Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 19 April 2003
I must admit I've tried every kitchen gadget under the sun, but the one that stays out all the time is my rice maker. Being a big fan of currys and chilli's, rice is a main staple in my house. Although I'm a pretty good cook and have no problems cooking rice, being able to produce fluffy rice every time can be a challenge. The rice cooker works faultlessly and the washing up is easy, just a non-stick bowl and lid. It can also keep the rice warm after you've cooked it, so you can come back for warm seconds later!! If you love rice you'll love this!
on 7 October 2004
I have always wanted a rice cooker ever since i met some chinese lads at university and i wasnt disappointed when i bought my first one! This rice cooker is great, easy to use, makes great tasting rice and the washing up is effortless. The steamer part is an added bonus to a superb device.
The rice cooker is always out and I am currently thinking of buying one for my mum. definately recommend it!!
on 13 July 2005
Unfortunately mine broke down few months after i bought it, got it fixed with the guarantee, then few months after it broke down again.
on 17 July 2007
This was given to me as a wedding gift so it cost me nothing maybe that's why i can't fault it. At first it was difficult to gauge the right amount of water but the trick to cooking an edible rice with it is to measure out your rice with the measuring cup provided and for each cup of rice, add 2 cups of water with the same measuring cup so if you measured out 3 cups of rice, then you need to add 6 cups of water. You can top up the water in-between if you feel it won't cook properly. The above is just a guideline. I personally sometimes cover the cooker with a clean tea towel when it is on warm if i want it softer before serving. Anyway i need to replace it today cos it has stopped turning off automatically after three and half years of intensive rice cooking!!!
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2003
Our unit lasted 2 years and stopped working in the middle of cooking and never worked again.
The unit takes a lot of experimentation to get the quantities right - but even then the cooked rice was of inconsistant quality. Burnt rice resulted in follwing the manufacturers poor guide exactly as in print. Took 4 or 5 goes just to make semi-edible rice and I've been cooking rice in a pan for 30 years!
The instructions are inadequate for establishing weight of rice versus water, luckily a Philipino friend gave us some tricks to fine tune the measurments and make the assessment.
I prefer a saucepan, although my wife wants another better make.
The lid has a useful steam vent hole - which is a good feature.
The mains cable is not removable -so it cannot be used for table serving.
The cooker always leaces a hard brown cake of crisped rice on the base. Best to water soak this immediately or you can't remove it even with the non-stick coating - which comes off in the dishwasher too.
White finish goes brown very quickly and looks tacky.
A stainless steel version would be preferable - but kenwood have stopped making this version.
Try something else.