1,857 Reviews
 (1,553)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - What a suck on this little cleaner
Published on 28 Nov 2005 by Alan, Cardiff

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a flaw
I love these hoovers with my last one lasting almost 15 years living through some serious abuse. Purchased this newer version and out the box was very pleased until I tried it on my carpets.

The main floor attachment that allows you to switch from hard wood floors to carpets does not hide the stiff brushes/bristles away sufficiently when in carpet mode. I found...
Published 22 months ago by S. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - What a suck on this little cleaner, 28 Nov 2005
This review is from: Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black (Kitchen & Home)
Had to replace my Dyson DC01 upright vacumm cleaner because it had lost suck, too heavy, was fed up with unblocking it and the main reason being I don't have many carpeted rooms any more. Considered the Dyson DC08/11 but were too complex and as everyone gave the Henry a 5 star it had to be the smiling red one. Cheaper aswell! Can't recommend this enough - never have my nooks and crannies been so clean. Sucks up every thing even bits of paper with ease. Good qualtity tools, a metal pole that is very sturdy and it is so easy to store away with its wind-up cable. Forget the "no loss of suction" claim from Dyson, this Henry has bags of it. Very happy - 5 out of 5. ps - the other good point about Henry are the bags - £5 for 10 and your don't get covered with dust when you exchange like my old Dyson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry's just keep on going!, 25 July 2005
A. Cumming "cummingam" (St.Albans) - See all my reviews
My first (but not last!) Henry has just died after 20 years loyal service. During which time he has taken several knocks and falls that would have destroyed (or at least severally damaged) most other machines. He has managed to consume huge amount of builders related mess as well as normal household dust and items! The dust bag is twice the size found in a lot of other machines, so hardly ever needs changing; plus the machine may be operated without a dust bag if required.
Thus I have no hesitation in giving this machine a 5 star rating.
At the start of the year the model was upgraded to HVR200-22 (i.e. the one Amazon is currently selling). Beware many companies are still trying to sell the old 1100w version - hence their 'special / promotional' prices!
N.B the 'R' in HVR200-22 stands for Red. The machine is also available in Blue, Green and Yellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little chap, 21 Sep 2006
T (England) - See all my reviews
I was fed up with carrying my old heavy hoover up and down the stairs, unclogging the rotating brush head, various parts breaking and above all; losing suction... it was my second Dyson... I read reviews before purchasing a new vacuum and was impressed by the reviews on 'Henry.' I can honestly say what a superb piece of machinery. 'Henry's compact, cute and super efficient. The two hoses together now means not having to balance the hoover against my shins on the stairs to reach the last few. The long lead also means not having to unplug it from downstairs to use upstairs (only a minor point, but still a plus). The suction is incredible, my house has never looked better. It's now a joy to vacuum and I have recommended 'Henry' to my family. I cannot praise 'Henry' enough. Go on, treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shear Brilliance, 21 Mar 2006
By A Customer
Forget Dyson. Forget Hoover. Forget Nilfisk. Forget the rest. This is the best vacumn cleaner on the market. I have one myself and will have no other. We use them on building sites to clean up after working. They lift concrete dust, wood shavings, sawdust and soot, no problem. Tough and small they are indestructable!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hetty vacuum, 13 April 2010
Hi there. After reading all the reviews on here after I broke my old vacuum cleaner, I bought a Hetty. It is exactly the same as Henry but is pink with eyelashes. I chose it because I didn't want to spend more than £100 but after years of cheap and useless machines I should find something which will actually work. I became slightly obsessed with finding the "right" vacuum and even signed up to which? where I discovered that I wouldn't get much for under £180. For days I trawled internet sites looking for my dream machine when I saw the lady who cleans the communal areas of our block dragging a Henry through the car park on his head. He didn't seem to mind and when i asked her if he was any good, she raved for about 10 minutes about how she would never use anything else. I later asked around my office and found that a few peeps swore by Dysons but others raved about Henry. I bit the bullet and bought Hetty from a small company (she was cheaper than the amazon price) and waited with baited breath.

I live in a rented flat with cream carpets which I have just shampooed ready for my boyfriend to move in. I figured they were pretty clean although they'd got a bit dusty and fluffy in the week since my old hoover broke. As soon as Hetty arrived I put her together and gave the flat a good going over. I have laminate, lino and carpets and she was brilliant on all of them. I used the Hi power setting a few times but it lifted the carpet right off the floor so I went back the normal setting and it was still really effective. There were a few spots where I'd moved furniture and the pile was flat. I used Hetty on Hi setting using just the end of the hose and it picked the pile up a treat.

I did noticed that when I pushed the lever to use the brushes on my carpet, it didn't really work. The brushes seemed to velcro themselves to my carpet and it was impossible to move the vacuum head back and forwards. So far this hasn't been a problem as it does the job really well without using the brushes.

After using it I couldn't resist having a look to see how much it had picked up. I was truly disgusted when I looked in the bag. Loads of grey muck and dust which was pretty grim given that I thought my newly shapooed carpet were lookin good.

The hose is nice and long so in a smallish flat like mine I don't seem to be tugging it around all the time and the cable is dead long so I can do all of my rooms from one socket. The piece de resistance is the little pink shopper that came with Hetty to put all the brushes and tools in. I had a quick go with the tools and they were brilliant on skirting boards and coving. I have been really impressed with this vacuum and would recommened it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT DESIGN FOR SUCTION, 27 Mar 2009
My experience is with the Hetty 200A with the tritex filter.

I have not seen a review which mentions the suction efficiency of this cleaner.
From this point of view the design is much better than most vacuums because:
1/ the bag is very large and suction acts over a wide area
2/ suction takes place from higher than the bottom of the bag so that as dust is sucked in the dust settles at the bottom of the bag leaving the air inflow unblocked.
This is different from most vacs which tend to block as dust is sucked in, because the dust settles above the air inflow.
This is why a 1200w motor is more than enough for this vacuum - other vacs need more power to compensate for their bad design and of course it means that it is cheaper to run.

The bags, besides being large, are cheap to buy and are economical (ebay).

The filtering is very good also - again with a good large filter, much better than most vacuums with their totally inadequate filtering, which tend to let through the finer dust and blow it out continually.

I am impressed with it.

Bad points:
1/ Rather basic tools, with crude push in fittings (no latches), no telescopic tube. However, they do work OK.
2/ Higher centre of gravity so may not be quite so maneuverable as other 'low' cylinder vacs.
Despite these, I still recommend it because of the very good basic design.

Some people say this is not good on carpets.
I have not found that to be a problem, but I suggest you try to investigate this point before buying.

I bought a Miele (recommended by Which), before buying this. It packed in after not very much use.
The Miele was very flimsy and unimpressive (see my review on Amazon). I don't bother with Which reports now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phenomenom!, 15 May 2006
William Fewings (W. Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
After a marriage of more than half a century my wife now has a new man in her life! His name is Henry. This little fellow follows her around as she cleans and I swear I hear him humming with pleasure! Ah! yet seriously...this cleamer is a phenomenon! Over the years my wife and I have owned a variety of vacuum cleaners - Bosch, Electrolux, Hoover and others - and I can honestly say that nothing has compared with the brilliant fuss-free efficiency of this little marvel. Before Henry our most recent purchase was a Hoover bagless cleaner. This proved a complete disaster. Our search for a replacement then began and so it was that Henry came into our lives. My wife never ceases to extol his virtues...and I am quite fond of the little fellow myself! For the best vac available today, and at a price that makes some others look silly, look no further than a Henry. I am confident you will never regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars delighted, 4 May 2007
At last the vacuum I've been looking for! I have owned several Dyson

(mine ALWAYS lost their suction), Panasonics, Hoovers, VAX - you name it and have always been dissapointed for one reason or another. This product is excellent - its lightweight enough to carry up and down stairs without any strain and has a good carry handle and cord rewind mechanism. It is very quiet on low and high suction - I've found low suction is perfectly adepquate for our carpets. The long handle avoids any back strain and it is MUCH easier to manouvre around all the edges than an upright. Why oh why didn't I buy one of these earlier! Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray Henry!, 5 Mar 2007
D. J. Toal (uk) - See all my reviews
After two expensive, 'no loss of suction' Dysons (one bought for £300 and another inherited) i've just about had enough of them. The only things that they suck are the poor consumers out there that are brainwashed with their clever marketing tricks. The suction isn't any better than a £50 budget vacuum and even that gets worse in time. Within 12 months of average use its suction is awful. They are also heavy and cost a fortune to mend when they break, which happens too often.

I have now skipped my Dyson's and recently opted for a Henry as I had read some really good stuff about them in the past. I always see builders, cleaners and hotels with them and then I read the great reviews on Amazon. I ordered one based on these factors - especially the Amazon reviews.

I was so excited when it arrived and I can't begin to tell you all what a delight it is to use. It shoots around my tile floors with such ease and the hose bends every which way to get around corners and under beds and furniture without having to add on more tools. The suction is fantastic too and if you think cyclinders are hard to push (as I thought previously) it isn't the case with Henry. The hose is so lightweight and it moves with such ease that it's a doddle.

I believe Numatic the manufacturers are missing something in terms of marketing here. If everyone knew how good these Henrys really were then I'm confident it would become the market leader in no time, way out doing any of the 'frauds' currently available out there. At least I have one now while I'm still young enough to enjoy it!

Buy one. You won't be dissapointed, trust me. It's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 1 Aug 2005
After years of getting the Dyson fixed, spending over twice the original cost in the process l decided to look elsewhere. We needed something robust and not just a pretty design with pretty colours. We plumped for the HEnry after reading all the reviews. It does exactly what it says on the box. l have the latest model and it sucks like no other hoover. It is robust, the bags seems to last forever .... well several weeks at least. The bags are 3 times the size of your standard bagged vacuum and they are cheap! If you want additional filtration you can by an extra filter from Numatic (Or buy the Henry Micro which is exactly the same except is has this filter along with better filtering bags). Overall l am extremely impressed with this Hoover and highly recommend it.