5.0 out of 5 stars A real motivator!
I have been out of home fitness for some time whilst having children. Having had 3 children, I need to get back into it again and seriously lose weight. I have done the R C diet and exercise before so decided upon this exercise program to give me a boost start. It has certainly done that. The exercise is done by ordinary people to good "boppy" music, and is good fun...
Published on 23 Sep 2004 by ratomemma

3.0 out of 5 stars Good For Beginners Only
I am a fan of Rosemary Conley and own several of her DVDs, but much as I hate to say it, I was disappointed with this one. The aerobic section was billed as 35 minutes, but once you have warmed up and completed a rather longer cool down than Conley usually offers, you are only doing about 20 minutes of aerobic exercise.
The moves will be familier to anyone who has...
Published on 16 Jun 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jan 2003
O. Doyle "celticshedevil" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is one of the first fitness videos I've bought but certainly one of the most enjoyable. The time just flys by and I've done my aerobic exercises before I know it. By the end of it I've worked up quite a sweat too which proves I've been working hard.
I like the fact that there are 'real women' working at different fitness levels so that I can up the pace if I'm finding it too easy but I can drop the pace if I'm finding it too tough. Rosemary is great at explaining the exercises and really gives you encouragement.
Through her diet and fitness videos I've already lost 12lbs and I don't even feel like I'm on diet. It's a brilliant video and definitely gives results. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you energy doesn't take it away, 4 Mar 2004
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is an excellent way to loose weight and tone up your body without completely exhausting yourself. Even after my first work out session I felt like I had been given energy rather than had energy taken away from me. Rosemarys commentary on how much weight her back ground clients have lost is inspiring and as each client works at a different level it means that you can follow the work out that you feel able to complete, and even if you have not exercised for many years you can work at a reasonable pace. Rosemary Collins has over 30 years experience in the field of fitness and weight loss which means that you are in safe hands of a professional who knows what she is doing rather than a celebrity who has no experience in this area. The DVD allows you to do your exercising when you want, during the hour when your children are having a nap for example or after the morning school run it means no time wasted travelling to and from the gym and no high gym fees but it does mean that the results you see are just as profitable as those you would experience in a top of the range fitness centre. All of which adds up to a professional profitable and energetic DVD which is useful to anyone, from parents trying to loose weight to young adults who simply want to stay fit and avoid becoming couch potatoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something for unfit people to build up their fitness, 7 May 2005
Simon Young "bizperson" (North East, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
Very useful for someone who is unfit, elderly or pregnant. These are less strenous workouts than the usual fitness video. I prefer the toning section and it has certainly toned my body. I would not recommend it for the superfit though who are looking to push their bodies to the limits. I have used this video at least 20 times so far. Far more than I have used any other fitness video. Because I am young I want to push myself a bit further, so now I am fit from using this video, I think it is time to move onto the next fitness level with a more strenous workout. I'll keep this in my bottom drawer in case I lose my fitness again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Beginners!, 15 Oct 2003
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD 10 days ago, feeling very unfit. In the past I have been to aerobics classes but never trusted a video, as I wasn't sure you get the same quality of workout as you do with an aerobics instructor in a "proper" class.
However, I found that Rosemary Conley knows her stuff, and the video gives clear information as to why any particular activity is being done (e.g. "this is particularly good for toning the hips"). I have already noticed an increase in my fitness level, as well as a measurable reduction in hips / waist size.
Rosemary Conley is not gimmicky - the exercises are set to boppy music, but the real reason to buy this is that you can feel confident that you are being instructed by a fitness expert.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great aerobics session for beginners and intermediates, 23 Mar 2007
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I have several fitness DVDs and this is the only one that I continue to use today. I bought this in 2004, I just wanted some kind of aerobics dvd that wasnt too fast, but could get your heart pumping, as I didnt have the confidence to go to a class. I am a big girl but enjoy exercise when its like this - dance aerobics were the moves are fun to do and easy to learn.

In the last month I have also got my Mum doing this with me on a weekend. She is in her late 40s and hasnt done any exercise in 20 years and she loves this too, cos she can have a laugh and keep resting if and when she wants to. We both particluarly like how it gives you the options of following the beginner, intermediate and advanced version of the workout (by following a particular backing dancer), so Mum can follow the beginner and I can follow the intermediate. Plus you can progress if you get fitter.

The music is a little dated (mid-late nineties), but its fun to hear them again. I do it twice a week, so it isnt overly irratating yet ha ha.

I dont know how challenging it would be for advanced people who are quite fit (I dont think they would be buying this if they were anyway!), but the option is there with the 2 advanced dancers in the background, and with all the bouncing round they do its certainly draining to watch them!

But I couldnt recommend it enough for someone beginner-intermediate who just wants to have a bit of fun while getting a good all round work out.

Oh and the chair exercise in section 3 is also very good for people with limited mobility or in wheelchairs. My Mum's a support worker and has taught all her wheelchair users who want to get fit the moves she has learnt - so its great for everyone. And at such a good price, you can't lose! Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to get in shape in less time, 11 Jan 2002
By A Customer
I bought this video as I don't have time to exercise for an hour a day. There are 3 sections: a 35 minute aerobics section which is suitable for all levels. A 20 minute toning section and an aerobics session using a chair for people with limited mobility. The aerobics route is particularly good - varied and energetic.
You can alternate the aerobics with the toning on alternate days if you are short of time like me. I think this is Rosemary's best video yet - shame it's going to be her last one!
I recommend this particularly to begineers like myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary Conley's best yet, November 2002, 29 Nov 2002
By A Customer
I have a number of Rosemary Conley videos as I find her presentation and moves easy to follow, even the first time around. Her videos are very inspirational as she uses "real" women working out at beginners', intermediate and advanced levels, so you can progress in fitness. Not only is Rosemary herself an inspiration physically, she's pleasant to listen to and a great motivator.
This is the best video yet, as I enjoy all the moves and the music and find the thirty minute aerobic workout just right. On some days I also include the 20 minute body toning section, which had me aching the first few times. As I spend most of the day hunched in front of a computer screen, the ten-minute "Chest and Upper Back Section" of her "New Body by Design" video is a great addition to any workout to unknot shoulder and neck tension.
Pity this is Rosemary's last video as I haven't found any others I like better.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT Too easy, 25 Aug 2004
By A Customer
I'm sorry but I don't know what planet people are from that call this one too easy to do. I have been working out regularly, so I am a very fit 25 year old woman. This one made me really knackered. If you really go for it at the highest level (I agree that the lower levels will not make you break a sweat) you will feel the burn and see result. I really like Rosemary Connely and own most of her vids and this is one is one of her best. No fakeness and no cheasy encouragement. Just good old aerobics and toning with real women who have used this vid and lost loads of weight and become really fit. They look fab

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners!, 30 Dec 2005
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD to shape up after the christmas holidays. I have only tried it once but i thought it was great. It is easy to follow and there are about 4 women with Rosemary so you can follow the one doing the workout at your preferred level, i.e beginner orexpert level the women with her are normal people who have lost weight and toned up with the help of Rosemary and i found it a help to see how they've been able to achieve it and how much weight they have lost compared to a workout where there are lots of skinny dancers who just do it for the fun of it and to make money.
the routines are quite easy to follow but sometimes i lost my co-ordination and couldn't keep up with what they were doing, although i was following the slowest one!, but its easy to get back into the rhythm of it and you can always re-do some of the exercises you've already done until you get the co-ordination to carry on.
the stretching and toning is good but again there is the co-ordination factor and at one point you are told to place your face downwards but you also need to look at the tv which is hard and she does mention it but i suppose once you've done it a few times you won't need to look at the tv anymore.
there is also a section for those who have limited accessibility, i haven't done this workout but if its like the rest of the dvd i would think that its also great.
Overall the DVD is good and easy to follow the only thing is that the music might get annoying if you did this regularly but other than that its fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars You really do lose weight!, 13 April 2008
Mrs. C. A. Godber (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I tried everything to get my weight down, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, I even signed up with the local gym. Nothing worked, but now, wow, I've lost just under a stone in four weeks. I have never used a fitness video before and just did the workouts, two or three times a week, but when I saw how much weight I was losing, I do the exercises every day. The video is easy to follow and has a clock so you know how much time is left. For me this really works. I hope it works the same for you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›