Format: Audio CDChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 September 2008
you were to do decades of research on EEG patterns of yogis, swamis, and healers, understand those patterns, you might find common patterns for people engaged in creating, problem solving, learning, healing, memorizing and meditating.

People in that state of consciousness are using a specific combination of beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta brainwave patterns.

If you were to use entrainment to create sound pulses and music to recreate those exact same EEG patterns in normal individuals, a feeling of lucid awareness, you might create something worthwile.

Or, you could save yourself time and energy, because using the EEG research of C. Maxwell Cade, Jeffrey Thompson has already done it. For the price of a CD you can get the pioneering benefit of all this amazing technology.

According to the sleeve notes with the CD there are fifteen different layers of brainwave entrainment sounds used to create the awakened mind pattern.

I do find this CD very mentally stimulating, creating all sorts of mental imagery and very relaxing. This is definitely one of my favorite CD's. I also use some of Jeffrey's other CD's for very specific purposes.

This type of CD also uses subaudible binaural beats in the soundtrack. How this works is that if a frequency of say 100 Hz goes in your left ear, and 105 Hz goes in your right ear, then both sides of your brain reconcile this by creating a third 5 Hz brainwave, which would be in the Theta range associated with creativity and a trance state. This also creates new neural pathways in the brain enabling you to access this desired state more easily in the future, and also induces synchronicity between both sides of your brain. With fifteen different levels of entrainment on this CD, you can imagine how beneficial this could be.

As you consider this CD you may feel it could benefit you. If you do then you should get it now. Why wait?

I hope you find this review helpful.
33 comments31 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2010
I downloaded the mp3s for this album on someone's recommendation and meditated for sometime. I have to say it has been quite effective in helping me meditate and feel less stressful or sometimes no stress at all. It seems to be working well for me. I have tried something else as well and it seemed more effective than this meditation album. It was LifeFlow meditation, even a 14 minute trial of it was good and I felt great after it.

I am still noticing the effect of this CD and feel a lot relaxed, happier. Always have a smile on my face and attract lots of attention anywhere I go. So, it is definitely working, but I am also using the other trial meditation mp3 in conjunction occassionally though.

I have also experienced meditation videos on youtube, and they also seemed to help. All in all, definite recommendation to buy this product, it works, but you must have patience for the seeds that you have sown will take time to become plants and give you fruits.
on 9 November 2012
I have bought quite a few CDs from Steven Halpern. I find all his CDs extremely irritating, to the point that I do not listen to them anymore.
I decided to try Dr Jeffrey Thompson's work. What a difference! I have been looking for a long time for this type of quality. I love the AWAKENED MIND SYSTEM to the point that I just bought the version 2.0.Awakened Mind System
on 24 December 2014
This from the Center of Neuroacoustic Research:

"Thanks for your interest in Dr. Thompson fantastic audio programs. They are great! And thanks for your inquiry, also.

Due to the complexity of Dr. Thompson' work, we do not recommend using mp3 or mp4 compression. If you download at the highest quality and as a wav file, you may be fine. We believe too much is lost from Dr Thompson's work due to the scientific formula he uses and the logarithms of the iPod / mp3 players, etc.

Again, CNR does not recommend mp3 or mp4 downloads for full benefit. Yes, many sites offer his work as mp3s through a distributing company and to whom many of CNR's audio programs were licensed before mp3 technology was known."

Conclusion:
Should Amazon be selling this or any binaural CDs in their mp3 store?
Doesn't seem as if they should.

Have now ordered the original CD (from Amazon) to then rip with iTunes's 'AIFF Encoder' setting.
A would like a refund from Amazon for this mp3 version.
on 15 August 2011
This product is well worth the excellent claims made by others - it is very condusive to opening up a vista of awareness.
on 20 November 2014
Love it.. I only need it for 20 mins to help me zone in and access deep thinking or work ethic.