on 10 February 2006
The songs on this extended soundtrack showcase not only the famous tracks ( eg Berlin , Kenny Loggins ) , but have also added in ( for the deluxe edition ) the original Righteous Brothers version of "..Lovin' Feeling" amongst other tracks . Upon listening to the album again , I felt right back in the 80's ( for some people a good thing , for others a bad one ! ) and I realise that the tracks on this album really do seem to signify that whole time in music and I can just see the shoulder pads , shiny suits , ripped jeans , peroxide hairdo's ....etc
For those of a more musical nature , the instrumental Top Gun Anthem by Harold 'Axel F' Faltemeyer and Steve Stevens ( guitarist with Billy Idol ) features some cracking soloing !
on 18 December 2003
Although undeniably eighties and more than a little cheesey at times, this soundtrack is fantastic. Not only does it transport you instantly back to that feel good feeling you got when watching the film for the first, second and third time, but it makes great driving music in the way it sub-conciously makes you believe that somehow your car has transformed into an F-14 fighter and that you can make the speed of sound. Admittedly my car can't make this kind of speed so instead I unavoidbly end up singing along to all of the tracks.
If you loved the film, you'll love every moment of this soundtrack. A must have for any true Top Gun lover's CD collection.
on 4 February 2005
Best soundtrack ever, its age just makes it that little bit more special, however this is the soundtrack to purchase, would recommend to anyone, and Dangerzone has to be the best track by far!
on 19 July 2006
Classic soundtrack. This album has everything. Kenny Loggins establishes himself as the master of powerful, catchy 80s cheese with the immense Danger Zone and fun-as-you-like Playing With The Boys. Berlin's Take My Breath Away is possibly THE greatest ballad of all time. Harold Faltermeyer's Top Gun Anthem is about as moving a piece of music can be. A must have.
on 20 November 2001
There is an excellent mixture of some "lost" hits.
Miami Sound Machine, Kenny Loggins, Berlin's "Take my Breath Away."
I can't imagine growing tired of this album. It's made for excellent driving music... gets me through rush hour but also through long, dark exhausting, lonely nights on the highway. (I travel a lot.)
Highly recommend it to any 80's music fans regardless.
on 29 January 2015
A nostalgic classic. One of the first films I remember watching as a child with what has arguably one of the best soundtracks. I bought the extended version, however, received the normal soundtrack. As I purchased this from Amazon, however, I managed to get the other tracks on the Amazon Music Player for free, making up for this. Great value CD, fantastic songs and a great item. Nice to hear the full versions of the songs, especially Cheap Trick's Mighty Wings, reminds me of the quote when Maverick says: "I'll hit the brakes and he'll fly right by". Definitely worth taking the risk of going down the "highway to the danger zone" and buying this item if you love the music or the film. Prompt service and delivery.
on 7 August 2011
I absolutely loved the film and I love the soundtrack too. Whenever I listen to this CD I am transported back to the cinema and the film. I also have the DVD. This is one of the best soundtracks ever to go with one of the best films ever. I loved this era and my favourite tracks are Kenny Loggins' Playing with the Boys and Larry Greene's Through the Fire. I used to play this day in day out in my car on the way to work, it almost felt like I was flying! Fantastic buy. Some girls love boys films.............
on 24 June 2015
Top Gun (Special Expanded Edition) has the classic 80’s songs of Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins and Take My Breath Away by Berlin on this music collection. This collection has a superb collection of diverse songs on the Top Gun soundtrack that also feature other artist such as Otis Redding, Jerry Lewis, The Righteous Brothers, Teena Marie etc. Overall, this Top Gun soundtrack is great for those who like 80’s music and/or enjoy watching the Top Gun movie.
on 9 January 2004
This album is a real true feel good album and for fans of the film is a must. There isnt a bad track on it and even the instrumental 'Top Gun Anthem' just cannot be bypassed.
on 21 June 2014
I am really pleased with the cd. As I have seen the film on tv and like the music in it. When I play the cd it takes me back to were music is about in the film. I would recommend this seller to anyone who likes top gun and I would buy more cd's from this seller. It arrived very quickly and was well packed. Thank you.