Format: DVD|Change

Great value DVD, arrived in good condition. Our choir are singing a medley of songs from the film, and it's really helped with that.
on 27 November 2014
Got this for my girlfriend. She loves and knows it word for word since she had the VHS version back in the day. A riot of a movie.
on 10 March 2015
Great movie for the kids - they're doing it for their stage show this year so sing along fun for all the family - feed me seymour
on 19 November 2013
Great film, our school is doing it as a play and we needed to refresh all the characters and all I have to do is make the set
on 7 March 2016
Bought to give ideas for local stage production. Good performance from Rick Moranis and cast, and plant models brilliant.
on 2 January 2015
still one of the best musicals ive ever seen!
humorous, well shot, beautifully sung and a good family friendly movie!
on 3 May 2013
This is a filme everbody can watch over and over again. It is good family entertainment. I wish I had found it years ago
on 12 February 2016
I saw this film years ago, and decided to buy a copy now. It was just as wonderful. Excellent value and I got it quickly.
on 28 November 2009
An absolute classic. Ok I know it's not the stage version,
but pure joy (with some cool cameos), from beginning to end.
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2009
I watched this film quite a few years ago, and can remember laughing out loud at many of the scenes - particularly when we are introduced to the dentist who was recommended into the profession after an upbringing of deriving pleasure from hurting small animals. Brilliant! So I just had to show it to my kids once they were old enough to appreciate it.

The sets are very limited, and give the impression that the story is filmed in a theatre. This I guess is deliberate, as the story was originally a stage musical and the director seems to have wanted to capture that atmosphere. The songs are quite catchy, and the costumes are very colourful and fifties in their appearance. Steve Martin steals the show as the mad dentist who gets his kicks from hurting people. His role is almost overshadowed by a brilliant performance from Bill Murray who is his patient who enjoys dental treatment and pain.

The film has dated slightly, and Rick Moranis plays the same character as every other film in which he has appeared. Both of these things have reluctantly made me drop a star from the rating, but my whole family still laughed out loud from start to finish.