5.0 out of 5 stars Vor Sprung... Ooops! Still, Great Cooker!!
I got this pressure cooker to replace my old faithful prestige (Circa 1956..) because I couldnt get hold of the rubber gaskets any more.. So no stranger to pressure cooking I was pretty sure of what I was looking for and read many reviews about other later prestige products and some other manufacturers too.. Hoping for a better quality range I was sadly disapointed...
Published on 5 Mar 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the potential crack
I have the WMF 6.5 litre perfect ultra - a great machine initially, but after 18 months of what I can only describe as light use, two hairline cracks developed in the top end of the detachable plastic part of the handle - so no more pressure. Very disappointing after so little time in what I hoped would have been the Rolls Royce of pressure cookers - and hugely expensive...
Published on 17 Nov 2009 by Liz

‹ Previous | 17 8 914 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect plus pressure cooker, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: WMF Perfect Plus Pressure Cooker 6.5ltr 22cm diameter 18/10 stainless steel (Kitchen & Home)
good buy well worth the money takes geting use to the pressure rings to keep the right pressure but then your on your way happy cooking

5.0 out of 5 stars XLarge pressure cooker, 2 Oct 2010
Fantastic pressure cooker suitable for large family. Secure lock and no spillage outsides as well as being easy to control temperature. One of best things I have ever bought and makes homemade soup in a flash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 6 April 2010
This is soooo easy to use, I have always been terrified of pressure cookers but this one is safe and easy to use. One thing though - I wish it came with a simple cookery book, you have to buy one seperately!
Have made Brilliant Brisket, Souper soup and Stupendous Stew, more to come!!!!! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the reviews say, 4 Jan 2010
A. Morgan (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this pressure cooker just before Xmas, after the handle broke off my antique Prestige cooker. This is an extremely quiet efficient cooker. Have used it several times already and very pleased and feel at the moment that it was worth paying the extra over the Prestige and Tower alternatives. Hoping that it lasts as long as my previous cooker and that parts are always available in years to come. Only negative point would be for anyone buying a pressure cooker for the first time as there is not a recipe book, cooking charts, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!! Brilliant once you learn how..., 15 Nov 2009
S. Chauhan (UK) - See all my reviews
This pressure cooker is well worth the money as a lifetime investment. You really do need to learn about pressure cooker as a method before trying new recipes in this beauty, however once you get your head around the times etc...you will be more than happy with the outcome!

I cook a lot of curries that sometimes take over an hour to finish, however now I can get them done in half the time which is brilliant for my busy schedule. I need to venture out a little more and try new recipes but for now...I am 'well pleased!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Prone to lose pressure, 1 Dec 2011
I have been using this pressure cooker for nearly two years. Mostly it works very well but in about one in three of four uses it loses pressure through the safety seal on the rim. This is not due to the pressure getting too high. It seems to be a design fault born of excessive caution. That means I have to de-pressurize and start again. When I buy another pressure cooker I will be trying another brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars The seal keeps breaking, 29 April 2010
T. Jones "unhappywithcooker" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
So bought this pressure cooker at the end of 09, since then without using to toch I'm finding that a small rubber seal that is used to control the pressure in the cooker keeps breaking, I'm now onto my third of these.
Though initial reports from the cooker were good it has gone down hill rapidly since we first used it,
I have contacted the manufacturers and they say there is little they can do and that these seals should last years, by my reckoning they go after about 15 to 20 uses, so if you are only planning to use this cooker about 10 times a year then this is the perfect option for you otherwise I would think twice

4.0 out of 5 stars great improvement, 28 Dec 2009
We have an induction hob so I bought this to replace an aluminium Prestige Hi Dome, which had given good service for many years. I read the reviews on this model and have not been disappointed. Comes to pressure quickly and is very quiet in use, much better than the old Prestige. I do think that the instructions are not sufficient for a first time pressure cooker user, no proper recipe book, which the Prestige had. Overall though, I have been impressed and think this cooker well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014