5.0 out of 5 stars Great for one large mug of coffee
This is a well-made product, easy to clean, should last years. It is just the right size for a large mug of coffee for one person. I use it a lot when I'm the only one wanting a cuppa and I don't want to get out the big coffee maker. Cuts down on washing up!
Published on 3 Oct 2008 by Red Squirrel

3.0 out of 5 stars Portable, good for the price but definitely not the best.
I had a bigger version of a Bodum French Press for over 3 years, which unfortunately got lost.
I really loved the one I had and hence Bodum was the obvious choice. Chose to buy a smaller one so that I can keep it in office.It is alright for the purpose of using it in office. It is compact and occupies little space.
There are a couple of minor design issues. When...
Published 1 month ago by Pallavi Mittra

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for one large mug of coffee, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: Bodum Brazil 3 Cup Coffee Maker, 0.35 L - Black (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee from good product, 2 May 2009
Bodum are the most recognisable name in household coffee hardware in the UK probably Europe. They make a large range of styles and sizes - the design is good and the manufacture seems to be to an adequate standard. Nowadays when most people think of cafetieres they probably have one of Bodum's iconic designs in mind.
I do!

This is another good product: sturdy handle, anti-splash lid, good smooth plunging action. The filter-screen, plunger and lid are easily disassembled and cleaned. The flask is perhaps a little fragile but in the last couple of years I haven't broken one.

The problem with most coffee made in caffetieres in the UK is we don't use enough coffee and we then stew it for 4 or 5 minutes.
It says 3 cups in the description therefore we believe should get 3 big mugs of coffee from the pot.
Clearly ludicrous!
This small caffetiere holds a bit more that a soft-drink can - just right for one person who wants a big mug, too much really if you make it properly.

However, if you want more good coffee out of it my suggestion is to use a larger amount of coffee maybe three full tablespoons or even four. Pour in the hot water (not boiling) stir for 20 seconds.
Add the lid and plunger and plunge after a couple of minutes at most. There isn't much to be gained by steeping for much longer - most flavouring seems to occur shortly after the grounds are wet. Pour into a mug (or mugs) and dilute to taste with hot water.
Stingy measures of coffee, lengthy steeping and water that is too hot, all lead to bitter, acidic down-right nasty coffee anyway. Usually the advice is to steep for 3-4 minutes that's a long time really. More grounds and shorter steep times leads to a better taste IMO but naturally your mileage may vary.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 months on... and still going strong, 30 Nov 2008
used once a day for 6 months, and still in nearly new condition.

No problems at all. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be called 1-Cup, 1 Feb 2010
Mr. G. Peters "GappySmeg" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I dont know what size cups they have where Bodum come from, but this is a 1-Cup pot... but I knew that when I bought it. Top quality construction, handy instructions, works great. Only down-side is the plastic measuring spoon isnt quite long enough to give a good stir all the way to the bottom... slightly longer handle on the spoon and I would have given it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee for one? Perfect solution!, 7 Oct 2010
N. Sagnard (NI (UK)) - See all my reviews
This coffee press is the perfect size for a mug of coffee, or less if you want to (but not more, so be aware). Easy to wash (by hand or in the dishwasher), easy to fill, and easy to hide in a cupboard as it is rather small, just perfect. The glass seems sturdy enough, has been knocked a couple of times and still standing! Pour a heaped spoonful of ground coffee using the supplied spoon, pour the boiled (not boiling) water, stir, leave for 4 minutes, then press the filter down. Perfect coffee awaits you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 7 April 2014
This is a well made coffee maker. The only thing is I do not think you can get refills for the glass part, so if it breaks you have to buy a whole new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 Jan 2012
Bought this to replace my old one which I had for 3 years. Can't fault this item, Bodum is the original and the best- say no to cheap imitations! No problems at all, very sturdy product , well made and light enough to be portable if your a coffee addict.

3.0 out of 5 stars Portable, good for the price but definitely not the best., 1 Aug 2014
There are a couple of minor design issues. When pouring the coffee, the water seems to drip from the bottom. The frame is not as sturdy as the previous one I had. However, this doesn't imply that it is poor, just to say that it is not the best.
Most importantly, please don't be misled by the "3 cups" claim. It can hold 350 ml, which is one and a half cup of a decent size one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bodum just died....long live the Bodum, 16 Jan 2014
David E. Rosser (London England) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews with amusement because today after ten years of daily use I finally got careless with my Bodum coffee maker and knocked it on its side. One of the reviewers gave this product a one star rating because it is made of thin glass. I wanted to comment that my little one cup buddy has kept me company all this time and has NOT cracked before, despite much abuse over the years. The glass is thick enough, I assure you. Also....Just a little note about what you can do with these things that they are not designed for. (that might raise a smile or two) OK so you like cappucino and frothy hot chocolate? Use your Bodum filter plunger on hot chocolate and already made milky coffee to get something guaranteed to give you a milky moustache! Did I just invent the frappetiere? Oh and here's the good news...I just ordered two new Bodum Cafetieres from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Great., 22 May 2011
Extreamley fragile! Used once then upon cleaning the glass cracked straight way! Its made from thin glass not suitable for its use! Waste of money, Avoid product.