5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent video. Buy it
Another great video from Baby Einstein. In this one, Vincent Van Goat (!) presents colours. The English version is dubbed perfectly well, but in any case, there are very few spoken words - just the name of each colour as it comes up (unlike Baby Shakespeare, which has lots of speech).
The puppet shows in this one are particularly funny.
I think this is one of...
Published on 15 Jun 2004 by Beansmummy

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad
Published on 23 Nov 2003 by s1mps

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent video. Buy it, 15 Jun 2004
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The puppet shows in this one are particularly funny.
I think this is one of the best of the series (although, based on reviews on this site, I haven't bought Baby Newton or Baby Bach as they seem to get bad write-ups).
I also recommend Babies Mozart, and Shakespeare, and Neighbourhood animals. Beethoven was fine, just not such a hit with my baby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Even adults will be captivated!, 23 April 2004
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
I had heard how enthralling the Baby Einstein series was, so added VanGogh for a touch more colour. My daughter was delighted and would sit andwatch the DVD right through, and it was wonderful seeing the expressionson her face when she particularly enjoyed some of it. At times we showedit to her with friends and it was hilarious the way even our adult friendswould lose track of the conversation, so immersed would they get in theDVD. I think not only is this an entertaining DVD for babies and youngchildren, but it certainly would rank among the "educational toys". Now tosee if she turns out artistic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Van Gogh, 14 July 2003
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
I have purchased many products from the Baby Einstein company - my son is enthralled with them, and therefore so am I! Baby Van Gogh is a visual and aural feast and I am delighted with the main content of the DVD. The introduction, however, sets my teeth on edge. Someone has had the bright idea of dubbing the US spokepersons with dubious English accents. It doesn't work, it doesn't fool anyone and it simply taints the credibility of the product. The erudite founder of the company (who we have met in the former videos) now looks as though she is being worked by a poor ventriloquist. Keep the products coming, Baby Einstein company, but sack the sound director!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a clever tape to introduce colours to babies!!, 29 May 2003
By A Customer
I was given a baby einstien VHS tape as a gift on the birth of my 2nd child. We are all now hooked.
Baby Van Gogh is a superb video that introduces colour and rhyme to children. Both my one year old and three year old love this tape. Colours are introduced through clever use of puppets and toys. The music is wonderful, everyone will enjoy this. The various paintings of Van Gogh are introduced using beautiful wonderful and poetry.
This tape is wonderful for calming and/or entertaining any child between 0-4yrs. They will watch it, laugh with it, dance with it and play to it. It is truly a MUST for any bay/ toddler.
It will also keep you as the parent sane!

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Ben loves it!, 5 Aug 2005
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say when I first got it my little boy was only a few weeks old and I myself, was quite disappointed with the contents I think I was expecting it to be abit more exciting.
He didn't seem very interested in it at first but then again his attention span was very limited. However, I persevered with it daily and he is nearly 5 months old and he will watch it on repeat play. He kicks his legs to the music which bounces his chair - he absolutely loves it!!!
To me it was worth the money in the long run and I don't feel like I am just putting him in front of the telly to watch any old trash - its educational!! I am considering purchasing another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value for money, 25 Sep 2005
A Corke "angela" (Warwick) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
we first used this dvd when my daughter was 4 weeks old. It worked wonders in the early evening when she became grizzly. Now she is 9 months old and we sit together when she wants quiet time and watch it together. we enjoy moving to the music and pointing out things to her. she loves the yellow part and always has a smile on when it comes on, no matter how grumpy she was before it. we have since bought others in the range and some of the puppets which she thinks are great. it has also been a successful present to friends with newborns.

5.0 out of 5 stars super value for money, 27 Sep 2005
A Corke "angela" (Warwick) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
We bought this DVD on recommendation and have not regretted it one bit. Bethany was only a few weeks old when we first played it but it got us through the grizzly times in the evenings as she enjoyed the music and colours. Now she is 9 months old and tries to grab things as they move and moves along to the music. she giggles at things and we watch it a couple of times a week before bed. The music is varied and images change at a good pace. We have since given it to friends as a gift for their baby and they too have loved it. we have tried others in the range but this seems to be the best one.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAKES YOU WANT TO BE A BABY!, 25 April 2003
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
I SAW THIS DVD OVERSEAS AND JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE UK VERSION BE BE LAUNCHED THIS MONTH. BABY MOZART WAS A HIT WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY AND I EXPECT VAN GOGH TO BE AS ENTERTAINING AND EDUCATIONAL. OUR SON LOVES ANYTHING VISUAL AND THIS SERIES CONFIRMS THE VIEW THAT INTERACTIVE LEARNING IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE MOST POWERFUL STIMULANT - PARTICULARLY FOR A 1 YEAR OLD WHO STILL HAS NO CONCEPT OF SITTING STILL - BABY MOZART AND BABY VAN GOGH BOTH HAVE HIM GLUED TO THE HIGHCHAIR!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant in every way, 17 July 2007
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter has had this DVD since she was five months old, she is now ten months. I am a teacher and have to say this is a fantastic 20 minutes of fun. My daughter watches it most days while I make her supper and she is totally enthralled, she now predicts what is coming next and responds to all of the puppets and children. Worth every penny and not just a cartoon with no real educational benefits.

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad, 23 Nov 2003
This review is from: Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD] (DVD)
My son and daughter both enjoy this dvd. This was spoilt a bit as the people were dubbed with English voices,the words did not synchronise with the childrens lips, even the author was dubbed!.Not much extra on the dvd to what would be on the video though. The Neighbourhood animals dvd was much better. We also liked Baby Einstein video. Our favourite was Baby Mozart video though.

Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD]