5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME MELODIC METAL CD!
Published on 10 April 2001 by martydon1967

2.0 out of 5 stars Will The Sun Rise?
Published on 22 Mar. 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME MELODIC METAL CD!, 10 April 2001
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
This release from the finnish power metal band was released with big expectations,and they didnt let us down,this cd although a bit mellower than previous ventures,is what i would class as the best of there carrers(over 11 years since they started)it has the lighter side of rock with "HUNTING HIGH AND LOW" and "A MILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY" and the heavier "MILLENNIUM"+"PHOENIX"and the guitarist(TIMO TOLLKI)plays the guitar like no human ever has done before,i listen to it everday and i still hear parts i have never heard before,also included is the title track"INFINITY" which follows along the line of this bands usual,long epic song per album,this cd is a great progression from "DESTINY"and has something for everyone,no matter what kind of metal your into,this is the cd of 2000!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly more commercial but still good power/pomp metal, 2 Nov. 2000
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
A new record label sees another good album from the band with perhaps slightly more commercial appeal and more positive than the darker 'Destiny'. The cover art is by Derek Riggs of Iron Maiden 'Eddie' fame.
Featuring strings, horns, percussion, backing singers and choirs, the band still go in for lavish productions of epic proportions. Unlike 'Destiny', there is more of an attempt at originality and carving out their own sound, although Helloween influences are still present. The Rainbow influence shows on the high speed 'Kill the King' style instrumental break on 'Glory Of The World'.
The bonus CD includes CD-ROM pictures and movies with no instructions, however Jacket01.001j is a jpeg image!, the .mov files contain an interview (poor echoey sound quality) and require QuickTime 3.0 to view.
Highlights: the single and jaunty power metal rocker 'Hunting..' (no relation to the A-Ha song of the same name!); the ballad-based epic 'Mother Gaia' which gets the full production; the Helloween style speed metal rocker 'Freedom' with its guitar/synth fanfare riff and solos; the epic sounding pomp rocker 'Infinity' featuring different paced sections ranging from anthemic riffs with choir & strings, acoustic ballad to speed power metal; the Scorpians-influenced 'Why Are We Here';.
Good though not as impressive as 'Destiny'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-Finnished (Sorry, couldn't resist!), 1 Sept. 2006
ESP (Dudley, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
I purchased this album hard on the heels of 'Elements Part 2' and do not regret it. (See my review of that album). I have not listened to the earlier Stratovarius albums, so I am not in any position to judge the relative merits of their previous material against what is on the 'Infinite' album. But what I hear on this album, I do like (with the same reservations voiced in my other review).

I would guess that if you enjoy melodic power metal and Prog with a bit of a kick, then this will go down quite well. The guitars and keyboards are well-matched with orchestrations that add to the whole, well-produced work. 'Hunting High & Low' gets the whole album off to a great start - it's lively and catchy - while the tracks that follow are sufficiently varied to hold your attention and interest. Not a duff one among them.

If this is still Stratovarius' style, then I think I will be buying more, and I recommend the CD, together with the 'Elements' set. Maybe not the greatest Rock in the world, but still a good listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Metal Masters, 21 July 2002
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
This is power metal at its best, it is also Stratovarious at their best, this is a little known band, and with so little support have made in my opinion the best ever power metal, the guitar riffs are really hardcore, and although the vocals could use some improvement, thats power metal for you. The drums, the guitar riffs and the screaming vocals sum this cd up, buy it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and crystalline, 9 Mar. 2000
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
This album is really very well played and arranged, well singed and all songs are powerful, intense and beautyful, although the texts are somehow a bit naļve. You should get this record if you like speed/melodic metal like Helloween, Queensr˙che, etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Will The Sun Rise?, 22 Mar. 2000
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
Well, I didn't expect to listen to something completely different from Startovarius, I mean a new sound or songs in a new style. I am sure the guys again tried to do what they do best, but it seems that this time things didn't work well. What I expected and I am sure that a lot of you did was something a lot better than this or at least something as good as Destiny-not to mention Visions or Episode,the best power metal record of the 90's. Let's face it, Stratovarius are always following the same song style that made Episode a huge success, but this is not the reason of dissappointment since the following to Episode material was still very good. But, this new record, Infinite, is a sad suprise for a dedicated fan. I think it is not a suprise at all, since the same style - a bit more melodic though-is still present, but it seems like different parts from old songs have come together to create new ones.I thing it is not bad to repeat some good parts of your past,but not the way Stratovarius did in this record.The good songs are restricted to only three:"Hunting High and Low","A Million Light Years Away" and "Neonlight Child", taken from the EP,not a part of the record.The remaining songs are suffering from lack of inspiration in any sense.I am sure that some of you may disagree, but I am talking from the point of view of a dedicated fan and I think this record is not good.The band is at a critical point where they have to deside whether they will continue to be the top Power Metal band or they will be a good part of the history of this beloved music.Saying this, I can ensure you that I will listen to this record again and again, because I cannot stop listening to a Band that has inspired my whole life and because every release from this band is something special for me.In conclusion, if you are a fan of this band, please buy this record and please mail me your comments.If you are a new one, try the old material first. -Message to the Band boys- The new look is very good and stylish.But I prefare the old Denim and Leather.I think the music is the one who requires a new look. And some air...

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy metal, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Infinite (Audio CD)
A lot of people laugh from the style of Stratovarious. Myself, however, don't share this approach.
I do enjoy 'Infinite'. I find it a very good heavy metal album full of melodics and solos which are the essence of this kind of music.
'A Milion Light Years Away', 'Hunting High and Low', 'Millenium' or 'Infinity' are the backbone of this album for me.
Stratovarius follows their path and their music is influenced by the likes of Helloween. If you like this type of noise you will not be dissapointed. I, most definetely, am not.

Infinite (Digipack)
Infinite (Digipack) by Stratovarius (Audio CD - 2002)