4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Music isn't just on North Norfolk Digital!
Funny to think in the year 1987, that uber-DJ Alan himself says that there has been no good music since, this was my first proper chosen and bought by me cassette - and no I'm not counting 'A Message To STUART from Father Christmas' the year before.

Published on 22 Oct 2011 by DJ Bez

3.0 out of 5 stars now 10
Fast despatch very good condition will deffo use again just wasnt what i expected but will give another shot and see what happens
Published 3 months ago by jason 110

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Music isn't just on North Norfolk Digital!, 22 Oct 2011
DJ Bez (Weston-super-Mare) - See all my reviews

I don't want to get caught up in nostaligia; the NOW series has always been about charts, therefore about hits, and so by defination mostly about pure pop; you were never going to get John Cooper Clarke on a NOW tape, but what a year this was. Unlike many of the NOW compilations, both before and after, there is so much on this series still recognisable, and enjoyable; other volumes have many ultra-novelty or now completely obscure tracks. Tellingly this was also the first NOW to be concurrently released on CD too, apparently worth a few quid that one; otherwise, I'll end this kind of review, kind of reminiscence with a full tracklist... Fire this one into your Opel Manta's oversized cassette deck and cruise on down to the video cafe...

Tape 1
1.Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé : "Barcelona"
2.Pet Shop Boys : "Rent"
3.The Communards : "Never Can Say Goodbye"
4.M|A|R|R|S : "Pump Up the Volume"
5.Hue & Cry : "Labour of Love"
6.Jellybean feat. Steven Dante : "The Real Thing"
7.Johnny Hates Jazz : "I Don't Want to be a Hero"
8.The Style Council : "Wanted"
9.T'Pau : "China in Your Hand"
10.Heart : "Alone"
11.Kiss : "Crazy Crazy Nights"
12.Billy Idol : "Mony Mony"
13.Whitesnake : "Here I Go Again"
14.The Alarm : "Rain in the Summertime"
15.Marillion : "Sugar Mice"

Tape 2
1.Wet Wet Wet : "Sweet Little Mystery"
2.Curiosity Killed the Cat : "Misfit"
3.Los Lobos : "La Bamba"
4.Fat Boys : "Wipeout"
5.Bananarama : "Love in the First Degree"
6.Cliff Richard : "My Pretty One"
7.Karel Fialka : "Hey, Matthew"
8.Jan Hammer : "Crockett's Theme from Miami Vice"
9.Nina Simone : "My Baby Just Cares for Me"
10.Erasure : "The Circus"
11.The Housemartins : "Build"
12.Level 42 : "It's Over"
13.ABC : "When Smokey Sings"
14.Squeeze : "Hourglass"
15.The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl : "'A' Fairytale of New York" [SIC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome nostalgia, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 10 (Audio CD)
Okay, so I'm not about to pay that much money for the album - but I'd sure like someone to buy it for me! Just looking at the cover design gave me a huge flashback to when I was 10. I played it to death on my red dual cassette player (true, my only alternative tapes were those recorded off the radio with Dr Fox talking over the start and end of each track (oh, and a cassette copy of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band which was a case of my parents trying to steer me in the right musical direction)). I even remember a school trip up to the Natural History Museum with Pump Up the Volume blaring out over the coach speakers and the teachers thinking it sounded awful.
Hubby has pointed out that we own most of the songs on MP3 format already and that we don't even have a CD player to put it in any more, making the over-priced purchase completely ridiculous - but, hey, I've still put in my request for a Christmas pressie in case he can't think of anything else to buy me! I reckon I could sing every word of every song (including a phonetic effort at the Italian woman's bits on 'Barcelona'!)on this album and that is as much a testament to the great choice of music as it is to my then limited musical choices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now That's What I Call Music 10, 11 Aug 2011
B1 T'Pau - China In Your Hand
B2 Heart - Alone
B3 Kiss - Crazy Crazy Night
B4 Billy Idol - Mony Mony
B5 Whitesnake - Here I Go Again (USA Remix)
B6 Alarm, The - Rain In The Summertime
D5 ABC - When Smokey Sings
D6 Squeeze - Hourglass
D7 Pogues, The With Kirsty MacColl - A Fairy Tale Of New York

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spectacular Compilation, 9 Feb 2003
This has to be one of the best Now! compilations put together yet. (And I have listened to quite a few of them!) The mix of fast and slow music, rock and pop, big names and little-known artists works really well. It lets the listener sample new kinds of music without really pushing any one kind on you, and the way the songs are arranged means that no one style ever gets boring or old. Singers that I never really heard of or heard once before and didn't really like, such as Moby and Paulina Rubio, show really well here as talented performers. A definite must for any music lover, this cd covers the big hits of last year and introduces new artists to watch out for.

3.0 out of 5 stars now 10, 31 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars now 10+13, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 10 (Audio CD)
Now That's What I Call Music! 10i have this on LP wonder if it'll be worth anything,also have now 13 aswell x