5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and essential protection for your PC
My ADSL comes in on a BT overhead phone line, I also use a dialup for a particular application.

Published on 16 Oct 2009 by R. F. Stevens

1.0 out of 5 stars so i am not happy at being
the amazon description claims it protects tel/fax/modern/cable or dsl moderm protection.
on receiving this product the makers box claims that the protection level is essential and it only
protects house appliances.belkins packaging shows advanced and extreme protection and i require
extreme protection for high technology equipment.amazons advert is...
Published 2 months ago by brian hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and essential protection for your PC, 16 Oct 2009
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Belkin SurgeMaster, 4-Way, Tel/Fax/Modem/Cable or DSL Modem Protection, 2m Cable (Electronics)

Before I had one of these Belkin units there was a lightning strike not far away and my ADSL modem/router, an ethernet hub, the dial-up modem and motherboard in this laptop, the dial-up modem and motherboard on my Amiga, and two cordless phones all died. Four of my immediate neighbours also suffered similar damage.

The laptop was repaired under warranty, BT replaced the master socket, ADSL modem/router, the ethernet hub and the phones, but the Amiga took me two months and a lot of grief to repair.

So the Belkin is the stable door locked after the horse has been struck by lightning. However, there have been two more strikes since I installed several Belkins, and my incoming phone line passes through the fused surge protection of one of them. All I needed to do was replace the Belkin with a spare, and get the damaged one exchanged under warranty. The other two neighbours required new computers and ADSL modems again after the second strike.

We all have proper protection now, as have all our friends, and the third strike, while more spectacular than either of the previous two, did none of us any damage apart from the fuses in the Belkins doing their job.

You cannot afford to be without something like this protection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would never buy an extension block without surge protection again, 27 Dec 2009
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have used Belkin surge protection for all of my electrical equipment for the last few years, having a mix of 4 and 8 way blocks, each with protection for additional cabling, which depending on the particular block may include phone lines, TV aerial etc.

Prior to getting that protection, I had seen what happens when lightning strikes a TV aerial when there is no protection in place - it isn't pretty. I had also seen the result on equipment of overhead power cables getting zapped and even what happened when a squirrel stretched between a live cable and something earthed.

Since I have had Belkin surge protection in place I have not suffered one piece of damaged equipment. Any time I buy an extension cable/block, I ensure it has surge protection. The small extra cost is worth it in the long run.

When buying, make sure that (a) the cable is long enough for both your current needs and likely future needs - I find 2 meters is quite limiting, (b) the extra protection (in terms of phone connectors etc) is the set that you need, (c) the insurance that Belkin include in the price is adequate for your use. It isn't an issue for this 4-way block, but if you buy an 8-way block, ensure that a couple of the sockets can rotate to allow larger plugs/adapters to be plugged in.

These Belkin blocks are excellent and are good value, but think about which one you really want before ordering.

1.0 out of 5 stars so i am not happy at being, 11 Oct 2014
extreme protection for high technology equipment.amazons advert is misleading or belkin have updated
their packaging.so i am not happy at being mislead

2.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Surgemaster 4-WAy, 31 May 2014
I wanted a surge protector with a modem plug but recieved one with a telephone plug which dose not do the job I wanted it to do

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Surgemaster 4 Way, 6 May 2014
Essential piece of equipment to protect PC and Modem. Cost via Amazon is less than high street for same item or a standard extension lead with 4 sockets, Excellent value

3.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT include cable to enable telephone / dsl protection !, 7 April 2014
Years ago I ought be of these and it came with the required cable (a cable with a BT plug at each end), but this did not come with any of the 3 units I bought. So now I need to spend another £4.99 to buy one.

Very disappointed. Don't know if Belkin don't include or seller removed to sell separately, but would ot buy the essential range again.

1.0 out of 5 stars May work fine but product description was unclear and this isnt the item I wanted, 7 Mar 2014
I wanted a surge protector suitable for my TV, BluRay player etc and chose this however only upon delivery and seeing the package did I discover that Belkin class this in their essential range and Belkin recommend it for kettles and microwaves. The advanced or extreme ranges are recommended for higher end technology but none of the Amazon product descriptions make it clear what one you are getting. The Amazon description refers to protecting TVs and computers but this product (according to the manufacturer) is not up to the job.

Product has been returned.

Come on Amazon - improve your product descriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value product, 13 Jun 2013
Purchased for our computers at work as we were worried any power cut or surge may damage our hardware. Good value and sturdy looking item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, 15 Mar 2013
Keeps my computer and printer safe. The 4 way plug points is great as the usual 6- way is quite a large item for home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 23 Jan 2013
Christopher Guest (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter when she went to University.

It connects her computer, printer, clock radio - and hair dryer.

What more can I say other than it does what it's supposed to.