‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The *ONLY* frivolous kitchen gadget worth having!, 28 April 2003
DJ Bez (Weston-super-Mare) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
Right, I know what you might be thinking - yet another cutesy kitchen gadget that will last a week and is probably manufactured to fail just after. Something you'll be selling at a car-boot sale for a fraction of the cost in just a years time?! Wrong!
This cooker is not only well made (thanks to high-quality european manufacture) but performs excellently. Just add a small quantity of water using the supplied measure, plug in and wait for the buzzer to sound. Perfect eggs for hardly any power consumption. Compare that to using several litres of water, your 2kw hob, and washing the pan afterwards!
I have vowed never to give 5 stars to music or books but when it comes to good gadgets I dont have a problem with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 17 May 2003
A Cadman-Smith (Potters Bar, Herts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
Very easy to use, and mimimal washing up afterwards. You put eggs in the holder, pour on water from the measurer, put top on and plug it in. it buzzes when ready. the measurer is done by whether you want hard/medium/soft eggs. I like it, no more chasing eggs round a pan or watching them all spilt open. The fact that it looks cute impresses the children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly boiled eggs, 29 April 2003
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
The mini chicki is the best method of boiling eggs that we have found. Always perfecly cooked whether the eggs are room temp or chilled to start. Our children are able to fill the resevoir with water(cold) and start the process without being subject to the dangers of boiling water. On completion the water has evaporated and the eggs are removed using the tray in which they sit. As it boils dry, it leaves a small amount of residue which can be wiped out, or if stubborn, add a little vinegar and switch on for 30 seconds then wipe again. Excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clucking good egg boiler, 13 April 2003
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
You may not think that you need a gadget to boil eggs - but think again. Once you have got the water level right so that the eggs come out as you like them then you will never need to time your boiled eggs again - wander off, read the paper, feed the cat and just wait for the alarm to sound for your perfectly boiled egg. And its in the shape of a chicken - what more could you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing i have bought, ever!!!, 11 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
This is an amazing piece of kit! Select how you like your eggs, soft, medium or hard boiled, fill the measuring cup with water, pour water into egg cooker, pierce eggs using the excellent egg piercer on the bottom of the measuring cup, place the eggs on the holder, cover with lid, turn the power on, wait for buzzer, eggs done!!! Far too easy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggcellent!, 21 July 2004
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
No pans, no mess, just boil eggs in minutes. Great when my little boy asks for boiled eggs with ten minutes to go before we leave for school.
At last, something electrical that doesn't just sit gathering dust on the worktop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than burning the house down, 12 May 2004
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
As the owner of a P.C. I have a very bad habit of forgetting that I have eggs on the boil when surfing the internet.
Exploding eggs burned pots and smoke filled house. But no more I can still leave it and when it buzzes go switch it off. Nothing to clean. IT WORKS ! Pierce eggs with pin at the end of the wee measuring cup, put in water switch on, five mins later buzz. Switch off, lift eggs out. Easy ! And clean. Better than burning down the house or filling it with smoke. A LOT CHEAPER TOO. I'm glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly as it says on the box, 25 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
Initially when i saw this item in the shops, i thought it was one of those many gadgets invented for no other reason but to fill the coffers of their manufacturers. but it looked so cute and i like hard boiled eggs. it is difficult (for me) to accurately hard boil eggs on the hob. Apart from that it is a fairly cheap gadget. so i decided to buy it, despite the scepticism of my husband
however, it has proved to be quite popular in my family. it is very easy to set it up. decide on the number of eggs to be boiled (1-4).fill it up with the prescribed amount of water (depending on the number of eggs being boiled and the level of cooking desired, like soft, medium and hard boiled) using the calibrated measuring glass. pierce the blunt side of the eggs carefuly using the pin given. then put the lid on, switch the power and away you go. once the eggs have cooked, it emits a dull buzz and your eggs are ready.
the best part is that it is a very simple gadget with hardly any controls. so very little can go wrong. still you can choose how well cooked your eggs need to be. only slight gripe is the salt shaker on the head of the hen, it is left open through the holes and if you dont store the lid upright at all times, you can have the salt coming out.
once

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggsellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 22 Jan. 2005
Mr. Jh Thomas (Midsomer Norton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
We purchased our Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler two months ago (although we've since renamed him EGGbert!!).
We were amazed at the effiency with which Eggbert lays his perfectly boiled eggs - each and every morning. We simply 'feed' him with salt (which he then regurgitates over our boiled eggs), fill with water to the required depth, and fill his belly with the required quantity of eggs.
I am then free to prepare for the day ahead (for example, by preparing my briefcase) while Eggbert does his work. A few minutes later, and ping! Eggbert's ready - along with my eggs.
I've even managed to time my toaster to pop at the same time (although admittedly through trial and error)!
This is indeed an 'eggsiting', dare I say it, revolutionary, new product in the field of egg-cuisine. A must-have kitchen accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Well Spent, 3 May 2005
F Gibson (Port Sunlight, Wirral) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Petra EA44 Mini Chicki Egg Boiler (Kitchen & Home)
I have always enjoyed boiled eggs and soldiers but I always seemed to waste at least 2 eggs trying to get them the right consistency - I always managed to over do them so they were hard boiled! Not anymore, the mini chicki egg boiler provides perfect soft boiled eggs eveytime and as an added bonus for those of us who are not keen on washing up the chicki egg boiler is a dream as it only requires minimal cleaning.
I purchased this item from Amazon over 6 months ago and it is used most weekends and I am now back to purchase another one for my friend.

I am sure that if I added up all the time and eggs I have wasted in the past trying to get the perfect egg I can honestly say I have already had my money's worth - what a fantastic invention!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›