5.0 out of 5 stars Works With 4776
Published on 18 Aug 2010 by Lester Anorak

3.0 out of 5 stars It is lotads cheaper than Boots, but is it as good?
Published on 19 Nov 2010 by NealeG

5.0 out of 5 stars Works With 4776, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Braun Replacement Foil and Cutter - SyncroPro, Syncro, TriControl - 7000/4000 Series (Personal Care)
Just thought it worth adding to the other reviews, which I agree with, that this pack will work perfectly with the Braun 4776 shaver, which is itemised in the compatibility list. The new foil has a black surround, rather than the silver of the original, slightly differently shaped and the bottom piece of the cutter base is orange rather than black. These things made me wonder whether I should press the 'buy' button and I spent a long time trying to compare my shaver to the picture to be sure all would be OK. In fact, the replacement fits fine and is actually an upgrade, because the foil pattern is different and better, possibly also the cutters, allowing me a more comfortable and close shave than I got with the original. On that basis, it has to be 5 stars - oh, and its pretty reasonably priced,too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is lotads cheaper than Boots, but is it as good?, 19 Nov 2010
They were about half the price of the ones in Boots so I bought 2. Now about 3 months later they don't feel much different to the one that I replaced, which I had used for 18 months. So I am left wondering if they are as good and I am unsure. I fully expected that they would stay sharper for much longer. So now I am also using my razer blade to do a bit of tidying up therefore defeating the purpose of using an electric shaver. And I do not have a heavy growth.

I will not go back to Braun again, their full price for replacement parts are such a rip-off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 30 Oct 2009
L Dujols - See all my reviews
Because you need to buy the same brand accessories when they wear out, it's a little bit like print cartridges and video games. It's a little abusive on the consumer as there is a monopoly and prices have a tendency to go only one way: up.
But thanks to amazon, prices stay low on some articles and you have to take advantage of it.

About the product itself. It's what you would expect. about the 18 month lifespan, I actually don't monitor it but it might not be that accurate. I guess it depends how often you clean it and if you clean it by rattling the whole mechanism inside that must damage the grill obviously. So be careful with that technique and keep the shaver away from the shower steam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing the difference it makes, 2 Dec 2009
I've had the old foil and blades on my Braun shaver for a good deal longer than recommended, and it was obviously struggling a bit. I thought replacing these would make the shave feel 'sharper', just like when you replace the razor blade on the good old wet razors and I'd probably feel like I'd been flayed alive. What it does do however is let the razor glide smoothly across the skin, without having to revisit parts of my face half a dozen times with some force to get something approaching a shave. It even sounds different, I suppose because it is cutting the bristles with less effort.
If you haven't changed the foil and cutter for quite some time, I can recommend replacing them.
And as an added bonus it is a good deal cheaper than buying them on the high-street.

3.0 out of 5 stars works as expected, 6 Oct 2009
V. Navale (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
product is as expected gives new lease of life to my old braun shaver. the saver delivery from amazon was extremely slow took about 3-4 weeks. No problems with the foil fits perfectly with my old shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know what I was missing, 24 Jun 2005
Darren (Flint, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I didn't realise my shaver was performing so badly until I purcahsed this item. Get a quicker, cleaner and neater shave immediately by replacing your foil and blade. Feels great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Braun foil and cutter, 23 Jan 2012
Excellent value for genuine Braun product! Around half price! This is the third or fourth time I've purchased this foil and cutter combo. Just a really good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 12 Jan 2012
Thought my razor, a Braun 7680, wasn't shaving me too well; so I bought these new blades and foil, thinking if they're no good I'll just buy a new razor. Very pleased; it's like having a new razor, must do this more regularly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference, 24 Jun 2005
Darren (Flint, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
You won't believe what you are missing until you try this item. Makes for a quicker and closer shave immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you expect., 14 April 2009
What can you say about a replacement foil and cutter? It does its job spot on, nothing more nothing less.

So if you own a shaver that is compatible and your foil or cutter are not doing their job anymore, buy this. If you don't then don't. It really is that simple.