Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Price:£32.95+ £2.99 shipping

on 9 February 2005
For adults there is something wonderfully reassuring about well-crafted wooden toys; I guess because they remind us of the toys we played with when we were small. However, I also think that it is good for children to play with toys made from natural materials like wood.
This is an extremely good toy - well designed and cleverly constructed to the highest standards (in fact the build quality is amazing - visiting adults often spend a long time marvelling at the quality). It is great fun too, my son has had hours of enjoyment playing with his.
Be warned that this is not a cheap toy: there are a number of accessories available including a fire station (which is pictured on the box) which your child will want. My son received this toy for Christmas (just before his third birthday) and once he had seen the picture of the fire station he wanted it. In fact he proposed going back to bed so that Santa could come again and bring it!
Highly recommended but be warned it is all too easy to end up buying the entire set
on 23 June 2009
This wooden fire engine by Pintoy shows just why wooden toys are such favourites even in these days of diecast metal and plastic. The model is well finished, smooth to the touch, well painted and nicely detailed. There are three lengths of fire hose with it, one with a nozzle end, and the two piece ladder raises, extends and swivels. In addition, the extending section of the ladder can be removed entirely and used separately in rescues where the fire engine cannot get in close to the burning building. At each side there is a lift-up locker door for access to the storage area in the rear body, and the top of the rear body (the part to which the ladder is attached) is also removable for access, as is the cab roof. If you also buy the accessory set, the parts for this can also be stored in the rear storage area, as can the extra accessories with the fire fighter set. If you go the whole hog and buy the four fire fighters, two of these can be accommodated in the cab and the other two on the rear of the engine, though rather perilously. It's well worth buying all three sets if you can. All I need now is to find some way to smuggle the fire station into the house without my wife finding out and I have my own fire brigade!
on 6 January 2011
I bought the Fire Engine and Firefighters for my Grandson for Xmas and even though we had extreme weather conditions it arrived very well packed the next day, the quality is outstanding and very well finished, my grandson was delighted as he is fire engine crazy. Excellent product and excellent service.
on 23 April 2014
What can I say -- I just love this - bought the fire station as well and this is perfect - such really good quality - you get what you pay for and this is really worth the money - it is a sturdy toy which reminds me of how toys used to be made.
on 15 January 2015
A wonderful well made solid wooden fire engine with working ladders, string hoses that attatch, and a cab roof that comes off so you can put figures( not supplied) in the driving seat. Small person for whom this was a gift is nearly 3 and was clearly impressed; it's so well made I would imagine it could happily take a lot of very intensive physical play without suffering permanent harm, and will hopefully become a treasured toy. Not cheap but definitely worth the money; i would recommend this to anyone with small male people in their families, but I suspect some girls would love it too, and their dads.
on 1 April 2013
Pretty much everything about this product is excellent: the made quality, finish and design are really good to see. I would always choose wooden toys over the plastic options and this toy I think offers better value for money.

The only disappointment is that there are no figures with the engine, which I know you can purchase separately, but I do think that's a bit of a con.
on 15 January 2015
Fab toy. My 2 year old loved it, and believe he will do so for many years to come. One little prob: we had to stick down both lids with BluTac as they kept coming off, which my son found frustrating. However, I doubt older kids would gave a problem with this.
on 1 April 2013
Great wooden toy for any budding fireman! Purchased with the city fire station as we felt it looked nicer and it fits nicely with it. My son has the pintoy fireman which you purchase separately but all items are of good quality and provide hours of fun.
on 9 April 2013
Was a bit concerned as this fire engine has no 'ni-nor' (thought his mother chose this to save her sanity) but it really is his favourite toy at the moment. It is very well made and should provide years of fun. Would recommend.
on 17 August 2014
Was a seconds and it was classed as new. Was bought and delivered two days before my sons 2nd birthday so had no chance to do anything about it. My husband glued it and painted where it was scuffed. Very annoyed.