5.0 out of 5 stars This musical soundtrack will blow your mind!!
Published on 13 Dec 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Queen?
Not what I expected which is a real shame however some songs are brilliant and so it was worth buying just for those.
Published 15 months ago by Kazzine

5.0 out of 5 stars This musical soundtrack will blow your mind!!, 13 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
What can i say? I saw WWRY at the Dominion Theatre a month ago and ordered this CD as soon as i got home because i was blown away by every aspect of the show, but especially by the songs in it and the actors who sang them. Without a doubt, Tony Vincent (Galileo) and Hannah Jane Fox (Scaramouche) have the best voices i have ever heard. It is worth buying the CD just to here them singing some classic Queen hits, namely 'Under Pressure','Who wants to live forever' and 'Hammer to fall'. They have so much energy and musical/technical ability - they 'feel' the music, if that makes sense! They never once hit a wrong note and they have so much emotion in their voices. The both have an extremely wide vocal range and their harmonies will send shivers down your spine!
Kerry Ellis who plays 'Meat' is also brilliant. She sings a lovely rendition of 'No one but you (Only the good die young)' which moved me to tears when watching the show and it comes across just as well on the CD. My favourite songs that the chorus sing are 'Radio Ga Ga' and 'One Vision'. The words have been altered slightly, to bring the songs up to date so they fit into the story. These songs are really powerful and the harmonies make a big impact.
I like the fact that it was recorded live so the cheering and clapping from the enthusiastic audience makes you feel more involved and you can imagine you are actually there.
To sum up just how amazing this soundtrack is, it has not moved from my CD player for 4 weeks and i'm still not bored of listening to it over and over again.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel so good..., 19 Nov 2004
Vicky Hawke (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
I have watched this musical many times, which is funny because apart from We Will Rock You I have never seen a show or a concert more than once, let alone 5 times.
The show, and the music of the CD (which trasports you back to the electric atmosphere and enthusiasm of the audience) makes you feel damn good to be alive. You get to follow the brilliant plot through the lyrics of Queen.
Writer Ben Elton looked into the future into a world where Pop Idol and the like have destroyed real music, music made out of love. Everything is electronic and real instruments have not only been destroyed, attempting to make one and use it is illegal. Galileo Figaro, a misfit, dreams of words like "I want to break free" and "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" and sees visions of masses of people singing, clapping and making huge noise. He has no clue where all this is coming from, until he meets Scaramouche and his heart starts to talk to him... He then meets "The Bohemians", outlaws in search of a leader to lead the world back to musical freedom.
But how will they do it with no real instruments left on the planet and police breathing down their neck?
Follow their journey through the music of Queen, and allow yourself to be transported to the past, back when love and genuine talent ruled music. Feel *passion* and *individuality* triumph, feel *hope* that this world is not steadily losing every value that matters. Dance around, sing along... and remember Freddie.
Enjoy x

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen Comes of Age, 31 May 2003
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
For years various artists have tried to cover the songs of Queen with varied success. From the mildly good to the plain awful, these covers have never been able to capture the true magic and life with which Queen presented their songs. That is until now.
We Will Rock You is a smash hit West End Musical currently showing at the Dominion Theatre in London. Having seen the musical twice myself I have to say that it is outstanding in it's presentation and choreoraphy. The only thing that lets it down is it's script and general plot which I won't go into here! The performance of the songs in the musical is nothing short of outstanding, and this CD captures the cast at their best.
All the favorites are here: "Radio Ga Ga" and "One Vision" are brought into the 21st centuary in brilliant new arragenments performed by the WWRY ensemble whereas "I want to Break Free", "Hammer to fall" and "Under Pressure" are performed by the musical's two leads: the magnificent Tony Vincent and Hannah Jane Fox. A touching rendition of "Only the Good die Young" is included and "Who wants to live forever" is faithfully rendered in an arrangement which far surpasses the original.
WWRY is, in effect, updating the Queen songs for a new millenium. While (due to the fact that Brain May and Roger Taylor wrote these new arrangements) the basic fabric of the songs has not been changed, they have been brought very much up to date with the new life breathed into them by this musical.
This is very much a CD of the highest caliber which contains all the magic of the original Queen songs while presenting them in a new light. This is Queen at it's best and is a must for any Queen fan. But it's also a new side of Queen, and I can't think of any person alive who won't like these fast, catchy and fun renditions of the songs.
Stop reading the reviews and buy it now!! You won'tbe dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO GOOD FOR ANY RATINGs, 16 Mar 2004
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
I'm not going to try and sell this disc to you, but only say a few things about it.
If your not that intrested, dont buy it.
If you love queen, like queen or just tap your feet to their beats, buy this cd.
The musical captures the love and sincerity in each and every song. Me, I've seen the musical 5 times, and watching it again in a week and a half on the 25th March. I have spent well over 300 in front row and box tickets.
I haven't wasted a penny of that money, this cd is a bargain, bag it. You will ot be able to stop listening to it.
I bought this cd straight away when i got back from the theatre the first time i saw it. And it has only left my cd player once, for a week, and i got the cd christmas 2002.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-live the experience, 22 July 2003
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
Having been to the show last weekend (19/07/03) and still on a high from it, I wanted to to get the live soundtrack. I've played it non-stop since. I recommend going to the show and then buying this CD. It will help keep the memory of being at this great musical fresh in your mind. It plays some of the narrative from the show before the tracks start which adds to the enjoyment of listening to it. To be honest I think you need to have seen the show to fully enjoy this CD as some of Queens lyrics have been changed. So go to the show and buy the CD!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable, Unmissable, Unforgettable, 29 Jun 2003
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
The new "Rock Theatrical," by Ben Elton and Queen, has taken the London Westend by storm, after having opened in April 2002. After having been to see the show myself, i found that the live cast recording was one of the best ways to keep the atmosphere in the auditorium alive in your mind. This superb collection of tracks, specially harmonised and altered for the show by Brian May and Roger Taylor sound fantastic for the simple fact that the entire cast give it their all, bringing a new leese of life to the original tracks sung by the original Queen. For those who have not yet seen the show, the soundtrack may give away a few clues to the storyline, however, this is a definite must for all Queen fans, the best sort of music to put on when you feel like bouncing round your bedroom.
Recommended to almost anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen blasts into the 21st Centuary, 22 Jun 2003
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
Stop reading the reviews and buy it now!! You won'tbe dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Show Ever!, 3 Jan 2006
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
After seeing the We Will Rock You Show At The Dominion Theatre.
I could not wait to Buy this CD.
It was the BEST show i have ever seen it was so modern and had so much energy in it.
The Actors were great tand just listening to the CD brings it all back.
The Best Live Album You Can Buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We Will Rock You ForEver!, 21 Dec 2005
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
I went to see this show live in London in November and I swear, I was astonished by how entertaining and fantastic it was! The sounds and music had the crowd on their feet all the way through the show dancing and singing. My teachers were dancing on the row infront as we were all clapping and singing too. It was fantastic! Lights, Screens, Music and Queen in one show! Its the best! It beats Jerry Springer The Opera anyday. We also went to see Billy Elliot and I would recommend that CD too when it comes out in February!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 4 Nov 2003
This review is from: We Will Rock You: Cast Album (Audio CD)
Been waiting for this cd to be released ever since seeing the show 3 months ago , and i have to say , it was worth the wait.
Very well recorded with all the feel of being in the theatre.
Lovers of the show or queen, or BOTH, will love this CD, i challenge you not to sing along:-)

We Will Rock You: Cast Album
We Will Rock You: Cast Album by Ben Elton (Audio CD - 2003)