4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money

3.0 out of 5 stars TEENYBOP FASCINATION
Published on 17 May 2003 by Pieter Uys

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 31 May 2003
This review is from: Rock Me Baby (Audio CD)
For any Cassidy fan slowly replacing LPs with CDs this is a must. What great value. Certainly not the best of Cassidy but if you lived through the era it will be a CD you've just got to have. I hadn't heard it for so many years. When I played it all the memories of the time came flooding back - still get shivers up my spine when I hear 'Go Now'- his voice is excellent and the cover of it brilliant. 'How can I be sure' is as good, if not better than the Dusty Springfield version and all in all I am so pleased so be able to add this to my CD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Rock Me Baby (Audio CD)
I have looked for ages for David's orginal music on CD. Listening to this CD made me feel 14 again and brought back many memories of my teenage years. For any D C fans this CD is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and him, 7 July 2014
Love it and him

5.0 out of 5 stars his voice live on, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Rock Me Baby (Audio CD)
i would recomend young people lisson to a grait tallent of the70s.great music still modern after all thi time,class act

4.0 out of 5 stars great blast from the past, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rock Me Baby (Audio CD)
i heard this again after many years when it was used in Life on mars. it was stunning, it takes you right back to the seventies in an instant. magic. had to get it as i was too young at the time to really appreciate it

3.0 out of 5 stars TEENYBOP FASCINATION, 17 May 2003
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rock Me Baby (Audio CD)
I confess – as a kid I loved David Cassidy in the days before I discovered Leonard Cohen. Of course I also thought The Partridge Family were a hot band. I think that of these songs, Rock Me Baby, Go Now and How Can I Be Sure were all hits. But I much prefer Soft As A Summer Shower, a truly beautiful atmospheric love song with great imagery. David had some catchy songs but over a whole album’s length, his music is not that engaging. I think The Partridge Family albums are a bit better as their catchy songs had more of a pop sensibility than David’s often cumbersome ballads. I’m giving the album 3 stars for old time’s sake.

Rock Me Baby
Rock Me Baby by David Cassidy (Audio CD - 2003)