on 25 March 2010
I have three pairs of these and have been delighted with them for late-night listening. Fed from Sony Walkperson radios they produce a wonderful bass-heavy sound for music yet allow speech good intelligibility. They are comfortable enough to allow movement around the pillow. The great advantage of any headset with in-line volume control is that you can remove most of the background noise generated by the radio by turning the radio volume up and regulating it on the headphone VC. Shame they seem to have stopped making them!
on 11 September 2010
To put this in context, I have just spent nine times this amount on a pair of German headphones which will cancel out background noise. The sound on the inexpensive Panasonic headphones is much, much clearer and more true.
on 16 September 2010
I have a fairly serious high tone deafness problem and have adjusted the sound on my computer and TV to maximise the high tones. The sound quality of these inexpensive headphones is very good. Having a proper wheel volume control, and not just three settings, is extremely helpful.
on 29 October 2012
Got these because modern flat screen TV's sound quality is not as good as older models - especially for speech! So rather than have the sound 'up' and anoying other viewers I can set my volume to suit me, and have found that the reception is superior to that produced by the TV itself - more depth!
So in other words I'm delighted with the 'electric hat' (Old RAF expression!) Works and sounds better than a 'wireless' model I tried!
on 5 December 2012
I received this product well ahead of schedule, so top marks to the seller. I am partly deaf in one ear, so don't see much sense in buying expensive headphones. I used to own a wireless headset, but found it awkward and annoying with batteries going flooey in the middle of a film, messing around tuning them in etc.
With that in mind I opted for plug-ins and after some searching decided on these. I find the headset light and comfortable. I was surprised that at this price there is an independent volume control...which was nice.
As far as my damaged hearing can tell, the sound quality is good, no tinniness or echoing (except that provided by my ears!).

Overall, a decent, inexpensive set of earphones, 'Does what it says on the tin' (to plagiarise a phrase). Very pleased.
on 17 December 2010
Sound quality good. 5M cord ideal for tv listening. Comfortable to wear. Head adjustment reasonable for adult head. Price modest, for what seems to be a well-designed and manufactured product.
on 24 March 2013
These headphones have been around for a few years - have had them before and I'm glad to see them again. In my opinion I prefer the clarity of sound in these to the current trend for maximum bass in modern headphones, which has led to what I would describe as a rather 'dead' sound quality. I've just bought two of these - hope they are around in the future.
on 28 November 2011
Very impressed with these Panasonic HT090E-H Lightweight Headphones. Very lightweight and comfortable to wear and at a very reasonable price too. Also a nice long 5m cord. Arrived well within the quoted time limit.
on 26 February 2015
First impression, excellent, bought two pairs as if you're both watching TV, then it's necessary for you both to plug in.
My husbands is still working fine. However after only 2 days wear and no trauma to my set or its cord, the right ear piece has stopped transmission.
Amazon have refunded which is very good and I've ordered another set. The sound quality is excellent though, our Samsung TV speakers are underneath the TV and absolutely rubbish so yes all in all a good cheap buy. Previously bought cordless headsets, which are very heavy indeed and make my headache and sweat, they also cost around £80 per set and need rechargeable batteries too. So jobs a good 'un top drawer.
Wouldn't buy another Samsung TV though sound quality is far from acceptable, especially dialog on films.
on 29 February 2012
I bought these to use with TV because I am completely deaf in one ear and have reduced hearing in the other - the aftermath of a brain tumour. These are excellent headphones. With the volume control on the 'phones turned up and the TV volume kept down the sound is clear and there is no untoward background hiss. The 5m cable means I can keep the 'phones plugged into the TV and have them sitting on a table beside my usual chair when not in use. I have a large head and often have trouble finding things like hats etc to fit me but these fit comfortably on the second last adjustment click setting. Good product and good value.