4.0 out of 5 stars Great results for espresso and filter. Great milk frother.
Published on 2 July 2003 by David Rawle

2.0 out of 5 stars Heating element failures
Published 20 months ago by clive1379

4.0 out of 5 stars Great results for espresso and filter. Great milk frother., 2 July 2003
David Rawle (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I bought a Krups espresso coffee machine about 20 years ago. It was hopeless so I never bothered again. After too many trips to Starbuck's I decided to give it another try. I am pleased I did. The BC0260 is great. The filter coffee is as good as any other machine I have used. The espresso and especially the milk frother is superb. I got perfect results instantly. What I really like is the fact that there is non-stop espresso available and, as there are two boilers and two water resevoirs, you can make filter coffee at the same time. The only disappointment - the lovely rich blue pictured is very nearly black.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, 7 Jan 2004
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
The machine handles every kind of coffee I've ever heard of and does them all pretty well .. with practice. I found that my milk frothing technique took time to develop. At first my milk didn't stay foamy but after seeking advice on the internet I think I'm improving.
The bubbles are smaller and I'm getting closer to the desired micro-foam texture.
Plus points. I like the way the water reserviors come out and can be carried to the tap rather than pouring the water in. You can also have steam to warm or froth your milk whether you're making espresso or filter coffee.
Negative points. The milk frother is plastic and feels flimsy. I also tried a Krups model (metal frother)at a friends and felt it was easier to achieve a finer foam with it.
However, these small things apart, I'm happy but sometimes wish I'd gone for the Krups Crematic after trying my friend's machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, easy to use and clean, 19 May 2003
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I have had the coffee maker for a few weeks now and finds it brilliant. It is easy to use, espressos, capuccinos and filter coffees are good [I was positively surprised by the lattest, which I thought was sort of "standard", the same everywhere]. I was a bit disappointed at first by the quality of the espresso before I realised I wasn't putting enough coffee and not compressing it enough. The capuccino system makes a delicious creamy froth, you can't get it wrong. It is plastic and comes out very esily.
A friend of mine has a much more expensive coffee maker with similar features, and I think mine does as well as hers. It is very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Cappuccino ever, 2 Jun 2003
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This machine makes superb filter coffee . you can make up to 10 cups and select whether the coffee is to be week or strong.
The milk frother is the best Ive ever used. It works independently from the rest of the machine and the froth is amazing and really easy to obtain and use. The only thing I find wrong with the machine is that the steam nozzle/milk frother is a little difficult to get off the machine for cleaning purposes.
The Espresso coffee maker is also excellent. The whole machine is very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM YUM CAPPUCHINO, 7 Jun 2003
R. Johnstone "rachel-the-birthday-girl" (East Anglia - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I got this for Christmas (lucky me). The espresso is fantastic, the filter coffee excellent, but the piece de resistance .......... the milk frother!!!!!!. If you've ever longed for a little piece of Starbucks heaven in your own kitchen, this is the one for you!! Looks good too, a serious piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Cappuccino ever, 2 Jun 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Heating element failures, 10 April 2013
This review is from: De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Lovely coffee maker in all respects, does the job superbly. But the main element under the filter failed after 28 months. This was a replacement by Delonghi for a previous model that had the same failure after 18 months. I suggest you bear this in mind for these types of Delonghi coffee machines. Strikes me they have a quality problem on the element. Delonghi service are very good and helpful. I bought the first via Amazon, the second was sent to me by Delonghi. It's off to repair now. Not so good when they blow around 2 years.

De'Longhi Pump Combi Coffee Maker