5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
So funny I get strange looks from other drivers when i listen to it in my car cos I'm laughing so much.
Published 9 months ago by Bids

3.0 out of 5 stars Studenty stuff
Published on 12 Nov 2003 by Dr. Ew

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY ENTERTAINING., 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Fake Songs (With DVD) (Audio CD)
First of all the DVD shows what an odd mind LIAM LYNCH possesses,with bizzare clips of flies fooling a spider into not eating them and other strange but enjoyable snippets This is something different indeed,and the behind the scenes stuff is all very interesting.
Now the CD,and yes,like many others i bought this on the back of UNITED STATES OF WHATEVER hoping for more of the same weird brilliance. The songs are quite bonkers,i love I'M ALL BLOODY INSIDE and STILL WASTED FROM THE PARTY LAST NIGHT,the fake BJORK,BOWIE,DEPECHE MODE and TALKING HEADS songs are also very witty.
Granted,some of the songs are just weird,but they kind of work for the album.
It could be argued there isn't another UNITED STATES OF WHATEVER moment,but some songs do come close,certainly in humour anyway. I took a chance on this,and i'm not sorry,i found it all very amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, 7 Aug 2004
Mr. M. RALPH "ralph_109" (U.K - KENT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fake Songs (With DVD) (Audio CD)
I clap my hands to liam lynch because...this album just proves how simple music making can be.I think the whole album/dvd is very clever, indivdual and original because its not like other rubbish band music..that just all sound the same.the album has a few classics such as ' United States Of Whatever'..which is 130 seconds of FAB lyrics and cheeky tunes. Rapbot is ...well..funny..cuz you do..is super as well. I am not too sure on the 'Fake' songs because they dont have any deffination. the dvd is Full length..Weird BUT clever..here you can just see how liam creates his music, you get a few very weird videos liam made..and you also get the music videos..and 'United States Of Whatever' is Super. I brought this cd cheap. but i Thought it was well worth it because of the double cd plus dvd package and that not many people may have heard of him..which is good because he is an indivual..and i like him..even though my family hate it..but that makes me turn it up louder...WELL DONE LIAM...you Rock..and you cats.are wicked p.s...you should join tenacious d and create a new album !

3.0 out of 5 stars Studenty stuff, 12 Nov 2003
This review is from: Fake Songs (With DVD) (Audio CD)
I made the mistake of looking at the accompianing DVD before I listened to the album, and was sadly tainted because this is full of rubbish, as it is full of what is essentially media students course work. Which made me take the actual album less seriously. Although perhaps that is the point. This album is a mixture of songs sung and written in the style of....various. At times funny, at time no so funny. The best moments are the excellent United State of Whatever and the duet with the guy from Shallow Hal and Tenacious D, Rock and Roll whore. Not bad in many ways but I can't imagine I will be listening to this in six months time.

4.0 out of 5 stars wot a brilliant album...!!, 31 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Fake Songs (With DVD) (Audio CD)
the first time i listened to this album i had to play it over and over again...it's brilliant and imaginative

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful stuff...., 23 July 2005
Amazon Customer (Anglesey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fake Songs (With DVD) (Audio CD)
Oh dear. So glad i got this really cheap. It makes an excellent coaster to put your tea/coffee on so you dont mark your furniture. Failing that i guess you could snap the cd in half and jam the bits in your ears so you wont hear any more rubbish like this. If you like me loved the brilliant humour and rocking tunes of Tenacious D then dont think that this is going to tide you over untill (if ever) Tenacious D ever get round to doing another. Jack Black lends his vocal support to one song on this album but even he cant stop this being shear dross. Is there a field near you? if so then try throwing the disc to one another frisbee style. Much better fun than listening to it i assure you.

ARRAY(0xa952d9fc)

Fake Songs (With DVD)
Fake Songs (With DVD) by Liam Lynch (Audio CD - 2003)