Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 24 May 2007
This is in many ways the perfect blues/rock album. Purists say it isn't 'proper' blues because Gary uses a Marshall stack with the gain turned up. Well let me tell you, in my opinion this rocked-up reworking of the blues works really well! I love it! I love melodic, hard rock guitar and I love Gary's playing. Add this style to some blues classics, throw in a great production and the whole thing kicks muchos butt! I think Gary perhaps took the criticism to heart and wanted to be judged as a real bluesman or maybe he just mellowed with time but his later blues albums don't rock nearly as much as this one, which is a shame because for my money he got the formula spot-on with this release. Every song is a corker and the solos, wow! Check out the solos in 'Still Got The Blues' and 'Walking By Myself' in particular for true six string genius. If you're a fan of rock guitar you will not hear better licks and solos than this! The remastered version, as many do, suffers from the 'bonus tracks' stuck on the end. It isn't that they're bad but they detract from the original album. I always think these bonus tracks should be on a second cd, not tacked on the end of the album. Buy the cd and then burn a copy without the bonus tracks on! That way you'll hear the album as it was supposed to be heard.
on 2 January 2012
This album ticks so many boxes. I like the blues played with a bit of grunt and that's exactly what this album does. Not strictly a blues album but Gary Moore clearly knows the blues and plays it so.

He plays with some of the greats and knows his way around a guitar, if you like the blues played loud and hard then buy this album,
on 3 October 2012
Best Studio Album by Gary, absolutley loved it when i first heard it back in the 90s. Changed my perception on blues and guitar playing. Masterpiece.

PS Checkout a english Blues Rock band called "Snakewater", debut album produced by Grammy Award Nominee Chris Tsangarides (Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy / Judas Preist)
on 9 August 2000
What can I say about this album that has not been said before ? The biggest selling blues album ever, if you like rock or blues and do not have this album then I suggest that you buy it today. "Oh ! Pretty Woman" features Blues legend Albert King, "Too Tired" features the late Albert Collins, and Brian Downey plays on a few tracks as well. This album is rock blues at its best so add it to your collection and see for yourself.
on 28 December 2012
as on previous cd review - keep on rocking -will inspire a new generation of potential blues writers/players bless Gary R.I.P.
on 20 May 2011
This is a brillant, and The Best blues album by Gary Moore. If you have bought it yet, then go out and get a copy !
on 20 January 2007
Gary Moore is undoubtedly one of the finest guitarists ever, an 'Still Got The Blues' illustrates why perfectly. Whatever people may write on here, this is a blues album, albeit played with the skill of a rock guitarist. He plays a tribute to Albert King on 'King Of The Blues', and a tribute to SRV on 'Texas Strut'. He even plays with the famous Alberts, King and Collins, and absolutely massacres both of them.

For me, the best song on here is the title-track, with its heart-wrenching lyrics and phenomonal guitar solo (one of the best I've ever heard from anyone in my entire life.) But every song it 10/10, making this an album that you'll just keep playing and playing. Moore plays with feel, but also with unbelievable techinalc skill, and it will inspire any guitarist out there.

Get it NOW!!!
on 11 February 2016
Great LP by the legendary Gary Moore though I must admit I preffered After the war but that could be because I'm more of a rocker than a blues person. The delivery was quick, great seller, would definitely recommend to anyone.
on 7 January 2013
A masterclass in screaming electric blues. Moore had an enormous dynamic range and just coaxed the best sounds out of his guitar. Stomping riffs, clean sweeping licks, ludicrous sustain and killer tone. What's not to like?
on 17 November 2003
This is a great album, from laid back blues to quite fast rock, this should be in every one's collection if you like 70's - 80's rock like Led Zep, Hendrix, Deep Purple etc etc.
What more can I say, give it a go, you won't regret it, I wore my record out and am so happy it's now on CD