4.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac MX5388 Filter Pack
Published on 26 May 2009 by P. Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Well built. Good product that does the job. It is not exactly what I was looking for but that the only model which looked compact enough while still being able to carry on all sizes of filters.
Published on 21 Aug. 2012 by Raoudi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac MX5388 Filter Pack, 26 May 2009
P. Mason - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
The filter pack is very nearly perfect for my needs. My only gripe is that the belt loop is too wide to fit on the sliplock loops on my Lowepro Slingshot bag, (which is mainly why I bought it). That's what happens when you assume. Overall though, the pack is very well made, the belt loop has velcro and poppers for extra security. The filters are well padded. If it had fitted my bag it would have got a 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well recommended filter case, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
As I've come to expect with Tamrac products, this is very well made. The case is held closed by a strong Velcro fastener. There is a handle on the top and a fastener on the back through which you can put a belt or camera case strap. The fastener on the back is held in place by a thick Velcro strip and by two press-studs.

The case has five well padded slots each of which comfortably holds a 77mm filter. I can't speak for the maximum advertised size of 82mm as I do not have any filters larger than 77mm.

In my photography I'm very often swapping over neutral density filters. I've found this to be quite awkward when keeping each filter in its own plastic case but this filter holder makes swapping over filters much easier.

A well recommended filter case.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will hold 11 filters and with double protection!, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
I was going to buy the Cokin P filter holder but didn't like the reviews and it is twice the price. So I bought a clear plastic rigid box to hold 10 filters in a very small space and all well protected right to the top of the filter. Then I bought this item to hold the filter box. When it arrived I discovered the dividers were stitched in and had to be removed. With them out the box fits perfectly and there is still room for a circular polarising filter. Now I have the option of carrying the filter box in the main camera bag or travel light with only one camera and this holder on my belt. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
Its a fantastic little pouch. I could accomodate 6 filters in it and it looks like I could also fit another two, if willing to stack next to another. Easy to carry and can be fixed on to a bag or belt if you'd like.

A good buy and better than filter pouches that fold. Access is quick and its padded well enogh to withstand some pressure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 21 Aug. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for Cokin Grads, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
this is perfect for my Cokin graduated ND filters x3 (rectangular) as well as the lens holder and 3 les adapter rings (52, 67, & 77). all in, nice and safe and secure. It has a Velcro attachment which I can attach to my camera backpack, keeping it all very handy. Excellent product, service, very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice filter holder, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
It's well made, it secures your filters well and it has five compartments for filters. The velcro keeps evetihing in the right place and it's so strong that, some times, it's dificult to open with only one hand. I think I would prefer to have two magnetic lock instead of the velcro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure and safe storage for filters., 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
A great addition to those with several large filters. I have several 77mm polariser/ND filters/step-up rings and this pouch is ideal for storing them. Unlike the picture shown with filters stored in their cases, I do not put filter cases into the Tamrac - just the filters themselves. The filter pack is well padded, very secure and strong. As with another review I read, I agree that the belt loop is too heavy duty! Certainly a great way to protect filters.

4.0 out of 5 stars handy bag, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
I bought 2 of these to fit on my explorer camara bag and free up some space inside, it will take 5 P type filter but alas not in their plastic cases,using the Kood type cases are the best, it's sturdy and well made piece of kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but I think it would also be handy to ..., 26 Nov. 2013
M. A. Clegg "mike" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac MX5388 BLACK MAS Filter Pack - Black (Camera)
Very good but I think it would also be handy to have a way to seal the entrance by a zip or something so that dust and bits of dirty can't get into the case.

Good size though and lots of space for a good selection of filters.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›