5.0 out of 5 stars Vor Sprung... Ooops! Still, Great Cooker!!
I got this pressure cooker to replace my old faithful prestige (Circa 1956..) because I couldnt get hold of the rubber gaskets any more.. So no stranger to pressure cooking I was pretty sure of what I was looking for and read many reviews about other later prestige products and some other manufacturers too.. Hoping for a better quality range I was sadly disapointed...
Published on 5 Mar. 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the potential crack
I have the WMF 6.5 litre perfect ultra - a great machine initially, but after 18 months of what I can only describe as light use, two hairline cracks developed in the top end of the detachable plastic part of the handle - so no more pressure. Very disappointing after so little time in what I hoped would have been the Rolls Royce of pressure cookers - and hugely expensive...
Published on 17 Nov. 2009 by Liz

‹ Previous | 17 8 917 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live without this?, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: WMF Perfect Plus Pressure Cooker 6.5ltr 22cm diameter 18/10 stainless steel (Kitchen & Home)
Just brilliant. I was brought up with pressure cookers in my mum's kitchen but HATED them because of that screeching whistling sound. So 20 years into running my own kitchen, and with technology having changed, I buy my first pressure cooker. It's just amazing and I'm wondering how I lived without it. For beans,dals/lentils and meat there's nothing to match it. These time consuming foods are cooked really quickly and with a wonderful silky texture, meat falling off the bone. Even rice comes out really well. I just wish they had a recipe book though - because if you don't have a mom who you refer to for cooking times and basic techniques, you will struggle with it. That's a really big drawback of this product. I think their service is also really good because my handle developed some cracks spontaneously in the first few weeks and I wrote to them and they sent me a free replacement in a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 6 April 2010
This is soooo easy to use, I have always been terrified of pressure cookers but this one is safe and easy to use. One thing though - I wish it came with a simple cookery book, you have to buy one seperately!
Have made Brilliant Brisket, Souper soup and Stupendous Stew, more to come!!!!! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 30 Jan. 2010
Quality built.Easy to use.Love it!
Will get another smaller version to replace my little old one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time and Money Saver, 28 April 2011
Mrs. Susan M. Frost "Ashdown" (Hartfield) - See all my reviews
It's a fairly hefty outlay to buy this pot but it saves hours of cooking time for traditional stews, pulses and soup. 20 minutes cooking for casserole beef and pot seals in all the flavours. Very nicely engineered compared to the old pressure cooker with weights and feels 100% safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 19 Mar. 2014
I am impressed with the quality of this cooker, everything about it is good and you get what you pay for. I like the way the lid and handle can be stripped down to wash, then just clicks back in place. Also, it is quiet compared to many pressure cookers. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality from WMF, 20 Jun. 2012
E. Richards - See all my reviews
Replacing an ancient pressure cooker from my Mum I went with this WMF
Apparently it's the 'shizzne' (not her words) she most probably used words like 'jolly' and 'spiffing' but I chose to ignore her most of the time.
But it does cook a bitchin' pot roast!

2.0 out of 5 stars The seal keeps breaking, 29 April 2010
T. Jones "unhappywithcooker" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
So bought this pressure cooker at the end of 09, since then without using to toch I'm finding that a small rubber seal that is used to control the pressure in the cooker keeps breaking, I'm now onto my third of these.
Though initial reports from the cooker were good it has gone down hill rapidly since we first used it,
I have contacted the manufacturers and they say there is little they can do and that these seals should last years, by my reckoning they go after about 15 to 20 uses, so if you are only planning to use this cooker about 10 times a year then this is the perfect option for you otherwise I would think twice

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pressure Cooker I have ever used, 7 July 2012
A. R. Turner (sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my new induction hob and its great. Well made and easy to use plus lots of space inside.
Steam release is so easy to use.
I have used Pressure cookers for 50 years and this is by far the best i ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, it had the steam insert inside, check it before you buy it seperately, 5 Feb. 2011
To my surpise the steam basket insert was inside the cooker, I had also bought the wmf perfect ultra pressure cooker(also perfect) and it hadn't got one. This one , did!

Great, great cooker, noiseless, fast anf durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars XLarge pressure cooker, 2 Oct. 2010
Fantastic pressure cooker suitable for large family. Secure lock and no spillage outsides as well as being easy to control temperature. One of best things I have ever bought and makes homemade soup in a flash.

‹ Previous | 17 8 917 | Next ›