5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 7 Mar 2005
This review is from: KitchenAid Artisan KSM150BGR Stand Mixer Grey (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought a food processor just over a year ago, and wore it into the ground.... it broke twice during that time and just didn't seem up to heavy duty domestic use. We cook every day and bake lots too, so after the food processor broke for the second time I took it back, got my money back and did some research. I bought the KitchenAid because it is a solid traditional mixer and reminded me of early cooking days with my Mum's Kenwood Chef. However, it also oozes style and well, if its good enough for Nigella its good enough for me! It can do almost anything, but I also bought a Braun hand blender thingy which liquidizes and chops for the bits that this machine can't do, although you can buy chopper attachments etc if you want to, and you also get a decent proper cookbook sent back to you when you send in your guarantee card.
This machine is heavy, solid and seriously good. It whips loads of air into cakes and meringue, makes surprisingly good pastry and the texture of the bread is fantastic. It doesn't make heavy weather of anything, just watch your back as you lift it out of the box and onto your work surface, this is one heavy mean machine! If you can, buy it, you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Design Classic, 26 Jun 2006
Siobhan Fitzgerald (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't let Nigella Lawson's recommendations and this machines subsequent fashionability put you off! My mother got one of these as a wedding present and it happily lasted 25 years of HEAVY use. Other mixers may be cheaper but none are as reliable or as good looking as the Kitchen Aid. A design classic that is easy to use, clean and operate. I've used mine for bread and meringues and LOVE it. My mum used to make mince meat and all KINDS of stuff with hers. I am happily looking forward to experimenting with mine! I can happily recommend it to anyone considering a serious bit of investment in their kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit, 12 Dec 2006
I bought this for my wife last year for Xmas. She loves it (or so she tells me!). The only problem with it was the white paint on the beater attachment began to chip. We called KitchenAid and they put a new one in the post, no quibbles, no fuss, great service.

It's a pretty chunky piece of equipment so I'd reccommend having somewhere it can be left out, my wife finds it's pretty heavy to carry in and out of the larder every time she wants to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cakes, 18 Sep 2003
i have many friends using it .it is great to have it.it makes cooking much more easier.