5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Power
Every track brings back memories. This is an album which has been well thought of.There is a mixture of rock ballads from the 70's up until the '0' ies.
Published on 7 Jun. 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Although a fantastic CD as I have had this one before. The item came in a CD case that I was unable to open. I have to break the case to get the cd out as it had melted together somehow. The cd was scratched and jumped on a number if tracks. Really disappointed.
Published 9 months ago by james williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Power, 7 Jun. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Power Ballads: The Greatest Driving Anthems in the World... Ever! (Audio CD)
My fave is BECAUSE THE NIGHT by Patti Smith Group. Okay you might not of heard of the group but the track is gutsy and in my view makes the hairs on your back stand up. I can't say I have a least favourite as each and indivual track is great.
Not an album to be listened to quietly.
The eighties feature heavily through the album i.e groups like Foreigner,Huey Lewis,Heart and Whitesnake but for me that was the eighties, the decade of soft metal and not so soft ballads!!
My childhood.
This is definately an album which will be played over and over again in my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure, Powerful Perfection!, 18 Jun. 2004
Ricardo Vause (Tugby, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Power Ballads.
These are the songs that everybody from 8-80 know.
This CD is filled with 39 fantastic hits! They are all classics and when their emotion enter your ear it is almost compulsary to sing along!
The CD has all the great power ballads from the past such as Meat Loaf's "I'd do anything for love (but i won't do that" and also has the more recent, but still as good, ballads such as Chad Kroegar's "Hero".
I urge you to purchase this Cd as you eill have hours of singing your heart out.
MUSIC GREATS!
Adios!

4.0 out of 5 stars real modern day anthems........., 17 Jun. 2007
this album packs in 39 tracks of real passion and, er, power! In other words, it does what it says on the tin.

To my mind, there are no duds or filler tracks at all, and only a couple do not measure up to the rest. There is a nice range of stuff, with the biggest focus on soft rock,and I would recommend this as great background music at a party, or for driving. Me, I play it at home and think its great

Most of these songs do not age, or bring back great memories.

What are you waiting for.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 17 Dec. 2003
By A Customer
I thought this CD was absolutly brilliant. I listen to it full blast as you cannot play it quietly. You cannot help but sing along to the tracks as they are so good. They certainly make you feel good and a bad day. Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Belt 'em out as you drive along!, 10 Jun. 2003
By A Customer
What a CD! All my favourites from Whitesnake to Meatloaf. Fab for long drives - prepare to have a sore throat from belting out song after song at the top of your voice! From hellraisers to pure melodrama it's got the lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Driving Music, 20 Jun. 2004
If you like music that will keep you entertained on the M4 then this is definately the album for you. But if you don't drive and spend most of your music listening time indoors leave it where it is. Your neighbours will soon hate you, and you will bore of it quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Ballads, 4 Aug. 2009
Mr. John Mitchell (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent service, received on time and well packaged. CD itself is very good easy listening of some of the best ballads of all time. Very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK-ish..., 18 July 2004
Mr. M. N. Kelly "martinnkelly" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This was one of the Cds I had in the car over the holiday of last year. My family enjoyed but I didn't up to a point... only Poison's 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn's inclusion persuaded me to nick it [and even THAT was edited, can't these guys leave the tracks as they are].
This is one for driving down the M25. My advice is, ignore the fact that they've had to edit some of the tracks and make them all fit [I dread to hear what tracks they had to cut down to size on PB 2], and just enjoy it. I only wish they'd opened with Queen and not Chad Kroger...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful stuff, 29 Aug. 2012
Wow! What a collection of songs. My mum got me this for my half birthday last year and I just can't get enough of it. Have been listening to it non-stop ever since. And not just while on the road; in the shower, out power walking and even when i'm just kotching and having a bit of me time. I love this album. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power ballads, 29 Jun. 2013
This deserves 5 stars as it has alot of good artists on this album and goes back a few years makes you remember what you were doing in that year with all the different artist it makes a difference to the alblum some of the artists you dont hear of now , I would well recommend this alblum , great for the car Anne

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›