I didn't buy this particular pasta spoon. I bought another (but similar) product on Amazon that doesn't seem available now.
But I still feel qualified to review it.

For years, I just used a fork for stirring/transferring spaghetti/tagliatelle/etc. in pans with little problem. But, then I bought a spoon similar to this and wished that I had one earlier. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it makes a nice difference.

This is not cheap ( I think that mine was cheaper), but probably still worth it, because it should give good service for many years.

My mother was Italian, so I love pasta in all shapes and recipes. This particular type of spoon suits most.

Some pasta spoons have a relatively large drain hole at the base - which is fine for spaghetti/tagliatelle/etc., but not so good for smaller pasta shapes such as macaroni/penne/etc. some of those can slip through. Not a major problem because you will usually pick them up in the next scoop. A smaller hole(s) at the base make a pasta spoon an all-rounder. You can stir the pasta with it, pick up an individual strand/piece to test the cooking, and use it to drain and transfer the pasta to the sauce to mix it (it's considered very bad form to put the sauce on top of the pasta to mix it, but I never understood why!).

A word of advice though:
If you are using non-stick pans, or others that at not completely scratch resistant, then I would advise you to buy any similar version with a nylon or similar bowl on the spoon.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 1 March 2014
Very happy with this purchase, very well made and sturdy, looking forward to using it. Packaged well and arrived quickly. Another great product by WMF
on 30 October 2014
Great kitchen tool. Good quality and finish.