on 28 July 2004
The sound quality is good. I also have a pair of expensive hi-fi headphones that faithfully reproduce all the distortion and crackle generated by the computer's internal sound card. The 'phones on the Logitech headset are not as good (they are a quarter of the price) but because they use their own DAC there's no interference, so the overall sound quality is better. There is a very slight hiss, but it's perfectly acceptable and only noticeable during silences.
The microphone is also good. Most people find it difficult to judge how well a mic captures their own voice, but this seems quite accurate with minimal distortion or hiss.
The whole thing is light weight and reasonably comfortable. (However, the packaging is excessive. There's no excuse these days for using so much non-recyclable plastic.)
Installation. What installation? Just plug it in and it works (at least on Windows XP). Why can't all technology be like this?
on 28 December 2003
I initially checked out reviews of other headphones, then read the technical blurb! The thing that finally swung it for me was that they were USB and of good quality for the price! Setting up was easy plug-in and WindowsXP found them instantly. (The headphones do work from WIN98 upwards and MAC systems.) They do exactly as it says on the box!! In use they are comfortable to wear with a really neat volume control pad that clips to the edge of your clothing. If you like to be in a world of your own with games, language programs or simply listen to music, then these fit the profile stylishly! They were bought for use in Foreign Language work, you simply talk away to the computer and then listen to the playback! Yikes! is that what I sound like???? I need to practise more on my Spanish! Music sounds great.
Treat yourself, you won't be dissapointed.
on 31 January 2005
I enjoyed this item for a good many months, i brought it despite it being the more expensive headset of the time due to finding that i needed a robust high quality set. this one seemed to work till i noticed blue ink was on my uniform. then i realised that some how the plastic around the audio options buttons had melted due i assume to the heat of the cables and would do every time it was plugged in since. Soon after i lost the microphone and then the sound all together. due to the design it is impossible to fix this problem. so all in all, not a great one my advise would be to go for a newer headset, which maybe logitech has worked on - it's a good company. just a one off problem that is a long term thing.
on 5 May 2004
I recently bought one of these headsets as the package blurb and technical specifications looked impressive and it had the convenience of USB connectivity. When I received it, I found that it was indeed a comfortable headset to wear with its plush earpads and adjustable headband. When I initially used sound recorder, I got good results from the microphone which blocked out most background noise. The volume controls on the inline remote control are linked with Windows system volume, and I found it convenient to be able to adjust either windows system volume either with the remote on the headset or the volume control itself. All good points said, I was a bit annoyed by the quality of sound from the headphones. For some reason, and I don't know why, the base on this particular headset is rubbish. I have heard more base out of a pair of cheap 20 quid speakers than I have heard out of this headset. This of course rules out any enjoyment of rock music or indeed anything with a heavy base line as its focal point. The midrange and vocals of a track are very clear however, but this doesn't compensate for much. As for luxurious sterio sound, it sounds no different to the basic sterio I can get from my sound card. I can find no controls for optimising the audio quality of the headset, and there is no such feature in the volume control that I can see.
All in all, this might be a good headset for voice dictation, internet chat and general purpose sound output, but I would honestly recommend a good pair of headphones over this particular headset if your serious about your music. There are many better and cheaper headsets I know for a fact, but as I say, for general purposes, this should do you fine.
on 6 November 2004
This product is great, until it fails, like most of them that have been made. They last an average of 4 months. I got this this summer and it failed just yesterday. This is the first and last USB headset I buy. This has all been confirmed by reviewers on Amazon.com
Do not buy this product.