Size: 6 Pack|Change

on 21 November 2013
I have been using Brita filters for years and was particularly miffed when I needed to re-stock on cartridges and discovered they had changed the shape of the jug and therefore the filter. Typical - another instance of 'forcing' the customer to buy a complete new kit. There were some universal filters on the shelves which I tried and noticed very soon that the water wasn't tasting right. So I decided to take a look on Amazon on the off-chance that I could buy the old type filters, and there they were.
I'm very pleased and hope that Amazon will be able to continue stocking them.
Our tap water has a strong taste of chlorine. Since using these water filter cartridges I haven't noticed it so I have to conclude that they work. Tap water is now pleasant to drink - and much cheaper than bottled water!
on 21 October 2013
We have had a Brita filter jug for many years. The classic cartridges seem to be getting less commonly available and the price has risen quite sharply in recent years when buying them at a supermarket. It would appear that there is some move to try and persuade people to throw away the old jugs and buy a new one that takes MAXTRA system. Whilst the new ones may have some advantages, one would be hard pressed to really notice them, all have some limitations. Certainly in a soft water area such as where I live and the fairly small amount of cold filtered water I need, the difference seems to be not worth the outlay and best advice is to replace regularly.. It was good to see that a pack of 6 'classic' type can still be obtained at a fairly reasonable price.
on 2 December 2011
Delivery:
No issues with the delivery of this item,
everything was ordered & delivered within
seven working days as stated by amazon.

Description/In-use:
These Brita Classic water refill cartridges are,
the exact same as you would get in any high
street store.They come in the same box with
the same product info too.
Of course been that they are originals,these
cartridges preform with the high standards
you would expect from Brita.
Once the cartridge has been properly prep for
use,when they are placed in your jug they fit,
firmly & true.
Yes water does taste,smell & even look quite
different,mostly on the taste side of things.
Lime scale is also great reduced,meaning you
are not having to clean items that use the
filtered water as much &,more importantly,your
NOT drinking the lime scale,which must be better
for us!

Sum-up:
Good product,good/great price,five stars.
RECOMMENDED.

Thank You For Reading.
on 3 November 2009
The cartridges work well and remove the taste of chlorine that we have in our tapwater. Brita advise changing every month, they would, because they would sell more cartridges. The life of the cartridge depends entirely on your usage. We use the same cartridge for 6 months.
on 15 May 2011
My branch of Tesco supermarket in St. Austell, Cornwall has not supplied this shape of cartridge for weeks and I was pleased to see Amazon were still supplying this shape of cartridge to put into my Brita water container.
on 7 August 2010
I really think that britta is the best.The items arrived very quick and they are perfect, I enjoy drinking water from my britta water filter.Probably you will not find britta filters elsewhere at such a reasonable price.
on 6 June 2011
As a regular purchaser of this item I can't recommend it high enough.
These are the real Macoy, but this is the lowest price I have found (including delivery).
Don't bother looking anywhere else, just buy them here.
on 30 June 2010
Checked these in other places and couldnt find em better value and work well with my filter jug
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 August 2010
21 December 2013: I had several spent cartridges ready for taking to local store to recycle. As it happened I put them near a window in order to remind me to get rid. The light shone in such a way that the contents were visible inside each cartridge. Some were full, some half empty.

Rather than rip open the wrapper on my new cartridges I decided to weigh them. Of the old ones the two that looked nearly full were 124g and 135g whilst the two about half empty were 64g and 75g. When I weighed my new ones each weighed 101g.

Whether paying full price guarantees full filter I can not say.