5.0 out of 5 stars Pure genius
King Geedorah is without doubt my favorite MF Doom alter ego.

This album is perfect on so many different levels. It's high concept, it's artwork, the numerous guest stars (especially Mr Fantastic on Anti Matter) and of course the genius rhymes.

Published on 22 July 2012 by K. K. Jakubczyk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but not DOOM's best
Published on 8 April 2010 by M. M. Le Guillois

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure genius, 22 July 2012
K. K. Jakubczyk "Sofa King" (Subversive Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
King Geedorah is without doubt my favorite MF Doom alter ego.

From the opening line, the simple statement "King Geedorah - take me me to your leader!" to the very end, this is a fine piece of work. Funny and politically relevant in equal doses. Standouts include the opening track, Fast Lane (great samples), the high speed dueling between Doom and Mr Fantastic on Anti Matter and the highly emotional I Wonder (you gotta love Hassan Chop's style).

I love this record and would highly recommend it to any curmudgeons who have lost faith in modern hip hop.

5.0 out of 5 stars MF Doom returns as 3 headed space monster, 8 Jun 2003
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
If you like KMD or MF Doom you will like this, the man formerly known as Zev Love X's latest take on hip hop.
And this time he's coming down from outer space to give us an alien view on our world and our hip hop.
It will, of course, be compared to fellow freestyle lyrical genius Kool Keith's Dr Octagon album, but it stands up to these comparisons. Only from a quality perspective though, musically and lyrically they are worlds, quite literally, apart.
If you like hip hop, or just experimental music in general, you will love this. If you think you hate hip hop, because you're used to Jay-Z and P Diddy, buy this and find salvation.
Another overwhelming success for Big Dada, living up to their own high standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking, 27 April 2006
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
This is a truly Groundbreaking CD. Using scifi beats DOOM weaves another masterpiece. The kind of album which grows on you every time you listen to it. This is not for fans of the studio gangster crap. TRUE HIPHOP HEADZ ONLY!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but not DOOM's best, 8 April 2010
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
The 5 staar system is really poor... ideally I would have given this 3 and a half, my reason being that it is not an essential DOOM (or MF Doom, whatever name he goes by nowadays) purchase. Compared to horrible commercialised rap, like what Jay Z and Lil wayne are putting out nowadays, the production lyrics and Dooms sick sense of humour on this album seem incredibly fresh, but next to records like Madvillainy and Viktor Vaughn or even Danger Doom it just doesn't compare. If you have never heard Doom go look those up instead and if you own those there is no need to get this unless you absolutely need to collect every single bit of output of his.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album cover, 11 Oct 2007
T. Bentsen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
I really don't like reviewing other peoples stuff. In my opinion artistes and whoever can do whatever they want to do without me having to pick it apart giving my stupid opinion about it. Once it's made it's out there and my little review won't do a damn difference anyhow. I like listening to music though, and have many times found the reviews here at Amazon helpfull when I want to buy something I don't now beforehand, and I have gotten many good cd's, books and dvd's reading them.

This cd is really great in so many ways. It's not the kind of music I put on and sit down and listen thoroughly to, neither would it be something I would put on and play really loud, its just some really cool, intelligent music which gets better all the time. The beats and samples are always surprising and goes in all kind of unexpected different directions. The lyrics are non-pretentious and somehow kind of lazy and downtempo. I listen to it while cooking and doing other stuff... and it's released on a really cool English label... and the name "Take me to your leader" is totally awesome, I'm really into that whole space thing... and the album cover is the coolest I own. If nothing else you can buy it just to have the cover lying around to impress your friends. Maybe some day you will pick it up and say "guess I will try to listen to this great looking cd", and you will be like "that's a really good cd".

5.0 out of 5 stars YES HE DONE IT AGAIN!, 14 Jan 2004
J. every (bristol, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
zev luv x has done it again, the king of hip-hop has brought another masterpiece out, this is another of his alter-egos with king geedorah being a 500ft tall 3 headed dragon who can only communicate with humans through mf doom(zev luv), sounds crazy but it is genius and the finest hip hop comes out, no bling bling nelly crap , true hip-hop sometimes minimal beats over scrambling lyrics perfect from start to finish, this is for underground true hip hop heads

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Style and Character return to the world Hip Hop, 21 May 2004
Drs a.f. meyer (Berchem, Antwerpen, BE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me To Your Leader (Audio CD)
So it is, a record which really hits you like Massive Attacks Blue lines did in 91', evokes the raw reality of any Lee Perry record, Seemingly simple like any work of genius and altogether as indulging and sublime as the world around us.
It has many moments of greatness whether it be the inventiveness of Anti Matter or the anthemic I Wonder(this needs a clip to complete!)and showcases an extraordinary individuality in todays bland music scene. I can only hope for more and greater surprises, more dub, more sensibility and more space between the sounds. My only criticism therefore is, it is a stones throw from a masterpiece. In the meantime knowing this, will make this record even greater. Unconsciously this great fundament of a record gives you the opportunity to listen and built upon it as you wish. Let your mind do the remixing.

Take Me To Your Leader
Take Me To Your Leader by MF Doom (Audio CD - 2003)