‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Portable Television, 27 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Philips 14PT2666 14" Nicam Portable TV with FM radio (Electronics)
This TV is a very good buy. The features are excellent, especially the surround sound. When I bought it, I was looking for a good quality portable television. This is exactly what I got. I think you should defianatly buy this tele, as you will NOT be disssapointed with what you get!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PORTABLE TV ON THE MARKET, 21 July 2004
PHILIP J TRANTER (Blackpool,England) - See all my reviews
This excellent television was dispatched by Amazon on Monday evening and I received it very early Tuesday morning. I switched it on and within two minutes, it had tuned in all the TV programmes automatically. The sound and picture are both superb quality for a portable TV and the list if features is very impressive.NSTC playback is a handy feature as my son wanted to play Region 1 DVD's on his Playstation 2. Superb buy and I would recommend everyone to pay a little extra money for the extra quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality at exceptionally low price, 26 Aug 2004
For a penny short of 90 you will not find a better TV. Excellent build quality as you would expect from Philips and so easy to set up it finds all the available channels (inc Sky) and sorts them into the right order within seconds. Nicam on a portable is a rarity but you notice the difference. Picture quality is also very good. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money as a second set, 28 Oct 2003
By A Customer
A good quality set, wider than some other 14" TVs due to the stereo speakers on either side of the screen. Pity that the connectors at the front of the screen weren't hidden by a small panel - they detract from the set.
Picture is good, with rich colours. Oddly, it takes 10 or 15 seconds to react to being turned on - you're not sure you've turned it on. The FM radio does the job very nicely, and means you don't need a radio and a TV.
The much touted enhanced stereo mode I found to be very disconcerting and not pleasant to listen to, but perhaps that's just me. The standard stereo is more "normal". The set also allows for "Enhanced 4:3" to get rid of the black bars at the top of widescreen transmissions.
All in all, a TV with those extra features to set it apart from the normal cheaper 14" TVs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A totally sound purchase, 28 April 2004
As soon as I got it out of the box and plugged it in, the auto set-upfeature took over and I was watching programmes within minutes. This TVconstantly surprises me everytime I use it. The Incredible Surroundfeature coupled with Nicam Stereo sets it apart from other televisions. Atfirst the Surround Sound feature can be a bit disconcerting with soundreally coming at you from behind (how they do it i don't know, but itworks!) but you soon get used to it. The picture quality is fantastic, farbetter than I expected. All in all a fantastic TV with a huge array offeatures that really enhance TV watching.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best portable telly on the market?, 24 Aug 2004
By A Customer
Sound is good for a set this size - nice and loud, not tinny but not EXTREMELY deep bass either.
Picture is bright - i have contrast and colour down low, but the picture is still too bright for me I'd say especially when using a digibox (SCART1 RGB).
Quality of the radio is good for occassional use but not fantastic for music - but for that buy a Hi-Fi!
Remote sits nicely in the hand.
Television tuner seems to give the best picture with the weakest of signals - the picture was watchable with the small loop style aerial supplied for true "portability".
My only small complaint is the fact of how curved the screen is. I expected it to be a little flatter I must say. I think it's proberly a visual illusion because the cabinet is so big to house those two big speakers - which enhance the appeared "curve" of the screen/tube.
I paid 90. Ok I could get a 14" for 60 or so but this is well worth the extra money. I plan to take this with me into student accomodation, I wanted stereo sound - my only other alternative was a really cheap tacky 100 21" NICAM - which would be too big.
And if there is one this TV is not - it's not tacky. Everything is well presented and well finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Little TV, 4 Feb 2005
Wow, this is one stunning little TV, has all the features you get on a big TV, but all this, is in such a small TV its amazing.. The picture quality is sharp and bright, my eyes are still adjusting to the colours, the sound quality from this TV is superb, no tinny sounds, nice balanced sound. All in All i would recommend this TV anyone, simply stunning for the price and size of the unit, and perfect for a small room or even a kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicam on a portable!!!!!!!, 13 Jan 2004
Having spent 10 years with a standard mono portable, this was a revelation. I had been planning on going budget to replace my old set but was attracted by the list of features on the Philips set, i am not dissapointed in the slightest. The picture is a good as you will get on a portable and the sound is top notch. Having said that the 'incredible surround' feature is a bit disconcerting and not all that pleasant to listen to. The radio is great and simple to use. On the box it says 'plug and play' and it means it. I had it out the box plugged in and was flicking through channels within five minutes. This is worth every penny, no question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Price for a Excellent TV, 2 Nov 2004
It has a very good picture with just the aerial which came with the tv. The sound quality is excellent for a portable. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent value for money, 21 Sep 2004
By A Customer
What can i say. I ordered the telly on tueday and it arrived on friday, free delivery! The televison is exellent, its true, you get what you pay for only in this case, we never paid very much! Can not fault the picture or sound quality,and it looks nice too. It only took, at the most 2 minutes to tune in. We did think about buying a 99 tv/dvd as thought it would be better value, but for quality and satisfaction we are glad we never. Would recommend, 35 cheaper than the shops as well!Unfortunatly we have no need to buy another one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›