4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the KitchenAid fan and keen home chef
KitchenAid attachments are expensive - more than they should be really and the price does put a limit to my investments in KitchenAid products. But ....I do like my KitchenAid and it's gadgets so much!!

Published on 3 April 2011 by Rina

The slicer works okay but traps some vegetables between the drum and the casing, and quite honestly is more trouble than it is worth unless you are slicing a large amount.

The mincer/grinder isn't really up to the job. Okay, but if you only want to do small batches. I found meat easier to mince when it had been cubed and partially frozen.

The price...
Published on 18 Dec 2007 by Juliette

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat handy, but completely overpriced . Fiddly to attach and clean., 18 Dec 2007
This review is from: KitchenAid FPPC Mixer Attachment Pack; Grinder/ Mincer, Slicer/ Shredder, Fruit & Vegetable Strainer (Kitchen & Home)

The price of this set in the UK is absolutely ridiculous. You can buy the identical set on Amazon.com for $99.99 (usually $116.99) which works out 50 / 58. If you have a friend/relative in the US, or are staying there for a couple of weeks you could order one on Amazon.com and get it delivered to your hotel. It will work on the UK machines. 50 is still a lot for the cost of this set, as it not particularly well made and, you would be better off buying a proper metal mincer/grinder and using a knife, a proper slicer, or for the brave, a mandolin.

By the way, the Kitchenaid Artisan is $199 (about 100) on Amazon.com, and can often be purchased from other other US retailers for around $159-$179. The UK price for the same mixer is 325, but unfortunately the US model is 110 volt, so not for our 220-240 power supply. I don't know how Kitchenaid and their distributors can justify over 100% mark-up to ship these to the UK. There's obviously some kind of price fixing going on, but while we continue to buy them at these inflated prices Kitchenaid will keep charging this.

The Kitchenaid Artisan is an excellent mixer, but at 325 are they a status symbol rather than value for money? The attachments are all overpriced. You could buy several good quality non-Kitchenaid appliances that will also last a lifetime for the same price.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit complicated to use, 6 Nov 2007
Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This attachment for the kitchen aid fits onto the front of the mixer. It has several pieces and fittings and is a bit of a chore to fit, and also to clean afterwards. I mainly use ours to mince up cooked meat for rissoles and the like, as well as the onions and other vegetables to go with it and it works well, no problem with fat either.

In contrast to other reviews, I haven't even smelt as much as the oily smell of a burning electric motor, less still have the kitchen aid blow a gasket when using the attachment. Not something I can say of all of our fod processing equipment. I have killed a couple of appliances in the manner described elsewher. As far as I can tell when assembled correctly it works well. I have marked it down because of it's relatively high cost and because it is not so straightforward to assemble it means that we use it a lot less than we might do.

In summary: a useful device that is an effort to use, along with its high cost, this means it is not good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars wish it was sturdier, 20 Feb 2006
C. Clark "shrimplady" (Canterbury, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I tried to mince some pork to make sausages - and I think it was responsible for my KitchenAid to blow a gasket....
You have to remove ALL the fat in any meat as it just gets tangled in the mincer blades, causing the engine to overheat. If you do that, you get no fat in your sausages and it's like eating sawdust! I think I'm better off using my hand cranked 1920's mincer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mincer Blows Mixer !, 9 Dec 2008
C. Hunt (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Having used the mincer attachment on a 250 watt mixer, the mincer blew the motor on the KitchenAid. I guess if you have one of the more powerfull mixers such as the 400 or 600 watt, then it would probably be ok, but don't use this attachment if you only have a 250 watt mixer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the KitchenAid fan and keen home chef, 3 April 2011
Rina (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews

Contrary to other reviewers, I found these attachments easy to use, attach and clean. However, you do have to - by trial and error - test out which cylinder is best to use with different vegs and for different purposes. KitchenAid should supply better instructions, recipe suggestions and examples of different uses of their attachments - especially considering the price. Better instructions and good examples would help and encourage many KitchenAid fans using their KitchenAid mixer to the fullest and - I am sure - bring on many new KitchenAid fans.

In short - these KitchenAid attachments are worth investing in if you are a KitchenAid fan and a keen home chef!

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid FPPC Mixer Attachment Pack; Grinder/ Mincer, Slicer/ Shredder, Fruit & Vegetable Strainer]], 6 Dec 2011
Kitchen-er (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This has got to be one of the best and easiest to use kits that work with any mixer though of course the KitchenAid Artisan is the best constructed and reliable that loads of research let us to.
This easy to attach set of mincers, slicers and shredders and juicers just makes the whole process of cooking a meal a more complete and less expensive project. We can buy the best but cheapest cuts of meats, veggies and fruits and then prepare them for cooking or freezing.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality and easy to clean, 17 Aug 2011
As I read so many reviews that complained about the attachments being too fussy, I waited along time before deciding I would give it a try.
When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised.
I thought it was easy and straigtforward to attach and each time I used the attachment, I rinsed them off right after use and therefore had no problem with cleaning at all.
The results are exactly as I would expect, when grating, slicing etc.
I enjoy using it but I only give it 4 stars due to the very high price which is completely unreasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Heaven, 24 Aug 2013
Ms. Clare Maggs (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
I am really pleased with these attachments, I religiously used my kitchen aid for cakes, bread and general baking but these attachments have meant I know have a fully functioning food processor too with the ability to make coleslaws, burgers from ground meat leftovers and when I get round to it sausages with the addional sausage stuffer I purchased as well! Next on the list is the icecream making kit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars soup veg, rosti, thin cuke, carrot cake, ginger grates, 10 Jan 2014
wanted for a while, tetris kitchen, maximises counter space already taken up with stand mixer. photos don't do justice to size (was worried needlessley that feeder wouldn''t be big enough). sureprisingly reasssuringly well-made, thick, high-quality plastic components. found you tube video how tos useful.