5.0 out of 5 stars A rather spiffing garlic press indeed
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by Flour covered girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Kuhn Rikon
Purchased this as a Christmas gift for friends. I have a Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press (also available on Amazon) and find this model a lot nicer than the WMF version. The Kuhn Rikon is generally prettier and seems to work better. The only thing the Kuhn Rikon does not have is the handle to hang it up from, but other than that I find it superior.
Published 15 months ago by Martin P

5.0 out of 5 stars A rather spiffing garlic press indeed, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I received this as a present (quite a bizarre thing to unwrap on Christmas Day). Initially I was sceptical as I already had a rather nice M&S garlic press, and wondered why on earth I should replace it. However, it is a lovely hefty piece of kit, with a superbly smooth action, and it all hinges apart to clean without any parts actually needing removal (and the subsequent reassembly). The garlic chamber is a very good size - it can certainly hold a fat clove or two without any side seepage of lesser models. It cleans well, and just looks rather lovely. IF you have the funds, or know someone who loves to cook, and you want to get something that will definitely last a lifetime or ten, then this is a very nice thing indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A ferari of a garlic press!!, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I have had 2 garlic presses before so this is as compared to two others. The action was smooth, did not need that much energy for a normally able person and there was hardly anything left in the press after crushing. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars WMF garlic press, 31 July 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this garlic press as my well-used Le Cruset press finally broke after several years. This garlic press is heavy, well made - and for a nice change - not made in China. WMF are a German company and manufacture their products in Germany, hence the quality.

It does exactly what it is meant to do - crush garlic efficiently. I have not tried unpeeled cloves as I cook with peeled garlic. It is also easy to clean. It costs more than others, but it is worth it and I expect it to last a long time. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to kill a vampire?, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Want to kill a vampire? If you do, forget the garlic just hit him with this garlic press. Solid as a rock and extremely good value for the money, should last a lifetime

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 18 Feb 2011
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Compared to the standard presses you might find in the supermarket this press is far superior.

The press seems to be made from heavy gauge stainless steel and easily crushes several unpeeled whole large cloves without any garlic escaping above the anvil. The presses flips open fully to allow the skins to be easily removed from the extrusion plate. Expensive, but will probably outlast many cheaper units and for ease of use, well worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Good Design, 6 Jan 2013
Mr "grayboots" (Oxford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
My wife tasked me with finding her a better garlic press and I landed on this one after both previous positive reviews and a quick passing over of my engineer's eye.

I'm happy to say that it looks like my intuition proved correct! In use, the size and leverage produced by this garlic press means that it is very effective in use.

A little care is required in cleaning but the stainless steel construction stands up to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 6 July 2013
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to use. Crushes garlic easily. It's very powerful. The only thing missing is something to push garlic residue out of the holes, but it cleans easily enough under running water as long as you do it straight away and don't let the garlic dry on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Found at last. Man enough for the job!, 31 Dec 2012
John Green "Fellwalker 69" (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
This is a heavyweight tool in stainless steel throughout. All the components hinge,making cleaning very easy. Like other reviewers, I had replaced garlic presses regularly. I think this one will outlive me!

5.0 out of 5 stars can't fault it..., 6 Nov 2012
C.A.M. (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Never thought I would be writing a review about a garlic press, but this is indeed THE garlic press to own. Built like a tank, keeps its shine, easy to clean, crushes them with the skin on. Need I say more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kitchen kit, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I'd given up on ever finding a decent garlic press. The ones I've used have either bent, rusted, broken far too easily or been fiddly to clean/dry. I don't think I'm going to have any such problems with this press.
It seems a bit pricey but it is extremely solid and very well designed. It's not so much been made as "engineered". It crushes large cloves (or even several cloves at a time) effortlessly and with none of the messy spillage that you often get with other presses.
You can partially unfold it to scoop off the clove remnants ready for the next one, or completely unfold it for more thorough cleaning.
Because the steel "grid" is so thin the bits just seem to wash off easily under a running tap. After drying it all folds back into itself.
I just love it. Would recommend to anyone.

WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press