on 30 January 2010
This is a great piece of kit amazing battery life for a tape recorder ,but showings it age now against my new digital recorder but if you want a simple tape recorder you couldn't do better
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2010
Smart, uncomplicated, functional, the Sony TCM 150 is exactly what I wanted for my purpose: which was to listen to talking books while I'm out and about in the car. I'm also planning to use it to dictate notes and record interviews but I haven't got around to doing that as yet.
0Comment52 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2011
Excellent value for money .It is very easy to use and gives very clear sound from the tape. Portable so it can be used anywhere for recording or listening to speech or music
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2010
I bought this device for recording forum meetings at work, as well as recording guitar riffs on the fly, and it works perfectly well for both activites. Battery life is pretty good, mic range is good, it seems sturdy enough and it's reliable. OK, tapes are fairly obsolete these days but the device is good for what I need it for, so why bother going digital when you don't need to? Very sweet little device.
0Comment45 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2010
Very satisfied with the quality of this product - particularly for the price. I only need it for recording things which I have to memorise and it is prooving very satisfactory.
on 8 March 2011
Can't praise this little beauty enough.

Compact
Ideally portable for dictation or just listening.
Good tone.
Unbelievably, long battery life.

A purchase I have never regretted. :)
on 9 October 2011
I purchased this item for my father who is having problems remembering things, and this works amazingly well. Instead of all those pieces of paper strewn around his house, there is just this tape recorder with everything on it, great for his failing memory. Would highly recommend it to anyone in the same situation. The only thing I would say though is that the instructions included with it imply that you can charge this with a mains charger instead of using batteries, but in fact you can't. But hey it works really well on batteries, and probably easier in the long run, less technical things to deal with. A great product.
on 21 February 2010
I love these, have bought 5 or 6. With the inbuilt speaker they are great for note taking and song composing and instant checking. My little friend.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2012
THIS IS A VERY SMART PIECE OP KIT! THE QUALITY AND DURABILITY IS JUST WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM SONY. A REALLY FIRST CLASS PRODUCT AND GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. I WANTED IT MOSTLY TO LISTEN TO MY TALKING BOOKS, SO TO FIND A CASSETTE TAPE PLAYER/RECORDER WHICH PLAYS ON NORMAL
C-60/90 CASSETTES IS A GREAT FIND. IN THE MODERN AGE OF MP3`S AND SUCH THEY ARE GETTING HARDER TO GET HOLD OF SO IT`S GREAT TO SEE A COMPANY LIKE SONY ARE STILL PRODUCING THE EQUIPMENT TO PLAY THESE MEDIA! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE, AND THE SOUND QUALITY OF IT IS GREAT, TOO! WONDERFUL VOLUME ON IT, AMD VERY EASY TO USE. WELL DONE SONY!
on 8 February 2012
Its not a mini cassette insert tape but a standerd tape i tought i was buying having mini tapes from my previous dictaphone, but hey i am well impressed with the quality of sound and the ease of operating it.
Excellent tape machine.