Format: Baby Product|Change

on 22 April 2003
When Elise was born, we got the family skwish, which has been in the family for over eight years now, as a welcome present. Although it has been used by 3 kids before her, it still looks and works as new. She enjoys it tremendously, it is one of her favourites. From the first weeks when it was lying beside her in her crib because she liked to watch the colours until today: now she's 6 months and the fun thing about skwish is that it is so easy to grab for her little hands. We like it as well, because it is nicely made and fun to handle, so when she isn't playing, we sometimes play with it. It will certainly be used for a long time, and after Elise her siblings or cousins will continue to enjoy this fabulous toy!
on 19 January 2014
The Skwish is just wonderful, bright and light, easy for a 4 month old to hold and pass between hands, I even love the sound that the little wooden beads made sliding around. Something akin to a very quiet wooden wind chime. Baby even uses it with her feet, we thread soft toys through it, we roll it but it doesn't go too far which makes it ideal for baby to start reaching for. Encouraging learning to roll and tummy time. It gets chewed but because of the elastics cannot go far into the mouth. The person who designed this is a genius.
Obviously a classic baby toy. So much to enjoy and discover when using it.
on 22 December 2015
really well made, paint didn't chip even with toddler chewing, copes well being stretched and squashed and thrown about - elastic hasn't snapped or frayed despite use for over a year - only downside is that adults seem to enjoy it as a stress toy more than the kids who don't seem to know what to do with it - possibly better for older kids but toddlers are not that interested beyond chewing it
on 6 November 2010
Works particularly well for my disabled son who is working on his grasp - doesn't immediately fall out of his hand if he loosens his grip.
on 12 July 2014
I love wooden toys but its hard to find safe ones for little babies , this is great , i wouldnt use from newborn but was great from 3 monts , my little one loves shaking and chewing on it!
Loubie
on 11 May 2011
A lovely gift or toy for your baby. My little girl is 4 months old and reaching and grabbing things, another friend had one of these and thought we would get one. She loves it, there are so many places to grab hold and put in her mouth, it makes noise whenever it is turned and the moveable knots keep her attention as she plays with it. Even when it is thrown across the room through excitement it just bounces. I don't leave home without it, it goes in the car or pram and keeps her entertained.
Would definitely recommend and will be buying as a gift for my pregnant friends!
on 19 December 2009
I got the 'Skwish' for our baby several months ago when he was learning to reach out and try to grab things. It was great because there were lots of opportunities for him to succeed in getting a grip--on the many elastic cords and wooden bars--and then it made a pleasant rattle sounds if he managed to hang on long enough to bang it around. Several months on, he still like to bang it around and we still find the sound pleasant. He hasn't discovered the 'skwish-ing' aspect of it yet, but I expect he'll enjoy that too. If so, I'll increase my stars to *5*.
on 2 August 2014
I was bought this for my son when he was first born. I would not have chosen it myself, and was so happily surprised as this turned out to be my son's favourite baby toy. Although it is quite big, it is very light and easy for a baby to grab with the thin elastic parts. It was the first toy that my son was able to pick up. It has a lot of uses, because a baby cab shake it and squeeze it flat and it makes a lovely clunky wooden sound when you shake it. I love it so much that when my friend had a baby, it was one of the few things that I bought for her.
on 26 November 2013
A must have for babies, easy to grab and perfect for fine motricity skills
I hope it'll last forever!
the package it came in was disappointing though
on 30 November 2011
This great quality wooden toy was given as a present to our son who absolutely loved it as a baby. It has been sucked at and thrown about many times but still looks brand new. Babies can easily grab it as it is very light. When teething, they can relieve their gum pain on the brightly-coloured balls without any paint coming off. Some of the balls slide, making a satisfying sound which is not at all annoying for parents. Will get one for my friend's newborn.

See one answered question