on 31 August 2004
This is a very good kitchen appliance over all....shame about the lid really. Twice it has just fallen apart and left me with a great bucketful of unfinished food, and the replacement lids cos about £50, which i was extremely annoyed about. The other "accessories" that come with it are extremely good, I especially like the juicer blade. It lost an exta star because it is such a nuisance replacing the stupid lid.
on 28 May 2003
This processor is better than any other. The motor is powerful enough for heavy duty jobs like making peanut butter; it doesn't overheat when I make mayonnaise. The only drawback I have found is that you can't use add dried fruit to a cake mixture until the end as it gets chopped into tiny pieces! I still prefer my Kitchen Aid for whipping egg whites and making bread dough.
The different size bowls are great when you just want to make a small quantity of something.It's easy to clean and safe to use - you can't start the motor unless the lid is firmly in place. I do think it could be easier to get hold of spare parts, especially the bowl and lid -they do wear out a long time before the motor.
0Comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2005
Be warned - this processor does not like liquids: they spiral up the bowl and out through the lid, which doesn't even try to be liquid-tight!
Having got fed up mopping frozen margheritas off the kitchen, I've had to go and get a blender too.
Also, despite the high power motor, which is great for some tasks, I do miss variable speed.
Juice extractor and different-sized bowls work well.
Keep this for doughs, mixes, grating, slicing, mayonnaise, ...; but expect to buy a blender for soups and drinks!
on 26 February 2008
This processor, after many years of having different other models and makes, has proved to be the best buy ever. I have had this machine now since 2002, and it has never EVER given me trouble, and I certainly do put it through it's paces. The motor is extremely powerful, and being direct drive it is very quiet indeed. I have chopped over 2.5kg of meat in this without any problem whatsoever, and it can handle a 2kg bread dough with pure ease. Apart from the standard metal chopping blade and slicing/shreading discs, you also get an egg whisk (although I don't use this attachment) and a plastic blade, and this is invaluable when you are adding fruit or other ingredients to a mixture because it won't chop them down into tiny pieces, it will mix them in whole.

The motor never ever labours no matter how much you put into this machine, my only criticism is the box that you get to store the the blades - it is very flimsy and the lid does not lock, which can make handling it extremely dangerous (I have cut myself twice on the attachments when handling the box).
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2005
I can't fault this so far. It's really easy to use, works fantastically and feels really sturdy. Get one!
on 17 September 2004
I just love it!!!!!!
My husband fights with me to use it. The citrus press attachment gets used the most. A fresh orange and grapefruit juice boost every morning really gives me a vitamin injection for the rest of the day and it's dead easy to clean.
This top-of-the-range Magimix is a MUST for every kitchen.