5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it! Buy it now!
I bought this album thinking that the only songs i would like would be 'crazy horses' and 'love me for a reason'. After all, they are a boyband that not many people remember, and even less confess to have liked. How wrong i was.
Published on 5 Mar. 2006 by Juliet

3.0 out of 5 stars just memories
I bought this one as a memory from the time when I was 10. As a Jim Morrison fan this would be the last to buy but I did it.
Published on 7 Sept. 2003 by Cobussen Jb

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it! Buy it now!, 5 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
After listening to this album a couple of times i was hooked, and it hasn't left my cd player. I am now a devoted Osmond fan, even if it's 30 years too late.
Disc one is my favourite, as the second is mostly hits by Donny and Marie, several of which are covers of other artists work.
These songs are so well written and performed, it would be hard not to fall in love with them unless you despise all things pop.
Being a teenager myself, i am sure these songs could still be popular in the charts as they stick to a classic formula which withstands the test of time, while still being original.
The Osmonds produced so many amazing songs - from romantic ballads to rockier hits. If you are new to the Osmonds work, or have been a fan for years, this is a brilliant collection that everyone will enjoy. I highly recommend this cd to everyone!
PS. If you liked this cd i recommend trying to find the original records - it gets even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate collection The Osmonds, 9 July 2003
Mrs. L. J. Thomas "lillian 61" (Portland, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
A must for all osmonds fans, after watching being the Osmonds on Saturday night I had to go out and get this Album the next day, Having been a Osmond fan for 30 years I own several of best of ect albums, but this has got to be the best of them all, Disc 1 is the better of the two discs, with a recently recorded Love me for a Reason track, Disco 2 has Donny Marie & Jimmy, An album well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album - but too many repeats, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
This 2-disc album is a very good buy if you don't already have the Osmonds in your vinyl collection. None of the dynamism of the original vinyl recordings has been lost in the transfer to CD and in fact, the tracks seem to have been remastered, as all are superb. The only gripe I have is that UMTV have omitted 'That's My Girl' - arguably one of the best tracks on the Crazy Horses album. This is unfortunate when some tracks have been repeated in different versions twice or even three times! Apart from that omission, a great choice for everyone's CD collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paper Roses, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Like many probably, I was too embarrassed to buy an Osmonds/Donny Osmond album back in the day due to their boy-band image - but am now old enough to longer care. Some of this is great music, no question - and the fact that this double CD explores the entire output of the Osmond family - Donny, Marie, Little Jimmy and The Osmonds band as well - makes this sound much better than would a Donny & Marie CD, as their music tends to sound sugary, delicious as sugar sometimes is!

My personal view is that it is the Donny & Marie songs - both individually and as a duo - which lift this compilation into greatness due to their distinctive, sweet, clear, emotional voices and harmonies. However, the out-and-out rocking of The Osmonds successfully manages to temper the sweetness of Donny and Marie. My favourites here are The Twelfth of Never, Puppy Love, Deep Purple Dream, Love Me For A Reason, Let Me In, and of course, the country-styled Paper Roses ...like roses made of paper, there isn't any sweetness in your heart. Crazy Horses is probably the best of the rock songs, and here we get the original and an interesting remix of that song.

Modern boybands from Take That onwards tend to be targetted with being manufactured and heartless, but despite all the hype they went through, there is an honesty and love for music and songs here in The Osmonds.

3.0 out of 5 stars just memories, 7 Sept. 2003
Cobussen Jb "Bart Cobussen" (Amsterdam. The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
The double disc has all the hits and honestly the songs were not that bad at all. As a greatest hits album it will give you all you want to know about the Osmonds family. Donny Osmond still has a good voice noboddy will deny that, lucky for us Jimmy Osmond doesn't sing anymore listen to his song and you understand why. The Osmonds were in fact the first succefull "boy-band" listen: Love Me For A Reason and you know the answer.Crazy Horses is still a powerfull song but outdated as most of the songs. But it was no means a bad decision to buy the double disc, okay the memory makes it while worth.
The video parts should give it an extra star, but that would be a little to much, can I give an half star extra??

5.0 out of 5 stars best of donny and the gang, 20 July 2003
Ms. A. M. Coleman "hcacoleman" (NEWPORT PAGNELL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
this double CD is so worth the money if you are a Osmond fan it got all the hits and more songs from donny osmaond
the best track is by donny himself called All out of love.
it is so relaxing and always sends me to sleep.
go on and treat yourself
enjoy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Showing my Age., 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
What can I say? Years Since I've heard these songs, but this album bought back so many memories. I love it!
Clearly remember seeing Crazy Horses on TOP. (Yes I'm that old)!
If you were an Osmonds fan first time round, this is a must have.
I always loved The Osmonds, but back then they weren't "Cool" so I'd not have admitted it.
Now I'm old enough not to care & openly say, Love 'em.
Buy & enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane., 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Couldn't resist buying this if only for the happy childhood memories it evokes. I had forgotten how great some of their tracks were,The Proud one, Love me for a reason and Crazy Horses to name just a few. Admittedly there are a few that I would give a miss but that's the case with most artists. On the whole I would rate this double CD a worth while buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane, 31 May 2008
Ms. C. Dervan "CMD" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I fell in love with donny when i was ten - i'm now 45... Bought this cd last week and haven't stopped listening to it. Brings back loads of memories. It has all the favourites on it and some I haven't heard in years. If you're an osmond fan you'll love listening to this....

4.0 out of 5 stars Osmonds very best cd, 20 July 2009
Ms. Cr Cousins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
This CD is really good, I am a new fan of the Osmonds, the songs are great wheather you are a new or old fan. There are great songs such as 'Love me for a Reason' to 'The Proud one'. I would recommend the cd for all Osmond fans out there, great music to chill out to.

Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Collection by The Osmonds (Audio CD - 2008)