5.0 out of 5 stars Grey Day
Published 17 months ago by Rob

1.0 out of 5 stars did not get what i asked for
it arrived on time but was a totally different C D it was GODSKITCHEN ANTHEMS asda 14.99 Not a happy bunny.
Published 4 months ago by humy

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey Day, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
Called "Heavy Heavy Hits" on the Amazon description but in fact "Divine Madness" was delivered from my order, and I'm not complaining - this is a superb collection, even better than "Complete Madness" which I owned on vinyl originally. Like many people possibly I have tended to under-estimate Madness in recent years because of their fun, jokey image - but listening to this album the songs sound so fresh, vital, clever, and the music so well produced and catchy - as to put any misgivings aside. This lengthy collection of 22 songs is all good, and certainly I know the first 16 songs extremely well. Songs 17 to 22 I am less familiar with, but every single one is a corker.

Special mention from me goes to Embarrassment, Grey Day, House of Fun, Our House, Tomorrow's Just Another Day, The Sun and the Rain, One Better Day and Yesterday's Men where the quality seems to rise in song structure and lyrics, as well as vocally. I also love Baggy Trousers and My Girl. At the less good end, perhaps Wings Of A Dove, Driving In My Car, Return of the Los Palmas 7, The Prince and One Step Beyond but having said that, I enjoy all those too. Recommended. The track listing is:-

1. The Prince
22. Waiting For The Ghost Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutty Boys in a Nutshell..., 5 Jun 2009
M. McCann "rednotdead1976" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
I remember buying this initially when it came out on cassette and playing it so often I wore out two copies- thankfully my CD is a bit more resiliant. Basically any of Madness' greatest hits you can think off are here- it is an album that distills the essence of what made them popular.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun album. Though not a madness fan they are a fun group and ther records make me feel good, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
. Though not a madness fan they are a fun group and ther records make me feel good, will play

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
I have been adding to my back catalogue and this was a CD I always meant to buy - it did not disappoint. SUPERB !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars did not get what i asked for, 30 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Divine Madness, 18 Mar 2014
Mr. D. Wilson "david" (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
thanks guys for the joy you bring to music...glad i have this in my collection..if U like them..get this, its good

5.0 out of 5 stars relive the good old days again, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
takes you back to the good old 80s again relive the good times with some of the great madness classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of hits, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Divine Madness (Audio CD)
All the tracks I would expect are on this album which is exactly what I wanted. A good introduction to a legendary band. Great price too!

Divine Madness
Divine Madness by Madness (Audio CD - 1998)