Size: Screwdriver Set|Change
Price:£4.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 13 October 2010
I couldn't find any review that said this, so I'll say it: anyone that's interested in taking apart old hard drives for the magnets/curiosity or whatnot will really appreciate these. They will work perfectly on the screws used on hdd enclosures and the smaller torx screws used inside to keep the small components (and platters) together.

The coloured bits at the top of the screwdrivers are not attached to the body, merely molded around the top, meaning you can hold the colured bit and turn the body with your fingers to make removing screws very easy. Well worth getting. After 15 drives completely disassembled the heads of the screwdrivers aren't looking deformed either.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2010
Inexpensive, well packaged and suited my purposes (swapping a laptop hard drive) perfectly. The handles are properly sculpted for easy grip. The barrels are short to make access easier in confined spaces.
on 2 December 2014
I bought this screwdriver and torx set primarily for replacing the hard drive and RAM in my old laptop. These are certainly high quality for the price, I also love the rotating heads to speed up the process of undoing loose screws. One thing I did notice on a particularly tight screw, I had to take a tighter grip of the screwdriver and noticed that it did flex slightly, also as they are precision it is not easy to get a grip on them for the tighter screws.
Pros:
• High quality metal
• Rotating head
• Excellent casing
• In-expensive
• Ideal for hard drive replacement
Cons:
• Not very good grip
• Difficult to undo tight screws

Overall, excellent value for money, definitely recommend buying these for any Laptop or computer upgrade or for those interested in the internal workings of a hard drive.
on 27 April 2011
I have used these for changing the hard drive on my macbook pro. Good quality screwdrivers at a very good price. recommended.
on 8 January 2012
I have to say that this product was pretty good quality. I have had no problems with them. They have worked great. They haven't rounded off any screws or anything and i a proud to say they where very cheap. I had next day delivery because i needed them in a hurry to swap a keyboard on my old DELL INSPIRON 2115. Once again i would have to recommend these to anybody who wants good screwdrivers.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 February 2012
In this video review, you'll see the size, design, and durability features of this product ( LINDY Computer Technician Precision Torx Set ).

It has been used a few times and held up very well with no tip distortion.

The last use was for a Macbook Pro SSD upgrade that was completed successfully with the help of this product, but please note that to actually gain access to the inside of the Macbook Pro, you'll need these: LINDY Computer Technician Precision Screwdriver Set, and then the Torx set to actually remove the HDD/SSD.

The screwdriver set came well-packaged, it also included a nice plastic case where each screwdriver stays put until you need it.

For an affordable price, you can't go wrong. This included Torx T6, T7, T8, T9 and T10 with 20mm-long bits.

I recommend this product based on its quality and price.

It's worth noting that this is NOT Torx Security (with a hole in the middle of the bit), this is Torx only, therefore it won't go inside Torx Security screws (that have a pin in the middle where the hole in the bit slots in), as an example the XBOX 360 controllers use Torx Security screws therefore this set won't work if you want to use it to open the XBOX 360 controller.
on 2 July 2015
Nice little set for the price. There are some truly horrible, bordering on totally useless, sets out there in this price range, but these are not terrible at all.

Ive already used them quite extensively, having built my new PC from ground up and tinkered with my RC helicopters and planes using them.....

They have been perfectly adequate. Its worth remembering though that they are NOT top of the line tools (they are accurate in size and have good tips on them however..but not magnetic)....so care must be taken not to slip them in screws that are too large, as its pretty clear from my limited usage, that you can strip the tips to the point they cant grip the screws..(ie They are somewhat softer than what you would expect in a top of the range set)

Saying that though, if you DO take care, they wont just wear down through use, like some other cheapo ones out there...but neither will they last a life time like a REALLY good set.

I dont use these very small sizes very often, and have a much higher quality set for the next sizes up (so I can see and feel the difference in hardness and durability of the tips), and I would advise if you are going to be using this size tool daily, then you should spend a bit more money (as I probs will eventually!)

But if you only need them for light tinkering or PC building etc,that you might only do once every few years, and find other uses every 'blue moon,...these are just great and I do recommend them to all but serious electronics pros...though serious pros will not give these a second glance anyway : D

I wont hesitate to give them 5 stars though, because the price is just about perfect for what they are.
on 8 November 2009
Great set, great value for money only downside was the shipping was a bit pricey
on 30 November 2013
I bought this kit to dismantle some old console parts in an attempt to find out why they weren't working and see if they could be revived. Tools worked well, fit the holes and were clearly marked with their sizes, but sadly the console was not able to be revived. I wouldn't take the risk of opening up a non-broken console, but if yours is dead and you just want to have a look inside, these tools will help you get it open(spoiler: it'll be full of dust).

Probably a useful kit for professional console repairers if there are people who do that, tools seems sturdy enough(although they are tiny!), and would hopefully last a while. Good selection of sizes included, bit of a one-job tool for home users(unless you're frequently opening up your electronic goods, I suppose) as they don't fit normal screws, but they were inexpensive and worked well. Might be good for getting into laptop parts also, but I haven't tried those.

Screws were undamaged after using the tool, which is good as others I've used in the past have a tendency to be a bad fit and damage the screw so you might get it out once but won't get it back in or be able to remove it again.

Price was great. It's a bit annoying having to buy something else to be able to buy them, but I understand why it's done that way and if you're not in a rush, you can just add them to your next Amazon order.
on 30 January 2012
I bought this set of tools so that I could get the back off from my Apple MacBook Pro late-2011, 13 inch model to upgrade the RAM. The yellow top 00x20mm tool fits the very small screws perfectly. I was able to install the RAM with no problem. The only criticism I have of the tools is that they are not magnetic which can make small screws a little bit tricky to get in and out. However, it did the job and now my MacBook runs like an absolute beast!