Format: DVD|Change

on 5 January 2010
Great crime thriller, with all the usual ingredients to keep us interested, e.g great acting from lead roles, good plot and for us females, Ed Harris! It's a film I can watch many times, and still spot something new.
on 8 April 2016
China Moon. I really enjoyed this movie & it's got Madeline Stowe in it! Love her in most of her movies! ed Harris plays a good part in this film too! Lots of twists & turns.
on 29 March 2016
this film was excellent i had seen it a while ago before i obtained the dvd and it was worth watching again excellently priced
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2011
I missed a key moment in this film, and so, although I thought it bowled along quite well, I was consistently underestimating it as fairly standard Hollywood fare: easy on the eye femme fatale getting helped out by slightly dorky detective.

Then as the plot unfolded I found my opinion of the film improving until I got to the end, which in itself was quite poignant, and the penny dropped. Only then did I realise how neatly the key moment had been slipped in at the start and I so I had to reframe a particular event.

An excellent example of the film noire genre certainly not hindered by the very photogenic Madeline Stowe. If you're only as good as me you will want to watch the film twice to pick up the stuff you missed first time.
on 29 January 2003
Very good movie . I have to worn you - if you expecting regular , happy ending Hollywood cheapy , you are in wrong place .
Ed Harris playing a police homoside detective . His character is street smart , talanted , but very lonly . His partner is young and kind of laisy .One evening , Harris meet a beatifull woman ( Madelein Stowe ), and we fell in love with her character right away : smart , very attractive , intellegent and funny . So did the detective . She dissapears that evening , but Harris find her , of cause . The relationship developes and getting more and more interesting every scene . But everything goes not that easy for tham - she is married . Producers made an exellent selection of an actor for the role of her husband ( we dislike him right away ). He ownes a big Florida bank chain , cheating on his beatifull wife and pushing her around constantly . We know right away - something will happen , somebody going to get killed . And most likely , this someone will be her husband .
What I like in this movie , is the love story between Harris and Stowe . Both actors perform on such high level , that keeps your attention from begining all the way to the end . We want them to be together . And when Stowe get in big troubles , we want Harris to help her .
At same time we have to think ,That she is just seting him up , but we want to belive her . We WANT to belive that she loves Harris character ....
Highly recomended.
on 2 December 2013
Oh dear. Mix the following. Colour worthy of an 'erotic' thriller. Dedicated cop with a young sidekick who's a bit dim. Alleged femme fatale who distracts said-ded-cop from straight and narrow. Charles Dance as philandering abusive southern husband. Dull script. Twisty plot designed by a committee. Rubbish muzak sound track. Humourless set-up. Then pretend they really 'care' and it's all to do with the moon (somehow symbolically). Calculate the time you've wasted confirming Hollywood cop drama (with honorable exceptions, ok,) is mostly rubbish.
on 27 May 2010
My wife thoroughly enjoyed this movie especially the acting of Ed Harris's performance.Benecio Del Toro is an interesting actor with that wry offbeat humour that makes him so appealing.Stowe is her usual top class stuff.An enjoyable if slightly too steamy (for me) movie.
on 7 December 2014
Love this film - no problems with transaction
on 9 February 2015
a good story
on 19 May 2014
Not a bad film this although I find the picture not the best. Fine performances and Ed Harris and Madeline Stowe are among my favourite actors