5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Video

Published on 21 Feb. 2006 by Eh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Video, 19 Aug. 2003
Jessica Murray (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein - Neighbourhood Animals [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is another great video from the wonderful Baby Einstein company. I'm a big fan of all their products which have kept my two children entertained for hours! This video is slightly different to the others, in that the majority of it is footage of real animals. The photography is beautiful and introduces young children to the universal concept (the word 'cat', describes many different types of cat, not just the one in your house!). Entertaining and educational, what more can you ask for as a parent?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 25 Oct. 2004
A Raven "Raven" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is the first Baby Einstein product I had bought for my toddler. It gets 4 stars as he simply loves it. However, be warned - the DVD is usually £17+ and at only 28 mins long you're paying an awful lot per minute. On the other hand my toddler absolutely loves it - especially likes Pavlov the puppet dog who has him in hysterical laughter for much of the time that he's on screen.
It's also overwhelmingly American, however, I try not to let this annoy me too much and simply repeat English versions of some words. "Insect" for "bug" etc. Worth buying but only if you can get it second hand. We have one other Baby Einstein item and I got that second hand and less than half the price of a new copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Baby Einstein production!, 11 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
My son adores animals and really enjoys this DVD. He is captivated by it! He keeps rubbing his head when the puppet dog appears as he bangs his head! He can recognise the real animals and the animated ones. Its lovely to see the live animals in natural surroundings. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone, my son adored Baby Mozart from about 3 months old and is now 18 months old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for older babies, 28 Nov. 2005
Amazon Customer (Goole, North Humberside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having enjoyed the Baby Mozart and Baby Beethoven dvds, we added this one to our collection and have not regretted it. My 15 month old son loves it, and will sit through the whole dvd captivated, which is no mean feat for a boy who sits still for no-one! He really loves the cats and dogs, and shouts 'dack' at the tv when the ducks come on! Definitely worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, 23 Nov. 2003
My son and daughter both enjoy this dvd. Although the children have American accents and use words like Ladybugs for ladybirds, we thought this was better than the ones that were dubbed over. The slide show is quite good too. We also liked Baby Einstein video. The Baby Van Gogh dvd was dubbed and this spoilt it a bit as the words did not synchronise with the childrens lips. Our favourite was Baby Mozart though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein - Neighbourhood Animals, 13 Aug. 2003
By A Customer
My 8 month old daughter loves this DVD. She is transfixed by the puppets and the music. She even claps along to the song "Old MacDonald"

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DVD, Its a real MUST HAVE!, 2 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
This dvd is brilliant,& very educational. My daughter is 11 months & has been watching Einstien since 9months. She knows when im going to put it on from the moment i take the disc out of the box and press play. She claps with delight! her face lights up. She points at all the animals and even attemps to make the animal noises as well as trying to say what some of the animals are. When they sing Old MacDonald she even attemps the e i ei ow bit! it makes you melt when you hear your little ones try to talk.....!
I find that this dvd really helps your child learn about the animal kingdom. It keeps them mesmorised and gives you a little break too, you might even find it fun watching it yourself!
Defenatly a good buy. You can buy these dvds dubbed in english, or you may wish to buy the american ones, i prefere the american ones as i hate things that are dubbed i think it ruins it. and seeing as most of the tv/films we watch these days are AMERCIAN, why should we care about wether our children watch "Einstein" with amercian accents or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 20 Aug. 2011
This DVD along with the baby van gogh and baby mozart kept my baby mesmerised since being about 2 months old, he is 4 months now and still enjoys it time and time again. The neighbourhood animals dvd is his favourite however. He gets really excited everytime he watches it, his legs never stop kicking and a smile is on his face throughout. I also enjoy listening to him talk and gurgle away at the screen. Although i am not a fan of dumping him in front of the telly it keeps him busy so i can get my chores done and not feel guilty because i know he is being stimulated and developed. I strongly recommend this product, it stimulates him visually and he enjoys the classical music and mixture of hand puppets, toys and footage of the animals - A must have in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars An offence, 21 Feb. 2006
After the success of Baby Mozart and World Animals I bought this for my daughter (14 m). It is a bad imitation of WA, but without the creativity and the humour. This is all subjective, but only the tone deaf are not bothered by the rendition of Ol' MacDonald by children who sing it sooo flat that it hurts the ear. To make it worse, it is sung in a tempo and joie de vivre of a funeral march-the Verdi Requiem is hip hop compared to this. That means this torture lasts for 5 min plus, 20% of the time of the tape. My little one had her hands on her ears and said:AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Awful. Should be banned. Only buy if your child is tone deaf or as a punishment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others, 20 Feb. 2010
H. Abdullah - See all my reviews
I found some scenes and ideas repeated. Not as interesting and varied as some of the other titles I've purchased. My child still prefers it to other types of videos.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›