4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Panic
Published on 15 Oct 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps you get prepared.
I was panicking when I heard that I had to do the Hazard Perception in my theory test, I failed the first time round just because of the hazard perception bit so I decided that I needed a helping hand.
This disc helps you get prepared for the test, I helps you understand & know what to expect.
The only thing I was a bit dissapointed with was that on my screen...
Published on 1 Nov 2003 by rachelw2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Panic, 15 Oct 2003
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
I bought this software to prepare for my motorbike test. I've been driving for 17 years but I had no idea what to expect from the hazard perception test (imagine how embarassing failure would be!). It doesn't help that researching the test on the internet can turn up some horror stories such as people failing because they identified hazards too early or clicking on the screen too often. While the developers readily admit that their software isn't exactly the same as the real test, I can tell you that it is close enough. If anything I found it harder to pass the mock tests in this software than the actual test. The best thing about this software is that it takes away any fears you may have concerning the test, and it also gives you an idea of what hazards are likely to come up in various situations. Oh, and I passed my theory test first time with a higher score than I had ever achieved using the software.

4.0 out of 5 stars dirt cheap, and helps you pass, 10 Aug 2004
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
I like this - before buying this from amazon I had taken two theory tests, failing both times on the hazard perception element.
The hazard perception element of the test is a total crock - I cannot believe such a shoddy effort ever made it to be a part of the driving test. Don't be fooled that driving or road experience will get you through this section of the test - they won't, because in my opinion the test itself is a shoddy piece of low grade tat, and I've yet to find anyone who has taken it that disagrees with me.
After failing twice, I decided that the best approach would be the pragmatic one - if the DSA wants me to jump through hoops before they will give me a liscense, then I had better learn to jump through hoops, so given the cost of this it looked a better bet than buying the official one - I really didn't want to give the DSA any more of my money if I could help it. After buying it I used it to practise test technique, as a result of which I passed the test this morning, which for the amount this product costs is a good deal in my book - what more do you want for the money?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Practice, 27 Nov 2004
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
I bought this a couple of weeks ago to prepare for the hazard perception part of the Theory test. Apparently only 1 in 2 people pass the theory test now and I wanted to be the 1 that passed it. At first I found it a little difficult as I wasnt sure if I was suppose to click at all hazards or try to identify the one they were looking for. However as it turns out if you read the insturuction and help section its failrly simple - click when you see a hazard and when it develops. I practiced it for a couple of weeks and had my test. I passed the test first time and although this isnt an official CD ROM its very simmilar to the real thing - I actually found this CD a little harder than the test. I would recommend it to anyone who has the theory test comming up and wants to pass, I found the test a breeze and im sure thats because I had prepared for it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Driving Theory, 8 Aug 2003
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
This 2 cd pack is great value. The clips that they show are actual films, which are simialr to the type shown in the actual driving test. The program is split into practise tests and actual tests. The practise tests consist of 3 video clips, and you have to identify the hazard(s) in the clips. At the end of each clip you get yur score and a chance to review the clip and see where the hazards actually were. At the end of the 3 clips you get to see your score for that section, and therefore see your progress throughout the program.
A good program, definitely recommended to help you pass your hazard percepion test and give you an idea of what you are in for in the real exam

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for the test, 7 Dec 2003
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
It doesn't matter if you agree with how the test is run or not, it doens't matter if you think it's not a hazard, the fact is this simulates what the test is about, so without this CD you would fail. It teaches you what the DVLA is looking for in this clips, and thats what it is designed to do. I found it easy to use, and when set up perfectly for your mahcine, runs great.
Only drawback is the number of clips, even thought it is a lot, you soon get used to the actual clips, and then you know when to click, but i put my theory test pass down to this CD. Great stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone pass without it?, 23 Nov 2003
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
I took my theory test 4 times before finally giving in and buying a disk to help me with the hazard side of things. I had this programme for no more than a week before I took my theory and passed both sections with flying colours!!
If you are a bit confused with the way the hazard test works then no-one or nothing can help you like this disk - it even has a review part where you can see exactly where you should have clicked to get full marks.
Over two years of learning to drive and now I can finally take my practical! Any learner NEEDS this disk if they still are yet to pass there theory!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hazard Perception, 12 Sep 2005
Rose (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
This CD-ROM helped me a lot to pass the hazard perception part of the theory test!! It's very much the same as the real thing. I know they can't guarantee that this CD-ROM is excactly the same, the timing etc. might be slightly different.... but I actually did better on the real test than when I was practicing with this CD-ROM. I felt my reaction time was the same as when I was practicing at home...... The only thing that happened a few times was that the test froze and I had to start some of the tests again.... but that might have just been my PC....

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent!, 8 July 2005
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
After failing my theory test the first time around only on the Hazard perception bit I saw the reviews and bought this-well it is the best investment that I ever made! I got 56 out of 75 on my hazard perception today!
As one reviewer pointed out the clip quality isn't that great but then again neither are the actual test clips! Also these clips seem slightly longer than the test ones, but that isn't a problem at all. The excellent feature is that once you have a go at a clip you can 'review' it and see the clip played out once again and it shows where the hazard begins and ends; it explains what the hazards are more clearly than the DSA's attempt at Hazard perception training material. Also there is a feature where you can take a hazard perception test which is just like the real thing.
I am eternally grateful to the makers of this DVD.
To anyone reading-good luck and don't panic!

4.0 out of 5 stars helped my wife pass so must be good..., 18 Oct 2004
J. Sharp (Swansea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
My wife was freaking out from all the scare monmgers who told her how many people fail the HPT, which is true (her own driving instructor for example). So we got this, ran it on a steam powered 200mhz windows 98, and were pleasantly surprized when it actually worked!
Since all the scenes are around Swansea, where we live, it was great fun playing spot the landmark, but fun and games aside, this really did help her prepare. Identifying the hazards is not hard - the trick is how to indicate that without either being too gung ho, clicking at everything that moves, or waiting too long and getting lower scores. After a while you sense what they want, and it seems to match very closely the DSA's program (it is NOT the same as DSA's, and DSA have not officially sanctioned it) but the developers tell you that right from the start anyway.
They gave some good hints on how to avoid getting failed for "cheating".
We thought it was excellent value for money and good fun, better than Colin mcrae rally!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hazard Perception Twin CD ROM Pack, 26 April 2004
This review is from: Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) (CD-ROM)
A very helpful product. Extremely accurate and similiar in every way tothat produced by the DSA. I found the silding score system simple to use,which enabled gradual improvements to be achieved. It certainly helped meto prepare and gain a significant pass mark. An excellent purchase and oneI'd be happy to recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003)
Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows 2000 / 95 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
5.69