5.0 out of 5 stars Works With 4776
Published on 18 Aug. 2010 by Lester Anorak

3.0 out of 5 stars It is lotads cheaper than Boots, but is it as good?
Published on 19 Nov. 2010 by NealeG

5.0 out of 5 stars Works With 4776, 18 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Braun Replacement Foil and Cutter - SyncroPro, Syncro, TriControl - 7000/4000 Series (Personal Care)
Just thought it worth adding to the other reviews, which I agree with, that this pack will work perfectly with the Braun 4776 shaver, which is itemised in the compatibility list. The new foil has a black surround, rather than the silver of the original, slightly differently shaped and the bottom piece of the cutter base is orange rather than black. These things made me wonder whether I should press the 'buy' button and I spent a long time trying to compare my shaver to the picture to be sure all would be OK. In fact, the replacement fits fine and is actually an upgrade, because the foil pattern is different and better, possibly also the cutters, allowing me a more comfortable and close shave than I got with the original. On that basis, it has to be 5 stars - oh, and its pretty reasonably priced,too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is lotads cheaper than Boots, but is it as good?, 19 Nov. 2010
They were about half the price of the ones in Boots so I bought 2. Now about 3 months later they don't feel much different to the one that I replaced, which I had used for 18 months. So I am left wondering if they are as good and I am unsure. I fully expected that they would stay sharper for much longer. So now I am also using my razer blade to do a bit of tidying up therefore defeating the purpose of using an electric shaver. And I do not have a heavy growth.

I will not go back to Braun again, their full price for replacement parts are such a rip-off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing the difference it makes, 2 Dec. 2009
Mr BD - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've had the old foil and blades on my Braun shaver for a good deal longer than recommended, and it was obviously struggling a bit. I thought replacing these would make the shave feel 'sharper', just like when you replace the razor blade on the good old wet razors and I'd probably feel like I'd been flayed alive. What it does do however is let the razor glide smoothly across the skin, without having to revisit parts of my face half a dozen times with some force to get something approaching a shave. It even sounds different, I suppose because it is cutting the bristles with less effort.
If you haven't changed the foil and cutter for quite some time, I can recommend replacing them.
And as an added bonus it is a good deal cheaper than buying them on the high-street.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 30 Oct. 2009
L Dujols - See all my reviews
Because you need to buy the same brand accessories when they wear out, it's a little bit like print cartridges and video games. It's a little abusive on the consumer as there is a monopoly and prices have a tendency to go only one way: up.
But thanks to amazon, prices stay low on some articles and you have to take advantage of it.

About the product itself. It's what you would expect. about the 18 month lifespan, I actually don't monitor it but it might not be that accurate. I guess it depends how often you clean it and if you clean it by rattling the whole mechanism inside that must damage the grill obviously. So be careful with that technique and keep the shaver away from the shower steam.

3.0 out of 5 stars works as expected, 6 Oct. 2009
V. Navale (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
product is as expected gives new lease of life to my old braun shaver. the saver delivery from amazon was extremely slow took about 3-4 weeks. No problems with the foil fits perfectly with my old shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know what I was missing, 24 Jun. 2005
Darren (Flint, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I didn't realise my shaver was performing so badly until I purcahsed this item. Get a quicker, cleaner and neater shave immediately by replacing your foil and blade. Feels great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Braun foil and cutter, 23 Jan. 2012
Excellent value for genuine Braun product! Around half price! This is the third or fourth time I've purchased this foil and cutter combo. Just a really good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaver foil and cutter, 27 Nov. 2012
I must admit I had misgivings about buying these replacements for my razor.Would they fit,how do I return them etc. When the package arrived I was still unsure as both the foil and the cutter were different in appearance to the originals.However they snapped into place no trouble and gave me a better shave than I had been getting which proved I had been right in changing these parts.Thanks Braun and Amazon for a good service.
Happy Bunny from Tunbridge Wells

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as original, 16 Aug. 2012
I have a Braun tricontrol 4775 shaver which I've always been very happy with. It may be 8 years old but the battery is still fine and it gives a closer shave than other brands I've tried in the past. So I thought I'd keep it and replace the foil/blade (again).

Although this new foil/blade fits fine, both foil and blade have a different design from the original ones. The foil has the new diamond patterns of the new range of shavers, the middle cutter is of a different design and the blades are also a different design. And most importantly of all it doesn't give such a close shave as the original. It passes over the skin very smoothly and is a bit quieter but that's no good if the shave isn't as close.

I've gone back to my old foil/blades for now which despite being old and blunt give a closer shave. I suppose I'll have to try out another brand of shaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference, 24 Jun. 2005
Darren (Flint, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
You won't believe what you are missing until you try this item. Makes for a quicker and closer shave immediately.