5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product
I cannot praise these devices highly enough for the internet cabled home. They make it so easy to extend the home network to multiple devices. This super device is effectively an extension / expansion unit for reliably and robustly multipyling up your home network and internet access.

I have now purchased three of these 5-port units and so far I have installed...
Published on 8 Mar 2010 by Mr. R. J. Bedford

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but costs more than it should.
It works, although be aware these are 10/100 not 1000 (gigabit) devices and it is competing in the same price range as 5 and 8 port gigabit switches.
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by Ian London

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Netgear FS105 Prosafe 5 Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Personal Computers)
Bought this so that I could switch between my sky box and apple tv having only one port left on my bt router
Works perfectly also I like the inline on off switch very pleased and would highly recommend this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethernet Switch, 14 April 2012
I purchased this switch to connect up two Humax PVR's from my broadband router and it doe's the job just fine. Setup was easy. I may well order a second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Airport Express + Netgear Switch = Quality, 7 Nov 2010
I use an airport extreme in my home with an airport express to network everything wirelessly. Apple products are the best for me, just work and are powerful!

The problem I had was I only has 1 ethernet input on the express and had multiple devices under the TV.

I don't rely on streaming movie and HD content over wireless so always use ethernet connections for the speeds.

I purchased this to fix my problem.

Here are the steps:

Opened it up.

Plugged 1 ethernet cable in to the express and then in to the first socket on the netgear.(brings the data from the express in to the netgear) you now have 4 outputs remaining.

place the second ethernet cable in to the Netgear and then in to the back of my Xbox 360.

Place the third ethernet cable in to the Netgear and then in to my Humax FreesatHD box

Place the 4th ethernet cable in to the Netgear and then in to my Apple Tv (new black one)

Voila!

Everything works and super reliable.

The quality of this thing is super and very compact. It's made out of metal and not cheap looking plastic like i see some other switches are, including Netgear.

Go buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 27 Aug 2009
Stella A. Nicholls (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm no expert and my son set this up in a few minutes. We networked the house using it to supplement the existing router and its not let us down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a good device, but description is wrong, 6 Nov 2009
A. Smith - See all my reviews
It states the transfer rate is 1GBps in the technical details. However it is only 100MBps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but a tad frustrating without the cables!, 8 Nov 2010
Probably my own fault but I presumed this would come with an ethernet cable (not sure why just did)!

So I'm frustrated with myself and the product!