Size: ONEColour: SilverChange
Price:£16.99+ Free shipping

on 10 January 2007
It is silent. Sure, the backlight makes a hum when activated... but since my daughter threw my son's clock across the room the backlight hasn't worked anyway! I spent ages looking for an analog clock that wouldn't tick - so my son could see the time in the morning but not have the ticking stop him getting to sleep. This does the job perfectly.
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2006
The previous reviewer said that the sweeping second arm did make a noise - it must have been faulty as mine IS silent (unless you put it right up to your ear!). It is certainly not audible in a quiet room. The backlighter does make a whirring sound when activated, but as I don't use this function, it's not a problem. The face is very clear and easy to see, even when I haven't my contact lenses in. Overall, this product has been very successful for me.
0Comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 11 March 2010
Good value clock. Silent operation with the sweeper second hand an absolute essential for me as I am hugely sensitive to clocks ticking. Recommended.

Super Amazon delivery as usual.
on 1 January 2007
I like an alarm clock to be as unobtrusive as possible (except when it's trying to wake me up!). This one fits the bill. It's quiet and lights up only when you turn on the effective backlight, and it's not unattractive. I couldn't find anything to match it at the price. A choice of colours would have gained it the fifth star.
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 March 2010
It has no ticking sound and I can snooze as many times as I want, not too big and not too small...I'm really happy with this clock.
on 10 April 2010
Having read previous reviews on line about this clock, I was dubious about placing an order, but I am pleased I did, as it has far exceeded my expectations in 'quietness.' All previous alarms clocks I had, used to drive me to distraction, with its infernal ticking. A good buy by all accounts.
on 18 December 2010
Somewhere, sometime the company has read the reviews of a few years or so ago and EVERY problem this clock could have had has been taken care of!! It is completely SILENT. Do you want to see the time in the dark? Well you have your choice just to click it in the middle of the night and see it or you can leave it on all night. If you're blind or you don't want to turn your light on you can tell which switch is which by the difference in the switch. Alarm is easy to just flick up or down. Snooze is on top of the clock and it will continually give you extra minutes (same button to see night time reading). Setting clock and time are two completely different looking and feeling buttons. Clock is loud enough to wake you up but not so loud as to disturb others in the house. I slept right through the last clock I had. I NEVER have written a review before but every night/morning I think 'what a sad life I have that I enjoy this clock so much'!! It's really great. I'm thinking of purchasing a spare as I don't want to be without it.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2007
This Alarm is so quite when you want it to be and loud enough when you need it.
The sweeping motion of the second hand is silent.
In a morning it wake you with a quiet beep beep, then a tad louder then a bit louder.
So you get a chance not to be rudely awoken.
Much better sleep down to this gadget!
0Comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2011
I am very sensitive to noise while i am trying to fall asleep. I was very excited by the prospect of an alarm clock with no ticking noise. I was disappointed because instead of the ticking i can hear a chugging sound. The noise is less than the usual ticking sound but it is not silent and the green light that it emits is also distracting.So I normally turn the clock around, which helps also to quieten the chugging or i put it on the floor. If anyone know of a clock that is completely silent , let me know.
on 1 June 2010
I ordered this item on the specification that it has a 'silent tick' but this is certainly not the case. while it's true that there's no traditional 'tick...tock', instead you get a much more rapid 'tick,tick,tick,tick'. i wouldn't say i have extraordinary hearing but this is audible from the other side of the room. think i'll be getting a digital clock intead!