VINE VOICEon 24 February 2004
This was bought for my son's first birthday (although Nanna, unable to suppress the excitement gave the gift a month early). It was a huge hit from the start and James has happily toddled up and down pushing Thomas and laughing. There's a nice happy jingle too, however, the batteries soon ran out!
Now two months later he has taken to standing on Thomas and letting go - he then balances proudly and precariously - much to the horror of his parents.
It's great - we can definitely recommend it as a happy little toy - fairly good value for money too.
on 10 December 2003
I bought this for my son's first birthday and he just loved it at the time and played with it solidly for the following 2 years - even now a big 3 1/2 yr old he'll still have a play on it from time to time when his younger brother isn't watching!It's been outside in all weathers and still works. Great value.
on 3 April 2006
Further to the other reviews the manufacturers have changed the horn to a squeezy press one that doesn't require batteries. hurrah. My son loves it and stores all his take along Thomas' in the seat.Easy to put together and looks like it will withstand hours of heavy 'boys' play.
Whoo whoo.
on 12 September 2005
This was a present we bought for my son's first birthday. It is one of the few toys he is still playing regularly with nearly a year later. The batteries do run out after a few months - but my son loves it just as much without the sound effects. He started by pushing it along, and now sits on it pushing himself up and down making his own train sound effects! An excellent toy - good value considering the hours of entertainment received from it.
on 27 November 2004
i bought this for my son when he was about 14 months old thinking it was a bit expensive for a push along toy for a child who could already walk confidently. However he is now 21/2 and this is his most treasured toy, it has given him so much fun, sitting, riding, and storing his fav train in the seat. It has been outside in all weathers and is still in great working order. The horn battery ran out very quickly but apart from that it is a complete success.
on 26 November 2009
I bought this for my sons first birthday when it was on the amazing special offer of just £12.50. It quickly became his favourite toy. He first pushed it along before he could even walk properly and then charged around with it as he got more confident. Now at almost 2 he can sit on it and push it with his own feet and does so with a big grin. It is well made and has endured many a knock. The one we have has the squeak not battery sound, so no expense on batteries. My only 'minor' critiscisms would be that the lid on the seat comes off quite easily which obviously little one thinks is great fun and means I am constantly putting it back on and also the stickers tend to curl up at the edges with use but nothing a little prit stick doesn't fix. I Totally recommend this product, it will last years and helps with all stages of mobility as they progress from stumbling to walking and then riding. Even his 5 year old niece likes a turn when she comes to play and it takes her weight just as well!!! The under seat box always has a secret stash of toys and this also is a great source of amusement for a little chap. In short We 'LOVE' it!!!!!
on 25 October 2007
My eldest son was 2 when his Godmother bought him Thomas. He literally shook with excitement and used it constantly for months. Two younger sisters learnt to walk with thomas and use the box under the seat to store their precious cuddly toys. My youngest will be handed the torch in a few months and I expect a similar reaction to a toy that has stood the test of time.
on 3 August 2010
I was disappointed to discover upon receiving this item that it doesn't play the theme tune as stated in the product description. From reading other reviews for this product it appears that it used to play music, but that Tomy changed the design because the batteries needed changing frequently and people must have complained about the cost. It now has a squeezy horn. The description needs to be updated! Other than that out little boy adores this toy. He loves being pushed round on it (he's a little bit little at just turned one to be pushing himself - his legs don't quite reach the ground!), and the good thing is it doubles as a walker. Plus the storage compartment under the seat is a good idea (although not a very big space - don't expect to be able to use it as an extra toy box or anything), we've been using it to play hide 'n find with him. A good solid toy he can grow into, and I'm sure will last him a good couple of years. Really easy to put together too.
on 13 February 2009
I bought this sit and ride Thomas the Tank Engine the Christmas before last when my grandson was 9 months old. He walked very young - just 10 months and has played with this toy ever since. He is now 21 months old and still has great fun pushing Thomas, riding on his back, tooting the horn, and putting small toys in and out of the storage compartment under the seat.
on 4 September 2009
My 18 month old grandson always made a bee line for his sisters sit and ride toy and arguments ensued. He loves Thomas, so this seemed the obvious solution. I shall never forget his face when he came next, made straight for her toy and saw this next to it! He was so delighted and plays with it all the time when he's here. His sister is 3 and still enjoys her sit and ride so I expect years of fun from this. It's very sturdy, and he loves putting things in the space beneath the list up seat. It's a shame the only noise is a squeak, but it's better than the music on his sister's which stopped working, much to their frustration.