5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Mozart - music festival
Published on 6 Nov 2003 by S. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock On Mo'
I quite like Mozart, and so bought this for my baby. She really likes it! Though not as much as Motorhead Live at the Hammersmith Odeon. A reasonable purchase nonetheless.
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by CLINT McGAVIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Mozart - music festival, 6 Nov 2003
S. Watson "raiseaglass" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this when my daughter was a few weeks old and was amazed at how it caught her attention. I was initially disappointed in it myself (not sure what to expect) but when I started to watch her face and hear how excited she would get I was really pleased. The fascinating thing is that I can put it on and my 4 year old and 5 year old daughters also love to sit down and watch it. They are mermerised by the colours and things that they see - shouting out "Dolphin" "Car" "Train" as if they too are seeing everything for the first time - another great thing is that it does give me that vital half an hour to quickly shower and have breakfast or rush a little housework knowing that my daughter is happy to just watch the video and have a kick around. I also have the Van Gogh and I will probably buy the other titles just so that she doesn't get bored - she is only 3 months old now and I've lost count of the amount of times the videos have been played just to calm her down. Well worth the money and never mind the rolling of eyeballs when you put on "baby's video"!!!

July 2006 - my daughter is now 3 and still loves to watch back this video - she also loves the Van Gogh, Bach and Shakespeare one (I personally love Van Gogh and Shakespeare ones the best)- will be keeping these for any future grandchildren!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth buying!, 1 Mar 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD] (DVD)
Some years ago I bought the Baby Mozart (VHS) for my 1 yr. old son. I had read the rave reviews and hoped they were true as I, too, needed some time for myself. It took a few times before my son got familiar with it, but after that he became very excited and animated each time I put it on. The wonderful colourful and fun images really kept him captivated and as he grew older he would ask for it to be played over and over again. He would even recognize the music when he heard it played elsewhere. When my second son was born he was able to begin to enjoy it at a much younger age, as well as Baby Shakespeare that we also had by then, and grew to love it even more than my oldest son. By the time he was 2 1/2 we finally had to throw it out as it had literally been worn out! Now I am ordering the Baby Mozart DVD for some friends who have just become parents. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for Twins! And my sanity!, 25 Sep 2004
By A Customer
I bought this video after reading the reviews. I have been completely amazed. I have twins, and bought this first Einstein product when they were five months old, it's been a complete lifesaver! I use it more as a tool, if the boys aren't happy and there's nothing I can do to pacify them - on goes Baby Mozart! Hey presto two transfixed boys! They're only eight months old now and quieten down the second the video shows the caterpillar! If you need to be able to cook tea, or entertain a baby whilst bathing a sibling this is the video to go for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic Mozart, 9 May 2003
If you're watching this video as a parent, you might wonder what all the fuss is about. But watch your baby as he or she sits mesmerised by the colourful images and you won't care. The pieces of music have been chosen especially to appeal to babies and they're teamed with images, from baby toys to flickering candles, that are designed to capture - and hold - babies' attention. My daughter has been watching and enjoying Baby Mozart from the age of three months, and amazingly, even at such a young age, it managed to hold her attention. Now, at six months, she's even started to wave her arms along to the music and sometimes wants to watch it through twice! It's enjoyable, but you feel it's educational too since Mozart's music is supposed to improve the ability to concentrate in babies. I can't recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby einstein Baby mozart, 14 Nov 2005
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my little girl when she was about 3 months old as it was recommended by a friend. to begin with I was disappointed as she wasnt that intrested in it and I put it away. I tried her again with it at about 9 months as she had started to take an interest in the T.V and she loved it. I found if I put it on she instantly wanted to sit with me and watch.I find it a great tool for "our time". she is now 15 months and still loves it she knows whats coming next and says the animails names before they have come on the screen. I dont know why she likes it so much its pretty dull from my point of view!! but she loves it more than the boggie beebies DVD she got for her birthday. She calls it "tick tock" due to the sound some of the toys make and would watch it all day if I let her. dont rule this out for older babies I have recommended it to friends who have also found they end up watching it on the loop option most of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Mozart Music Festival, 18 Jun 2003
natalie casey (Oldham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having played a Mozart CD to Maddie since she was a 16 week old foetus there was a fair chance that she was going to enjoy this video. Now 10 months old, she claps her hands in anticipation and sways to the music, topping off with a rather endearing bum shuffle when more familiar 'tunes' appear.
The video is colourful with a variety of stimuli such as puppets, wind chimes, puzzles and clockwork toys, all repeated at intervals to promote recognition. There are also some suprises - a Lizard that sticks its tongue out and says 'blah' is a firm favourite and well copied.( Though on second thoughts it might be nice to hear my daughter attempting 'mama' for a change!)
The edited UK version loses the after show spiel about 'the Mozart effect' (found on the American VHS) This is unfortunate as it describes how children exposed to Mozart's music show a significant improvement in spatial-temporal reasoning. So perhaps a leaflet in the UK cassette may resolve this?
Finally on another level, I've used the video in my therapeutic work with abused and traumatised children, some of whom have significantly 'calmed' and displayed less challenging behaviour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Mozart - Music Video, 21 May 2003
Alison (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I started putting this video infront of my baby when he could focus and recognise colours, just for something for him to look at occasionally, as he grew older there where times that this was the only thing that would calm him down or help him slow down enough to go to sleep. Now at 16 months he requests it at the end of most days to wind down or when he's poorly! It's brilliant and seems to get better the more they've seen it. Be warned though, the first time you see this you may wonder what is so intriguing about a load of movable toys and some tinkly music but it's not for you is it?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 May 2006
Mrs. J. L. Porter (County Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is a god send. My 5 month old loves it. We bought it for him when he was about 3 months old and he wasnt too interested in it then, but now he really enjoys watching it. He even talks and shouts to the tv when its on. I find its half an hours peace for you as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!!, 18 Mar 2006
char_lou_dan78 (Andover, Hants, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter was eight months old when we first introduced her to the baby einstein dvds. Baby Mozart was the first we tried and she absolutely loves it. She gets really excited when the catapillar comes onto the screen and blinks at the beginning. The puppets make her laugh and the music seems to relax her. It is great to put on to entertain your baby while you get on with some housework, but also good fun to sit and watch with them as you can talk them through the images and bounce them up and down in time with the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars My regular Baby Gift, 30 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This video has saved me from a lot of stressed moments as a new mother. When my child was being difficult or when I just needed 20 minutes to get something done, this video was a life saver. It has been run dozens and dozens of times. It is now my standard present when friends have babies, especially their first. I also recommend Baby Shakespeare for the over 1's. The Baby Einstein video is only OK and I was disappointed with the Baby Van Gogh book.

Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD]