5.0 out of 5 stars Best toddler dvd

Published on 6 Feb 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 6 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
Having bought previous Baby Einstein products for my baby boy, I was eager to share this one with him, however was very disappointed. The images are colourful and the music fun but 3-D shapes are shown and called by 2-D names. As an Early years teacher and parent I found this very frustrating as it means re-teaching the correct names at a later stage. As I have experienced in the past, this is very difficult.
The whole feel of this DVD felt disjointed and rushed.
Better off to teach the children with the objects found around the home and in the local environment...and free!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as some of the others, 27 Jan 2004
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
My 13 month old son loved Baby Mozart so we got him `Discovering Shapes'. But parents be warned: the style of this is very American with American kids doing the voice-over (EG "ladybirds" are called "bugs" etc). May seem pedantic but if I'd wanted US stuff I'd have got him watching Sesame Street (which is great, don't get me wrong). We're sticking to the music-themed Baby Einstein stuff because our son loves the movement and images on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toddler dvd, 9 Oct 2003
I bought this dvd as my 18 month old daughter loves other videos in the series, especially Baby Mozart and Baby Bach. The format on this one is a little different, and the main clown song is a bit more jazzy than classical, but my little girl absolutely loves it! She dances around to the theme song as soon as I put it on, and is enthralled by the shapes and colours. Its well worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars good work baby einstein, 11 Jan 2005
natalie j sarratt (cricklewood, london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this dvd for my one year old daughter who did not give it a second glance, but i paid good money for it so we perservered!Now she is two and it has become a firm favorite, she loves all the differrent images shown, showing all the different shapes and comparing them to things we have around the house ie oranges are circles and she loves to tell me this. I think this is a good dvd to sit down with your kids and get some interaction with them, i will certainly be buying baby einstein again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Newton- discovering shapes, 2 May 2003
I find there are very few videos for children of such a young age on shapes. It is 1 year and up age group. my daughter of 22 months loves this along with others in the collection. I find it is nicely layed out with the crayons drawing and singing about the shapes they have draw and what you can make with shapes like a clown. runs for 49 minutes. If you like the baby einstein company videos and dvds this is a must for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool, 25 Jan 2004
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter, who is mildly autistic, watches this and other Baby Einstein videos. She is now knows all her shapes and sometimes when she wants to ask for something and doesn't know the word she tells me the shape. This has been extroindinarly helpful in heading off her frustration about not being able to communicate her wants and needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 19 Mar 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
My 2 1/2 yr old daughter watches this DVD regularly and is totally spellbound by it. She particularly loves the puppet shows and giggles at them every single time. I would thoroughly recommend to others. However not all the Baby Einstein DVDs are as good. Some are more esoteric and don't have the puppet shows that give the whole thing structure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised "Baby Newton", 21 April 2011
M. M. Thyr (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
Some years ago I had the "Baby Newton" VCR, but somehow it had disappeared. It was so funny and so entertaining - for ANY age - that I decided to replace it with the DVD. It seems that Disney has bought the company. Whether for that reason or whatever other, the show has changed considerably. In the original the singing was absolutely fascinating - catchy and upbeat. The new version is basically a dirge-like monotone. My children and I have watched it once, but are not interested in sitting through it again. They should have let well enough alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 28 Oct 2009
S. Flynn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
My son is now 19 months and has been watching this DVD since about 9 months he still loves it. It is one of the better older DVD's, as it has lots of colours and a fun song!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping baby happy, 13 May 2009
This review is from: Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD] (DVD)
My granddaughter is 10 months old and is fascinated by the shapes and images on the screen and hopefully the music will encourage her to take an interest in classical music as she grows older. It keeps her occupied and quiet for ages.

Baby Newton - World of Shapes [DVD]