5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious!
This boxed collection of dvds contains all of Norman Wisdom's greatest films.The films capture the genius of one of Britains'finest ever comics at his peak in the fifties and the early sixties.They are true comic gems which will having you laughing for a long time to come!
If you enjoy slapstick visual humour at its best then buy this dvd collection!
Published on 1 Mar 2005 by alexitaliauno

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Norman Wisdom collection
Very good collection of Norman Wisdom's best films and I am encouraged to buy the more collections. Really funny films.
Published 3 months ago by JC SLARK

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious!, 1 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
If you enjoy slapstick visual humour at its best then buy this dvd collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars too funny for words, 28 July 2006
Ms. A. A. Dewane "ame" (hertfordshire/exmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
norman wisdom/pitkin/shields...whichever character he is playing, norman has kept me in stitches for as long as i can remember. im 20 years old and since being a young child my sister and dad have watched every single film over and over again. none of the laughter has ever run out and he still continues to have me in stitches every single time. i would definitely recommend this box set to anyone who is already a fan or wants to know why he is a comedy favourite of so many. "A Stitch in Time", "On the Beat" and "Up in the World" (a.k.a the window cleaner one!) are amongst my favourites but seriously, they are all the work of a truly legendary comic genius. enjoy....

5.0 out of 5 stars Norman Wisdom, 15 Oct 2005
MICHAEL (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
What more can one say about Norman Wisdom. Its all been said before. He's my childhood and adult all time favourite. What a comedian/actor/singer/musican. Norman has got it all and anyone who see's this genious working just has to admire his honesty in his work. When I think of how easy it is now for actors to make it to the top, I think of how hard it was for Norman Wisdom trudging the streets looking for work and having to prove himself with the rest of the up and coming stars of his younger days. Well done Norman your a STAR.
Regards Michael Clowes ( Birmingham )

5.0 out of 5 stars norman .....norman, 16 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
what can i say other than amazing putting 12 of normans best films onto 6 dvds all in one box set. with super guest appearances leslie phillips hatie jaques charles halwtry just to name a few, you dont need special effects here remember when people used dumbies to stand in for someone i.e out of the window or tied to a runaway lawnmower..it says classic british comedy on the cover and thats excactly what you get, all these films are as funny now as they where back in the 50's and 60's.their mainly in black and white but theirs a couple in colour..the film titles are..the early bird,,on the beat,,man of the moment,,press for time,,just my luck,,a stitch in time,,the square peg,,follow a star,,trouble in store,,up in the world,,one good turn,,the bulldog breed,,trouble in store,,up in the world..go on mr grimsdale..great titles great box set..fill your dvd collection up quickly with these..

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 10 Oct 2010
I have been a fan or Norman Wisdom all my life, A few years ago i was on the Isle Of man working as a tour guide, we stopped outside Normans house just as Norman was coming out, how good was that and the local guide we had on board the coach said " come on over Norman and just have a few words with the people, he bounced on the coach spoke with me for a few minutes and was of, what a great guy, memories. on return to the Uk I wrote just saying thanks, I addresed the envelope to Sir Norman Wisdom, Isle of Man, just a weeke later I had a reply, it is now framed in my office.

The collections is superb, every fan should buy it, and what a good price, quality is excellent.

Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and good value if your a norman fan, 24 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Would not hesitate to recommend this box set. Have seen 10 out of 12 of the set and laughed so much.. I recommend them if you like Norman Wisdom, well you must do or you wouldn't be reading these reviews. You won't regret buying especially at this silly price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Brits Know How To Make You Laugh!, 13 Jun 2010
Stephen Blyth (Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
I have always had a soft spot for Pitkin (One of the character names), letting his horse sleep in his bed... god what a hoot. The little fellow is constantly irritating to the ever irascible Mr. Grimsdale. The pair of them even end up in hospital due to Normans shenanigans.
I'm an Aussie by birth but i grew up English i reckon, due to the amount of quality programming on our telly's every weekend and some weeknights, my dad loved American stuff like M.A.S.H and Hogan's Heroes, but for me, well it just had to be Norman wisdom and Basil Brush and even Catweazle. I've near sent myself broke trying to obtain all the shows/ films i loved as a little fella.

Some of my faves are on the top qaulity DVD's in this set:

The Early Bird; Norman delivers milk for Grimsdales Dairy, Consolidated Dairys wants to take their run but Normans not having it.

A Stitch In Time; Norman wants to help a little girl in hospital and Mr. Grimsdales in for helping as well as for trouble.

Darn it all, i have a hankering to watch them all again now.
Whether it's betting to get money to impress a girl, getting a peddle car for a little boy in an orphanage about to be torn down, cleaning the windows of a huge manor house or running foul of his gangster double, if Normans having a crack at the Germans or getting around in his Dads size extra large police uniform you just know he will muck it up. He will impress, beguile and stun you with his capers but at the end of it all he is just a little bloke trying to get ahead and that finally is what appeals to us all.

We see a little bit of ourselves in his antics and we are able to laugh at ourselves.

Sir Norman Wisdom is an absolute legend and England is lucky to have him, send him down for a visit. ;]

5.0 out of 5 stars Norman Wisdom, 9 Dec 2004
RICHARD BURY (DARWEN, LANCASHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] (DVD)
These films are so funny they should come with a health warning, I laughed so mutch it hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Clown Prince of Comedy!, 16 Oct 2010
Brilliant! Great family entertainment of the highest order. Don't hesitate to buy this. The box contains so many of Norman Wisdom's films, it's superb value. Nobody is too young to understand this comedy and nobody is so old that Norman can't push their funny buttons and double them up with laughter. I bought this as a gift for my son's 15th birthday and he loves it. I love it too. What's the odds of putting a movie on the DVD that everyone in the family wants to see and truly enjoy's? With this box about 100%

In short, if you like to laugh, and if you like to laugh in the company of others, do buy it!

And oh, by the way, because I know some people (those serious folk who need Norman most haha!) can be cynical, I shall state for the record that I'm an ordinary joe public, with nothing whatsoever to gain from this review beyond a humble attemp to share the joy. I hope it helps you to make your mind up :-)))))

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for all ages, 28 Sep 2009
I have just introduced my Grandson to the one and only Norman Wisdom, he saw one of his films on TV and really enjoyed it, it was great to see him enjoying something so much. I ordered the collection and we have sat and watched everyone, this is now 4 generations in my family that have seen these DVD and all have rated them 12/10.

The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD]
The Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD] by John Paddy Carstairs (DVD - 2003)
44.98