Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 15 February 2004
La Femme Nikita has to be one of my favourite TV shows, and I have waited long to get it on DVD. It's just such a shame that it isn't out on Region 2. I've been waiting, hoping it would be, but if not, I'll still get the DVD set and play it on the computer. The show has everything a show needs, and it's just a pity they cancelled it. Now if the production company could PLEASE send it as Region 2, I could maybe forgive them for stopping the show.
on 6 June 2009
How much I've loved this series, really, I would be so glad to see all the seasons coming out for region2!!! :'( By the way, until now, you can find the first unforgettable season1 in Amazon.de, I've just find out...

Back to the plot, lots of people think that Alias was better, and similar to Nikita, but for me this one was the real blast! The plot took the idea directly from the french Besson's film "Nikita ", especially the first episode, but after that the development followed an original path.

I loved particularly the on&off kind of romance/hate that the ambiguos Micheal and Nikita had had, it was so precious and magical, leaving you wanting more every week... ;-P) Plus that kind of French flavour (perhaps Canadian French one, to be more specific) that I liked more than the all American feeling I had from Alias (which I like too, but you know what I mean by it), and the great surprises on the way, the action never exaggerated, and last but not least, that sense of hanging "gothic" sensation of oppression from Section-One environment.

If you add that you won't find the usual silly American banters (even horror are full of it nowadays?!), the finale is not foreseen, and that the actors are simply PERFECT in La Femme Nikita...You will have a modern cult classic!!!
Bravo :-D)
on 8 September 2013
"LA FEMME NIKITA" is what every action show should be - no sugarcoating, no silly stunts, no Hollywood superheroes.

In LFM, you get raw action - a secret agency (Section 1) that "recruits" vagrants/homeless/junkies without family ties and train them into perfect soldiers to fight global terrorism.

And they mean business.

Without exaggeration, this shows will bring you into world of SERIOUS espionage and counter-terrorism.
Yeah, it is tweaked to be alluring to the wide audience and to add 007-style gadgets but I find it quite realistic.

While Micheal and Nikita are main characters, you will get to love many others - Operations and Madelaine are both perfect example of anti-heroes yet somehow, they always (in the end) turn out to be the good guys. Their quite antagonistic relationship with Nikita will drive you nuts sometimes but only if you don't understand the most important message of this show: it isn't about a single person and it never was - it is about protection of human kind and they do it marvelously, quite often at expense of their own happiness, family and personal lives.

I'm quite sad that show was cut short in 5th season. All actors did amazing job and I can't single any one of them - they all are my favorites.

even so long after show was cancelled I still enjoy watching it again and again. This is a rare jewel and should be cherished. I hope that my kids will like it one day as much as I do.
on 18 April 2004
I have never been so pleased to be able to get hold of something that I wanted for so long! I love La Femme Nikita, I have been following it on channel 5 until it stopped airing recently. Which is why I wanted to see if I could purchase any of the Seasons on DVD, I was so pleased to see that I could!
I sat in front of my computer for a long time watching quite a few episodes. This DVD is absolutely worth the money!!! The extras are really good also.
Like other customers I do have to say it's disappointing that these haven't come out in Region 2, I have to suffer back ache watching it at the computer, as it's the only DVD player in the house that's multi - regional!........It's worth it though....the back ache I mean.

And to any La Femme Nikita fans - buy this product, it's worth the money and the wait!
on 21 June 2004
As with other viewers I couldn't beleive that I could by season 1 on DVD. They are actualy releasing season 2 in America on 20th July and are now showing season 5! A good websie for fans is: [...] Here you can read about future episodes.
on 18 April 2013
In my opinion, there is only one Nikita. When Luc Bessons' Nikita with Anne Pariliaud came out, I was very impressed but Peta Wilsons Nikita is SO much better. On the other hand, I suggest buying both because they are worth the money.
on 18 April 2016
Thought it might seem a bit dated but it was just as enjoyable all these years down the line. The appeal of the characters is that they are credible. Glad I invested in the whole five series. The minimalist sets retain a contemporary feel and even the story-line has an up to date quality that shows the world's changed very little in the intervening years.
on 10 February 2004
Would have liked to have been able to buy the series if only they were compatable to the DVD players over here. If possibe would you be able to get hold of all series 1-5 am willing to pay for them. (Region 2)
on 7 April 2013
absoulutely loved the series and am thrilled to now have the first one on DVD.

Ultimate classic!!!!!!

Item arrived promptly and was well packaged. Ver pleased.
on 9 April 2009
Def one of my fav TV shows ever-if you love 24 and Alias you will go crazy for this- and what's with the complaints about it not being out on Region 2? -just get your dvd multi regioned guys! There are many great dvds that are only available Region 1. One question I have about this show-is Section One suppose to be based in Paris?