few things ar the moment. The only disappointing thing is that the box looks all organised with a space for everything but that is only temporary packaging insets and you end up just throwing everything in the box and it's all a bit of a mess and I have a feeling parts will get lost because it's hard to track them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing Doctor Set, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Our five year old loved this set and, after Christmas Dinner, went around the various snoozing grown-ups taking temperatures and checking blood pressure. She loved it.

Only slight annoyance was that I had to carefully remove the picture stuck to front of the case (and I could only just manage to remove all the glue) because it depicted a BOY as the Doctor on the front. This would not have gone down well. In this day and age, it should not be a boy as the doctor and a nurse as a girl. Graphics Department please note!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite expensive.... but worth it!, 28 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Just bought this set after much uhmming and ahhring about the price- not cheap- but I thought that the 'extra' items included in this set (the mobile with realistic sounds, the 'working' pager and the stethascope that makes noises) would make it worth it as my boys (aged 18 mths and 3)are both mad on phones and pressing buttons on any gadget they can lay their hands on. I wasn't disappointed!- this set is a huge hit. The mobile is great- lots of sounds and a flashing red light; the pager is good too, and the stethascope really made me laugh with the coughing sound it makes. These 3 items really 'make' this set- but the rest is good too- seems very durable and the play syringe is great. This was one toy they really couldn't stop playing with. All in all, quite expensive.... but well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Went by previous reviews and bought this, can say I'm not disappointed. It has all the accessories you could need for doctor/nurse role play...just need the outfit to complete full roleplay. Overall excellent value for money and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medical toy, 10 Sept. 2010
Lynda Shaughnessy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
My daughter plays with this all the time. We purchased it as a birthday present and she never tires of it. Everyone who comes to our house has to be a patient! The items in the case are durable and look as good now as the day we bought them, even with the amount of use they get!

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's Play Doctors, 5 Jan. 2010
D. E. Lowe (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set

Initially I thought this seemed quite expensive for what appeared to be a fairly standard set. Most of the instruments are what you would normally get for a fiver. However, the pager, mobile phone and stethoscope which emit very appropriate sounds make up for this. The specs are a waste of time I'm afraid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
After searching for weeks for a suitable doctors set for our 3 year old granddaughter I settled on this one despite considering it extremely expensive. It's a nice set.....if you're able to get into it! It took my husband and I (who are both competent DIYers) quite a while to master the catch...not sure if it was faulty or if they are all the same, but our grandaughter certainly wouldn't have been able to do it. Also, getting everything back the way it is packaged in order for it to fit in the case would have been quite a challenge I'm sure....not that we tried it...we sent it back...thank goodness for Amazon's excellent returns policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor play kit, 30 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
The kit was all-plastic and seemed durable, with plenty of items with which a modern doctor will be familiar! The electronic pager seemed to emit authentic sounds and the stethoscope produced some realistic noises too. My five-year-old granddaughter was intrigued with the set - the many instruments giving rise to useful discussion. She kept returning to it throughout the day. My guess is that it was both instructive and diverting and so was good value. Perhaps I should have bought the child's white coat to go with it too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
Really plasticky toy set with, as others have said, a really infuriating box and plastic trays - throw the trays away, don't bother trying to put things back in them.

Though the range of pieces is quite large and varied, it could have all been put together better. I got a lovely wooden medical set given to my daughter as a gift and it is a lot more enjoyable. The box alone is what I would describe as a proper Doctor's Set and she loves playing with it. Though she does also enjoy playing with this one too, to be fair.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent playrole set., 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set (Toy)
My 4yr old twin grandchildren just love playing doctors and nurses, and this was the ideal birthday present for them.

Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set